Mismatch Camo

KClark

WKR
I think a guy wearing matching camo head to toe looks like his grandmother dressed him. Military excepted of course.

Azone

WKR
**** it, I’m going out on Saturday morning in cut off shorts and my slippers.
But I’ve really considering buying some white crocs, white framed sunglasses and a white flat brim hat with some trendy logo on it to add to my kit so that I can run them with the cut offs. My guess is with some fresh gear like that people will know I’m serious and be smashing the like button when I post my 37 pictures of the same deer that I just killed. And don’t worry about the meat, it will be donated or thrown away, no biggie.
My guess is if a buck manages to see me before I shoot him he will be so distracted by what appears to be a douchebag it will definitely buy me a few more seconds to make a range and wind call and dial up the turrets for that right off the road 53 yard shot I’m gonna make with my custom built man bun. Boy I tell ya those match primers made all the difference, this gun shoots .1 MOA now. (This is all meant in sarcasm, some on here struggle to see that as of late.)
I’ve worn matching camo like two times in my whole life, felt like a tool for doing it, just not my style.
I was into solid and mismatched colors way before it was in vogue.

So will the animals know if I wear Sitka optifade mixed with FL fusion? They will right? They will probably point and laugh…

But seriously, does anyone else do that? I’m digging the Sitka heavyweight hoody in open country but all my other stuff is FL fusion.

I shot my elk last year wearing Eddie Bauer solid pants, FirstLite base layers and Kuiu tops.

Just hunt with the wind in your face and keep movement minimal at crunch time.

Budget and tags trumps matchy matchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
So will the animals know if I wear Sitka optifade mixed with FL fusion? They will right? They will probably point and laugh…

But seriously, does anyone else do that? I’m digging the Sitka heavyweight hoody in open country but all my other stuff is FL fusion.
It’s a sad state we’re in where this is actually a legitimate question….I think.

CJohnson

WKR
Me and a buddy did a lot of laughing and head shaking last year packing out his elk and getting stopped by every dude "from Denver by way of (fill in the blank)" wearing matching First Lite with a weatherby vanguard we passed on the trail just asking to look at the meat or antlers. We looked like two homeless dudes based on our camo selection or lack thereof. I take pride in dressing up like a hobo to go hunting. It also seems to freak people out on public land if they happen to bump into you off trail.

Next year I'm considering dressing up like a backpacker.

bozeman

WKR
Its according to what season you are hunting......wearing First Lite after archery season is like wearing white after Labor Day, major 'no no' if you are aware of any hunting fashions. Also, the mixing of patters is a sure sign you shoot a 6.5PRC, as the ones who wear all matching shoot 6.5CM's......if you don't want to be mis-judged by other hunters and animals then you need to get this straight. Also, if you wear matching camo and have a flat brim cap, you are a Vegan hunter.... add the man-bun and long beard, well, I can't help you there. Hope this helps with your dilemma.......

Never been a fashion guru, my hunting clothing span a few years, and a total mis-match of a bit of everything, save your money and be frugal, never seen all the hype over big name garments, as long as it is functional, comfortable keeps you warm, dry cool who cares. Actually if not for the little nasties we encounter on our hunts hell hunt naked.

OP
C

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a sad state we’re in where this is actually a legitimate question….I think.
lol not a legitimate question. I’d wear more solids if I didn’t get my first lite stuff used for a good deal. I just think it’s a fun discussion

I don’t trust a man Wearing all matching camo. I also see these fishermen on the river that look like they walked through an Orvis catalog and everything stuck to them. Usually neither one of these guys has a deer or a fish just an outfit that cost them $4000.

in my avatar I am wearing acrylic black Beanie of unknown origin (probably Walmart), some cheap fleece jacket I got for Christmas, and god forbid a pair of tractor supply cotton dungarees. I have a full matching set of Sitka, I just can’t bring myself to wear it. I do have on a Sitka base layer shirt.

Rob5589

WKR
While all matching camo is still a thing, seems more trendy to say how you don't wear matching camo, or camo at all, to show your individuality and all.

Bighorner

WKR
I personally dont trust anyone with matching camo. In fact next to flat brims it's a tell tail sign of trouble.

Azone

WKR
Its according to what season you are hunting......wearing First Lite after archery season is like wearing white after Labor Day, major 'no no' if you are aware of any hunting fashions. Also, the mixing of patters is a sure sign you shoot a 6.5PRC, as the ones who wear all matching shoot 6.5CM's......if you don't want to be mis-judged by other hunters and animals then you need to get this straight. Also, if you wear matching camo and have a flat brim cap, you are a Vegan hunter.... add the man-bun and long beard, well, I can't help you there. Hope this helps with your dilemma.......
So much truth posted right here.

Oregon

WKR
F7ADCC3E-0C07-4095-948A-A0048ECCE3D7.jpegF748FC82-76AE-4756-9390-79960C889000.jpeg9B8EC63B-DDD9-406B-9621-7D545A14D41B.jpeg6C3F3FB5-12CE-4F97-B16C-4E6119ED29DB.jpegBlack hoodies are the new secret weapon. I only wear the Sitka pants because I'm a little chubby. Like wearing sweatpants. Now I'm rocking black Ovis sweatpants and a black hoody. It's all about the black hoody.