MKC knife reviews......in progress!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
7/2/23 Update. @Josh Boyd review is up here
IMG_5343.jpeg

Several rokstaff will be doing some reviews on different models of knives from the MKC.....Montana Knife Company here in the near future. It's bear season now so I hope to be testing out the Blackfoot 2.0 here shortly on several bruins.
I received my 2.0 today and it feels as good as it looks. Great feel in the hand and I really like the blade shape.
As any WKR would do, I weighed it right after opening it.
Advertised weight was 3.6 ounces and my trusty scale said 3.5 ounces. Knife and sheath came in at 5.7 ounces.
Stay tuned ............

Randy20230417_181514.jpg20230417_181532.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
MKC knives are legit. I’ve got 3 so far and the Blackfoot was my first and go to. I hunted a few times with Josh in college and always drooled over his knives. I’d love me some Damascus MKC knives.

MKC knives are legit. I’ve got 3 so far and the Blackfoot was my first and go to. I hunted a few times with Josh in college and always drooled over his knives. I’d love me some Damascus MKC knives.
Pretty neat factoid.

Not really a MKC fan. I don't think. I am a blade shape snob. Some really catch my eye. Others do nothing for me. When he blended the Speedgoat and the Stonewall Skinner into the Stoned Goat....THAT shape got my interest.

What Josh seems to preach is: Made in the USA with local hands, and customer service.

I reached out to MKC via Insta. He got back to me personally within two hours.

The Stoned Goat dropped Thursday. I set two alarms for the drop. Website check out crashed. Was able to snag one via iPhone as I was running both a lap top and phone at the same time trying to check out. I fat fingered my address and billing. In a panic....I ordered a second one (if any of you have ever attempted to snag a Half Face blade you'll know what I am talking about. They sell faster than Rolling Stones concert stubs. You have about 3.4 seconds to make a choice, add to cart and be checked out. Or you lose).

I emailed them immediately and asked to cancel order XXXXX yet continue to fill order XXXXX.

His old lady got back to me within a few hours. Had it all squared away. Saved me potential package theft and multiple shipping charges.

I 🌈 that kinda stuff. Blade will be here today. I have no plans to whack anymore bears. Be a bit to really use it.

You will like it...I have the speedgoat, min speed goat, and just picked up a stoned goat with the last drop. I used my speed goat to process an entire elk last year no issues, still had enough edge to process a few WT does when I got home..The mini is a great all around knife, it lives on my fishing pack.
For shiggles I took them up on there free cleaning and sharpening service for my speed goat...got it back with new paracord and sharpened in like a week and half. Great service.

Little hint if you create an account you can buy with one click when they drop. My order was completed round 35 secs after they dropped.

Did create an account. Was all logged in. Had some decals and a T Shirt already in cart. Couldn't finish. Hence the panic!!!!

I have several thousand $$$ in Knives. And I am trying to come around full circle to "Mortal Steel". I have a Spyderco with S110V. Even with Diamond stones on an Edge Pro.....what a pain in the balls.

I am old. Easy Sharpen by hand in the field if needed sounds way better to me. I enjoy sharpening. Think easy touch up are the New Me.

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
@mtnwrunner any pics of it in hand? I think this is a 7" knife. Wonder how it handles and feels.
I can get some pictures tonight. Mine has the olive handle. It feels great. Also have the fieldcraft survival and the fillet knife. I really like the stoned goat as well probably will get that next go around. Spent my stash on the fillet a week earlier so just couldn’t quite swing it this go around.

I've been eyeballing their knives for a bit. Looking hard at the Blackfoot, and comparing it to the speedgoat and mini speedgoat.

Anyone been through this and choose one over the other?

I've been a havalon guy for a long long time, put a benchmade altitude in my pack as well but haven't used it much. Still always reach for the havalon but those mkc blades look sweet

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk