Maybe the lowest priced option to benchmade altitude

Blandry

WKR
Purchased one of these along with a ridge belt (btw the best belt I've ever owned) for $70, S90V lightweight knife for $70.

It's destroying my ceramics.. def a hard S90V steel.. amazing deal.

ridgebelts.com/products/ultralight-smoke-grey-ridge-blade

Ridge Belts

g1f9on3320c04r76mmh05id ·

Fixed blade drop point with incredible edge retention. Durable hand molded kydex sheath. Half the price of anything like it on the market. #ridgeblades #knife #huntingknife #huntingblade #hunting #blades #bladesmith #knivesofinstagram
🔪
#knives #hunter #fishingknife #singleblade

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:

kpbrown31

FNG
Have you had a chance to use it much on anything? Recently came across these and considering one. Are they made in America?

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
I gave it to a guy on this forum sndmn11 who's fitting it with a nice cork handle. He asked ridge for some details on it and if I recall they said it was 62 rockwell hardness but not sure if they told him if it was US made or not.

When I get it back I plan to use it a bit and will let you know.

sndmn11

WKR
I gave it to a guy on this forum sndmn11 who's fitting it with a nice cork handle. He asked ridge for some details on it and if I recall they said it was 62 rockwell hardness but not sure if they told him if it was US made or not.

When I get it back I plan to use it a bit and will let you know.

I bit. Just ordered it. We will see.
They did tell me it was made in the USA. I should be done in a day to a week depending on what my demon spawn wants to do this weekend.

sndmn11

WKR
What are your initial thoughts on it?
I would buy one in a heartbeat if I needed a knife, and might buy one still. I think the rockwell is higher than what they told me because I can't really polish off the factory burr with the super fine spyderco sharpmaker stick. The facotry bevel is slightly further on one side than the other which contributes to that somewhat.

It is an exact copy of a benchmade altitude in every way other than the handle is hollow.

If you had some handy sharpening skills to take the facotry bevel back a scoosh to even things up, You'd have a lifetime knife. @Blandry thinks the sheath could be better, but I think it is above average, and it comes with a good belt clip.

CAH

FNG
I would buy one in a heartbeat if I needed a knife, and might buy one still. I think the rockwell is higher than what they told me because I can't really polish off the factory burr with the super fine spyderco sharpmaker stick. The facotry bevel is slightly further on one side than the other which contributes to that somewhat.

It is an exact copy of a benchmade altitude in every way other than the handle is hollow.

If you had some handy sharpening skills to take the facotry bevel back a scoosh to even things up, You'd have a lifetime knife. @Blandry thinks the sheath could be better, but I think it is above average, and it comes with a good belt clip.
Damn, I might buy two! Haha thanks.

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
I was thinking about buying another one myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
What do those handle scales have to grab ahold of? Do you still put pins through and epoxy like a traditional knife where you would drill holes for the pins? I'm very, very new in terms of messing with knifemaking.
I won't epoxy these. I will use arrow shafts for the pins and they will seat in the hollow back wedged forward and hollow front wedged back. I might need to add two more pins somewhere else, but that is TBD. The cork is tacky enough to grab the pinsand not come off without some wrestling.

That is my plan at least. I do have some hardware that I could maybe try first.

ShakeDown

WKR
Interesting, I placed an order. If these are really made in the USA S90V I will be shocked at that price.

I use an EdgePro Apex and have several knives in S90V and S110V so I’ll report after I re-edge.

kpbrown31

FNG
Wow if these are really US made they are a really great alternative, looks nice
I had actually sent a message through their contact page yesterday asking if these knives are made in America, and they just responded yes, that they are. Kind of surprised you can't find that anywhere on their site. If that's the case, it seems like something you'd want advertised front and center.