Maybe the lowest priced option to benchmade altitude

You can buy a 3’ bar of S90V for less than $200. That’s 4 knives at $50 a piece before any work is done. I wonder where they are sourcing their material.

I’d be skeptical of retail material pricing. I just got a quote for some CNC machined HDPE (plastic). This shop can source material and machine for half the price I can buy the material retail.

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
I might buy another one to maybe put some scales on like the white river backpacker, another fairly inexpensive at $120 but S35VN which imo is inferior to s90v.

I've been looking at lightweight blades for a long time and haven't pulled the trigger since I own a havalon piranta and benchmade 15010. Two fantastic knives. I'm just kind of a knife nut so I wanted one. Looked at the argali, the iron will, the white river, kestrel, outdoor elements, outdoor edge. None are near the $70 price range and maybe one other is s90v @ $200.

feanor

WKR
You can get 1” x .103 x 36” for around 70.00’ shipped from njsb. But still, it does seem like a foreign priced knife. But when you’re buying bulk, it does take everything down in price.

feanor

WKR
Correction- they may be using 1.250” so it would be maybe 85.00 shipped for a 36” bar.

Regardless of where they source material, that knife is a smoking deal. I personally don’t care for s90v, but I know many do.

I’m tempted to buy one even though I don’t like that steel, would be good for something

Pn8hall

WKR
Well damn it you guys cost me $60 as well. I am gonna put a handle on it as well when it gets here. @sndmn11 I will be curious to know how your finish handle ends up and how secure it is. I like your concept and I may do something similar but also thinking maybe i will make a stainless insert to fill in the cut out and epoxy that in place also then use some traditional pins. I think I would have to use your concept of pin placement at the front and rear to handle some forces as well though. Relying only on the epoxy could be a mistake. Hell once I get it in my hands my plan could change altogether though. Just spitballin at this point!