Meniscus Tear Won't Heal

EdP

WKR
Maybe I am behind the times but my understanding is that meniscus tears do not ever heal. Have the torn fragment removed and it won't be moving around and causing instability in the knee. The human body grows some parts only once and afterwards there is not the blood flow to support healing.

OP
Augie

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried rest?
This has been ongoing since 2018. Yes I have tried rest, I have tried extensive physical therapy, I have tried knee scopes, I have tried just about anything out there at this point.

Fatcamp

WKR
This has been ongoing since 2018. Yes I have tried rest, I have tried extensive physical therapy, I have tried knee scopes, I have tried just about anything out there at this point.

That sucks. That stuff takes so long to heal.

Maybe time for a new team?

OP
Augie

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks. That stuff takes so long to heal.

Maybe time for a new team?
hate to sound like the downer over here, but this is already my second ortho and this last one was the long time ortho for the Steelers. Just a tough situation so that's why I may start exploring the peptide route because why not at this point.

Fatcamp

WKR
hate to sound like the downer over here, but this is already my second ortho and this last one was the long time ortho for the Steelers. Just a tough situation so that's why I may start exploring the peptide route because why not at this point.

Gotcha. Make sure you are clear about side effects. A coworker had a serious reaction a couple years ago. He had some personal things happen around the same time, but it really changed him.

Sorry to hear it's been such a struggle.

tracker12

WKR
Sorry to say but meniscus tears do not heal and usually continue to give nagging pain until a repair is done. I had have two tears. One I had successfully repairs which is not a significant procedure and recovery is pretty quick. The current one I have put up with for the last two years. I have lost a lost of cartilage in my knee and Doctor would rather not go in a second time on the same knee at this point.

twall13

WKR
I just had my knee scoped to fix a torn meniscus. I'm hopeful it took care of the problem for me. I've been living with it for awhile but being active with the tear caused a large bakers cyst that got pretty bad. When they scoped it they also found a bone spur and took care of that as well. After two ACL surgeries and now this, I have a lot of arthritis in my knees at the ripe old age of 39. The doc says I'll probably need knee replacement surgery at a pretty young age. I can't say I'm looking forward to that but we'll see how things progress over time. Knee problems are not fun, I hope the OP can figure out a long term solution.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
Augie

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
I just had my knee scoped to fix a torn meniscus. I'm hopeful it took care of the problem for me. I've been living with it for awhile but being active with the tear caused a large bakers cyst that got pretty bad. When they scoped it they also found a bone spur and took care of that as well. After two ACL surgeries and now this, I have a lot of arthritis in my knees at the ripe old age of 39. The doc says I'll probably need knee replacement surgery at a pretty young age. I can't say I'm looking forward to that but we'll see how things progress over time. Knee problems are not fun, I hope the OP can figure out a long term solution.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
thanks, hope your healing process goes well!