Midway USA Customer Service

I just had the worst experience with Midway’s customer service. Long story short, I had a couple items added to my cart. By the time I updated my payment info, they increased the price $25 for one of my items. Weird, so I reached out in the chat - after some back and forth’s they told me to call and place my order over the phone. I did, after an hour on the phone, they messed up my account to the point where sale pricing and birthday pricing was no longer available and they couldn’t process my order over the phone. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after being on hold for a while, hung up. They kept trying to put the blame on me for submitting my order once without the card security code etc. I found what I was looking for less on OpticsPlanet, so maybe a blessing in disguise. Midway has always been great to work with, its unfortunate that the train came off the tracks. They can kick rocks and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Thats how bad my experience with midway was lol. I have never been a huge fan of opticsplanet either.
I can’t say I’ve ever had a bad experience with a screwed up order from midway. Have called them to get some insight on a product, and they were absolutely clueless. Turned out fine, but their own people don’t use their products.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Midway has always been great to work with, its unfortunate that the train came off the tracks. They can kick rocks and I will be taking my business elsewhere.
What is the ratio of great experiences to bad? How many other bad experiences have you had with them?

I just had the worst experience with Midway’s customer service. Long story short, I had a couple items added to my cart. By the time I updated my payment info, they increased the price $25 for one of my items. Weird, so I reached out in the chat - after some back and forth’s they told me to call and place my order over the phone. I did, after an hour on the phone, they messed up my account to the point where sale pricing and birthday pricing was no longer available and they couldn’t process my order over the phone. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after being on hold for a while, hung up. They kept trying to put the blame on me for submitting my order once without the card security code etc. I found what I was looking for less on OpticsPlanet, so maybe a blessing in disguise. Midway has always been great to work with, its unfortunate that the train came off the tracks. They can kick rocks and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

I'm sorry. I will gladly continue to use Midway.

sndmn11

WKR
Midway once sent me the wrong part. They had their internal inventory sticker over top of the manufacturer's sticker.

Midway told me I had to get an exchange through the manufacturer because their system showed I was sent the right part.

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
I just recently placed an order with midway and read in the promo codes you cannot use a birthday promo with a sale price promo.

My Midway story is that I lived 15 minutes from their original DC. I was trying to find a good fitting hunting boot, and the only way you could try them on was to buy them and return what didn’t fit. No other way. Their customer service people told me it’s no big deal. Locals regularly will order a few thousand in boots and then return all or all but one. So that’s what I did. Some of them I even tried in at the pickup counter and returned immediately.

Then one day I get a call saying I basically abused their return policy, and they needed to confirm my shipping address so they could send me all the boots and recharge me. I told them I would not give them an address, deleted all addresses from my account (well actually changed them to their DC address because you have to have something lol), and told them I’d be calling my credit card company to dispute any charges not refunded by the end of the week.

The guy dropped it but said I was permanently banned from ordering from them. …ok, wasn’t going to ever order from them anyway so go right ahead.

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
Always been solid. Have many orders with them. Great asset here in Missouri

I guess everyone can screw up. Have ordered from midway for years and I would honestly put them near the top of my CS experiences. Processing is fast and Shipping is fast and usually fairly cheap. Can’t recall ever having an issue with an order and returns are super easy.

I had a pack of soft plastic fishing baits that had the correct label but wrong plastics. They sent me the correct ones, no problem

gbflyer

WKR
No CS issues but I tell ya what they need to learn how to not throw a box of bullets in a giant flat rate mailer with no padding expecting it not to blow the box out. Happens frequently here and they end up having to replace. How much would it cost to train the monkeys to pad the boxes? Damn.

Oldbuff

FNG
I recently placed an order with Midway and saw that a birthday promotion and a sale price promotion cannot be combined.

Remember the good ol' days when their products shipped free?

One bad customer service issue did not a trend make.

That said, like many other businesses, those who excel at costumer service tend to get my dollars faster than the others.