Money Saving Tips / Ideas

CorbLand

WKR
This ain't the 60's. kids are making $20 per for standing at the counter handing you your burger.
I see signs hung up at fast food joints offering $17+/hr to start.
When was the last time you all tipped at a fast food restaurant?

I am 99% sure that fast food is not exempt from minimum wage laws but most "sit down" restaurants are.

It varies state by state but the I am pretty sure that the Federal minimum wage for tipped employees is 2.13. Some states may force you to pay more than that.

There is a brief overview from Google
1728419506647.png

Last edited:

intunegp

WKR
This ain't the 60's. kids are making $20 per for standing at the counter handing you your burger.

They sure do, and your waiter or bartender at establishments that don't have a drive through are still making $2.13/hour + tips.

One of the last times I flew out of ATL, I checked my bag at the outdoor Delta kiosk just because I was walking past it anyway. I started to walk away when the sassy black woman told me her hourly wage and that people usually tip...for someone to put my bag on a conveyor outside instead of inside?

Common sense has to be applied at some point. I wasn't suggesting you should tip anybody who holds their hand out or puts a jar next to the cash register, but when you take the family out for dinner, what's the difference between tipping 15-20% or paying 15-20% more because they jacked up the prices when the employees demanded more money? A burger doesn't cost 50 cents anymore either.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
They sure do, and your waiter or bartender at establishments that don't have a drive through are still making $2.13/hour + tips.

One of the last times I flew out of ATL, I checked my bag at the outdoor Delta kiosk just because I was walking past it anyway. I started to walk away when the sassy black woman told me her hourly wage and that people usually tip...for someone to put my bag on a conveyor outside instead of inside?

Common sense has to be applied at some point. I wasn't suggesting you should tip anybody who holds their hand out or puts a jar next to the cash register, but when you take the family out for dinner, what's the difference between tipping 15-20% or paying 15-20% more because they jacked up the prices when the employees demanded more money? A burger doesn't cost 50 cents anymore either.
The current federal minimum wage in the USA is $7.75. Where do you get $2.13/hour.

Nobody is making them work that job.

, what's the difference between tipping 15-20% or paying 15-20% more because they jacked up the prices when the employees demanded more money?

I'd prefer a fixed price vs some poor me guilt trip thats laid on every customer that walks in the door.

maxx075

WKR
If you want a raise all you have to do is hire a mob member and threaten to upend the country's economy.

Wallah, 62% raise.