Maybe the lowest priced option to benchmade altitude

twall13

WKR
So, for the price I thought why not and placed an order. I decided to get one for me and one for each of my boys. Threw in a belt almost for free with the discount code. So that's three knives and a belt for about the same price as the Benchmade Altitude. I hope I like them, I know my brother really likes his Benchmade so we'll see.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
Well damn it you guys cost me $60 as well. I am gonna put a handle on it as well when it gets here. @sndmn11 I will be curious to know how your finish handle ends up and how secure it is. I like your concept and I may do something similar but also thinking maybe i will make a stainless insert to fill in the cut out and epoxy that in place also then use some traditional pins. I think I would have to use your concept of pin placement at the front and rear to handle some forces as well though. Relying only on the epoxy could be a mistake. Hell once I get it in my hands my plan could change altogether though. Just spitballin at this point!

I'm at 100% confidence with the three pins in there. Was 60% thinking it through, but they are solid. The middle pin is a .18X micarta and the other two are 25/64 Easton super drive shafts.

If I were doing wood/g10/micarta/carbon fiber, I'd use two of these fasteners pressed forward and back similar to the arrow shafts but closer together. https://knifemaking.com/products/as...for-1-4-holes?_pos=2&_psq=barrel&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I didn't use those with the cork because I know the friction idea here works great, and I'm not sure how the bolt heads would do pressing on the cork. There's enough friction from the cork I have to put my weight into pressing the pins in and out.

If one were looking for cool scales, he could probably do two of these knives from one set of these

Lawnboi

WKR
Is it even worth sharpening for $60?
Just buy them by the half dozen.
Now that’s some American thinking right there! Just throw it away when it gets dull! Almost as useful as sending your knife in every time it’s dull.

S90v isn’t too terrible to touch up with proper compound, but can be a real pain in the ass once it gets actually dull, chips can be a bear to get out as well.

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
Now that’s some American thinking right there! Just throw it away when it gets dull! Almost as useful as sending your knife in every time it’s dull.

S90v isn’t too terrible to touch up with proper compound, but can be a real pain in the ass once it gets actually dull, chips can be a bear to get out as well.

Easy fix, don’t use it on things that cause chips :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you resold them on here for $30 I mean really? Hahaha
America 🇺🇸

tyler75

FNG
Just pulled the trigger on one.
Thanks for the coupon code.

Thinking about doing a handle.
Curious why cork? I understand the weight but will it stand up to abuse?

Ucsdryder

WKR
That handle is going to turn out NICE. Thanks Kyle!

Kyle works about as fast as the common gunsmith! Hurry up already! I want to see the finished product and see how it sharpens up.

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
... couple belts and knives later................ this damn site....

The belts are nice too. I have two now in different colors. Seems like they they’re made to outlast me.