Mike Tyson VS Jake Paul

What about George Foreman? He was a fat old man that won the heavy weight championship at 45. Tyson looks 10x better than Foreman did. Tyson is an animal. Jake Paul is above average. Tyson was possibly the greatest heavyweight of all time. I think he has more than a chance.
I still hold Ali in his prime as the best who ever did it, but I wouldn’t have a real argument why Ali was better than Tyson, different time, different highlight moments, different skill sets… both were geniuses of the sport in and out of the ring, both pioneers of trash talking, which added entertainment to both.

Tyson certainly had some rough moments in his career, probably the most memorable was Buster Douglas… but when Tyson was on and focused, holy smokes.

That alone is why I couldn’t bet against him in this fight, even an older, slower, easier to rock older Tyson is still Tyson and looks pretty damn good, and seems determined

It’s a more intriguing fight than Conor and Floyd, there was really only one way that fight could go (just like if Floyd came back and fought Conor with mma rules, there is only one way that could go, and it wouldn’t be pretty, but Floyd is also extremely smart and wouldn’t do that, even with his big ass ego…)

Fatcamp

WKR
Well, I appreciate most of your enthusiasm toward Mike, but he hasn’t a shot in hell to win if this fight if is anything other than an exhibition. The Paul kid can actually fight a bit, remember he’s been training for quite a few years now. He and his brother are both athletic and they’ve been fairly disciplined about what they’re doing. The reality is Mike’s body is broken and he’s “137 years old” on top of that.

Thankfully, no commission is going to sanction this if it’s is anything other than an exhibition. My guess is it will be two minute rounds with headgear or something like that.

But don’t get it twisted, if it’s a real fight Mike get slept pretty quickly. The truth is most people dont know Sh.. about boxing.

Sounds like Texss commission is considering.

I don't agree with you on Tyson not having a chance. JP has hand picked small, out of their element, average boxers, poor records, etc. Even far past his prime the experience of hundreds of fights does count for something.

But I agree it's probably gonna be an exhibition setup.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like Texss commission is considering.

I don't agree with you on Tyson not having a chance. JP has hand picked small, out of their element, average boxers, poor records, etc. Even far past his prime the experience of hundreds of fights does count for something.

But I agree it's probably gonna be an exhibition setup.

Those two little knotheads are next level marketers, I’ll give them that. I think it’s pretty freaking low to pick Mike as an opponent at this stage of his life. Shoot, most any ex fighter could look good for 30 seconds on a bag if they wanted to, that doesn’t mean they can still fight. It certainly doesn’t mean a person can go 10 rounds. Most people don’t realize how difficult that crap is. They think Boxing is just punching people, and being “tough”.

Like I said, their marketing skills are next level. I can’t hate their game, pick washed up fighters to look good against, sell it on TikTok, YouTube or whatever medium they use, laugh all the way to the bank with wheel barrels full of cash in tow.

Mike’s not gonna complain either, he knows what’s up. He’s gonna take the cash and run down the street too.

Last edited:

t_carlson

WKR
Remember Tyson beat someone up on an airplane not too long ago. If he gets that fire in his eye watch out lol

Any pro boxer and 99% of amateur boxers could beat someone up on an airplane. People who don't train martial arts (which comprises the VAST majority of idiots who mouth off in public) are easy pickings for someone with a little training.

I WANT Tyson to win this one, but it is going to be tough for him. There are things like reflexes, coordination, and endurance that degrade with age and cannot be revived with any amount of training after a certain point. His weight cut alone will be difficult for someone his age, so he'll be fighting much closer to the bout weight than Paul will or Tyson did at any time in the past.

Further, Tyson's boxing style is an aggressive and risky one. While he perfected it back in the day, his signature peek-a-boo guard is reliant on lightning fast reflexes and the ability to eat a power shot or two on the way in. I have to believe Tyson is like most old fighters and is more easily KO'd today due to a career of absorbing heavyweight shots and the resulting brain damage that continues to accumulate long after the fighting is done.

Remember, Pretty Boy Floyd didn't knock out Paul, and he was still in his prime when they fought. I'd say the most likely win for Tyson is a decision in his favor.

Its sad that Tyson has squandered his fortune to the point that this is even happening.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Either way Iron Mike wins.....probably a 40-50 mil payday.

He said a while back he wouldn't do it for less than 50. We will see.

Riplip

WKR
Remember, Pretty Boy Floyd didn't knock out Paul, and he was still in his prime when they fought. I'd say the most likely win for Tyson is a decision in his favor.
Have to disagree here, as Floyd weighed under 160 for that fight, and Logan was 190. Floyd was 44 years old (well past his prime) and although he had 27 career knockouts, was not known for his power, but for his defense, fight IQ and ring management. Per my post above, no way Tyson wins this, but the one advantage Tyson still has is power, which is the last thing to fade on an aging fighter, especially as one as vicious and skilled as Tyson is, so I will give him a punchers chance if he is able to connect early.

t_carlson

WKR
Have to disagree here, as Floyd weighed under 160 for that fight, and Logan was 190. Floyd was 44 years old (well past his prime) and although he had 27 career knockouts, was not known for his power, but for his defense, fight IQ and ring management. Per my post above, no way Tyson wins this, but the one advantage Tyson still has is power, which is the last thing to fade on an aging fighter, especially as one as vicious and skilled as Tyson is, so I will give him a punchers chance if he is able to connect early.

Mid-40's is not "prime" for most fighters, but there are exceptions. Randy Couture came back and retook the UFC heavyweight title at 43 and defended it successfully at 44.

But ok, I guess we'll just forget about when Mayweather TKO'd McGregor at 40 and the fact that over half of his professional wins were by KO 😉

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider

Different Paul, that was Logan Paul. Supposedly, Jake is a better boxer. Just for clarification.

t_carlson

WKR
Different Paul, that was Logan Paul. Supposedly, Jake is a better boxer. Just for clarification.

In this situation, the individual younger fighter doesn't really matter IMO. Any young boxer who is paid for an exhibition bout will be darn good, and this won't come down to skill in the same way as if both were near the same age.

Like I said, I'm rooting for Tyson. I just don't see him having a great chance at 57

Laramie

WKR
I shake my head and laugh at so many of the comments in this thread. You guys act like someone can't be in great shape at 57. No 57 year old mike can't compete for championships anymore but he still is miles ahead of JP in experience and skill. I wouldn't bet either way because JP has improved but he is a long ways from being taken seriously in the boxing world. Stunts like this one aren't going to change that imo.

t_carlson

WKR
I shake my head and laugh at so many of the comments in this thread. You guys act like someone can't be in great shape at 57. No 57 year old mike can't compete for championships anymore but he still is miles ahead of JP in experience and skill. I wouldn't bet either way because JP has improved but he is a long ways from being taken seriously in the boxing world. Stunts like this one aren't going to change that imo.

There's "in great shape" and then there's fighting shape, and much of it is a factor of age. 3 of the 5 pro fights Ali lost occurred in the last 4 pro fights of his career -- at the age of 39. At that time he was miles ahead of everyone in experience and skill, but he couldn't win against father time.

3 of Tyson's last 4 pro bouts were losses too. Also just shy of 40.

TSAMP

WKR
Why has nobody even considered "old man strength" as a factor.
Maybe it's a midwest thing.

Laramie

WKR
There's "in great shape" and then there's fighting shape, and much of it is a factor of age. 3 of the 5 pro fights Ali lost occurred in the last 4 pro fights of his career -- at the age of 39. At that time he was miles ahead of everyone in experience and skill, but he couldn't win against father time.

3 of Tyson's last 4 pro bouts were losses too. Also just shy of 40.
True, but Ali and Tysons losses came from serious professional fighters that belonged in the ring. JP is far from that. JP might win but it's foolish to think Tyson has no shot imo.

Well, I think Tyson is going to come on super aggressive slamming the hell out of this kid and have him shitting bricks pretty fast...and that is going to upset his game and then...it's lights out for the kid. I give the kid 2 rounds before he is looking up from the mat. Tyson knows he has to end it quickly, and he will. Tyson wants some money, but mostly he wants to gain respect again. There is no way he is leaving that ring as anything but the winner. At almost 64 and 200lbs, I can still deadlift and deep squat over 500 pounds, bench 350 and rack pull 750. You know how many kids half my age that can do that? Old guys are strong! My money is on Tyson. BTW, most of Tysons money was stolen and blown by his managers and he never realized it...he trusted them, same as many sports athletes before and after him have experienced.