More Idaho public land being closed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdhanses

WKR
Or as someone above suggested, tax payers shouldnt pay for the road going to his property. End the road before it gets to his property and then he’ll be locked out himself.
So is this the answer for every land owner that doesn’t allow public access through their property, remove all public roads to any private that doesn’t allow public access?

In reality most of these roads in rural areas were created for private land owners and the economics of their business operations, providing grain, beef, hogs etc for those that grocery shop.

FLATHEAD

WKR
And sometimes, its a holier than thou mentality. Like they are doing such a great service they deserve special treatment.

Broomd

WKR
Try voting for a democrat for a change. A bunch of the political issues I see in our state basically coming from one party having all the power and being able to do whatever they want with little to no fear of any repercussions.
Hell no.
I'll rather be dead than vote for those insects.
There was a time when we did vote for dems-especially pro-life dems, but that scenario no longer exists. All dems in political office embrace infanticide now.
Party wasn't as much of an issue in the past, but that ship has sailed with their refusal to acknowledge the shitshow and freakshow that they have created.

1650757799907.png
Hell no.

Since this is a hunting forum I generally don’t care to get political but I came from one of the most Democratic states in this county and if I’ve learned anything, it’s that they want to put and end to hunting completely. In my opinion, a vote to that side is basically putting the ball in their court and allowing them to continue to chip away at a hobby that we all love and enjoy. To each their own, that’s just my take.

In my book, the way to stop this kind of nonsense is to have the state stop selling land off. What they should have done was leased the land to these timber companies rather than sell it off. The state then turns a profit while keeping land for residents to enjoy. I’m sure there are all kinds of arguments on why that couldn’t work but to my simple mind, that is the solution.
I don’t believe he was suggesting that the whole state should go from red to blue. My take was that it’d be good if those in power weren’t so entrenched that they feel invincible. Both sides of the isle are chipping away at our rights from different directions. Dems want to limit gun rights and Reps want to privatize land. Either one will end hunting and recreating as we know it in the west. I’m personally more worried about public land as it’s not foremost in many peoples minds and many people (including on this forum) actually advocate for it.

TheTone

WKR
Hell no.
I'll rather be dead than vote for those insects.
There was a time when we did vote for dems-especially pro-life dems, but that scenario no longer exists. All dems in political office embrace infanticide now.
Party wasn't as much of an issue in the past, but that ship has sailed with their refusal to acknowledge the shitshow and freakshow that they have created.

View attachment 404302
Hell no.
Going to be super fun to see how much our new abortion law costs idaho tax payers in lawsuits. Meanwhile our roads will still be garbage, we will barely fund schools and crush people with property tax

BuzzH

WKR
Pretty silly if ones major priorities in who they want in office is purely for public lands and hobbies, we have such larger issues in this country.
Any more silly than the single issues that a vast majority of other Americans cast votes around?

Those larger issues that nobody wants to solve...or even demands those they elect even attempt to solve?

Voting is a team sport now...issues don't matter and memes/bumper stickers mean more to voters than platforms and policy.

Just the way it is and until the average American voter becomes informed and demands accountability, it won't change.

Buffalo

FNG
This sure sounds like a prescriptive easement over the private property could be claimed. Easements do not have to be written into a deed for them to be valid and legal. If the road has been used regularly for a long time, this may be the route to maintaining the access.

Sadler

WKR
It amazes me how many guys vote democrat because they “care” more about public land than republicans. Democrats hate hunting, especially predator hunting, hate guns and pretty much hate those that try to be self reliant and don’t want to depend on government for everything. Has the last two years taught us anything? Not to mention the plethora of other nonsense they support like men getting pregnant, wanting to teach young children about sexual orientation, support children transitioning from one sex to another without their parents knowing about, the list goes on. Either way, the people that vote blue because they think they’re somehow going to save public land are useful idiots for the Democrat party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.