Mismatch Camo

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely feel like we should all wear carhartt brown bibs during the whitetail rut. Especially gun season. **** camo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hikenhunt

WKR
Haha, this is a great thread! I don't think I own any matching camo so put me in the mismatched group!

Okhotnik

WKR
So will the animals know if I wear Sitka optifade mixed with FL fusion? They will right? They will probably point and laugh…

But seriously, does anyone else do that? I’m digging the Sitka heavyweight hoody in open country but all my other stuff is FL fusion.
I have a friend who can assist you. I bring a separate bag of clean matching Camo to change into for selfies and introspective shots of me glassing canyons

FEX7amA.jpg

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
My usual typical configuration for hunting in the cooler weather. Elk is a Hopi hunt on the Hopi Reservation. Deer is unit 10 Az.

Attachments

• 20151025_064021.jpg
    20151025_064021.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20151107_124936.jpg
    20151107_124936.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 58

Rob5589

WKR
Lets see... On any given day in the mountains I'm wearing a hodgepodge of Kuiu, first lite, sitka, Mossy oak, and Vietnam Tiger stripe camo, and occasionally ASAT. With solid colored pants.

Not long ago I listened to a podcast where they discussed camo vs solids. General sentiment from the host was solids are fine, but if you really want camo it should match. Don’t recall the reasoning.

One day this spring I wore 6 different patterns and had two jakes walk to within 5 feet of me sitting on an open hillside. Must’ve been too young to know not to go near a man mixing camo.

bozeman

WKR
I enjoy nice camo and hiking clothing....much better than the old Rustler jean (chaffs like a motha)......some Wrangler Mtn Pants with an Sitka Fanatic hoodie (black) and an Eddie Bauer puffy has served me well for a LONG time........got laughed at for my Wal Mart gloves last year (wind proof and bulky), but could have sold them for 10X the price by the time the hunt was over! I do buy at least one piece of Sitka or Kuiu/year.....it is comfy and warm!!

tuffcity

WKR
Sadly my original kuiu hat blew off my head and landed in the mid Pacific just off Palau a couple of years ago. Anyone in the Guam to Palau area find it I'd appreciate getting it back? :D

Rob5589

WKR
I'm kinda bummed that my wife got me a nice kuiu camo hat last year for my bday. I don't want to have to spend $1000 to get all the rest matching. I don't even like kuiu
Curve the brim and you can wear anything with it.

ODB

WKR
In actually have an idea for camo that would be pretty sweet. But I’d never wear it so the idea will die on the vine…;-)

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I wasn't even aware of chaffing by clothing until I joined the service in 2000. To this day still have never had a problem with chaffing.

bozeman

WKR
@tradman- buy a pair of Rustler jeans from Kmart, walk 5 miles in the southeastern summer heat/humidity.......then lets talk! Growing up, we weren't allowed to wear shorts (religious family)........

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Is K-mart even still around? I'm not a shorts wearing person either. Jeans all the way.