Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have a decent pic of their 2.5-15 with the illumination on? How bright is your center dot? I realize it’s not supposed to be “daylight bright” like a Razor 1-6, but the one I just received is barely visible on 10. I mean late evening, overcast sky, still barely visible. On anything below 9 it’s not visible at all. I put a new battery to check and it’s no different.

ljalberta

WKR
I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have a decent pic of their 2.5-15 with the illumination on? How bright is your center dot? I realize it’s not supposed to be “daylight bright” like a Razor 1-6, but the one I just received is barely visible on 10. I mean late evening, overcast sky, still barely visible. On anything below 9 it’s not visible at all. I put a new battery to check and it’s no different.
Sounds like an issue. Mine is plenty bright.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider

I posted photos of mine early on. I agree with others, sounds like you have an issue. Mine on 10 is almost too bright to use, on par with a red dot and definitely daylight bright.

Post in thread 'Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/maven-rs1-2-2-5-15x44-new-model.333202/post-3364813

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is the same, unusable in daylight. I just figured it’s like my Leupold Mk5, meant for high magnification at very low light.

Axlrod

WKR
The illuminated reticle is the only thing I don't like, but I don't like them on most scopes. It is something I infrequently turn on and frequently- always- leave on. So I use it once per battery. The odds are high, that when I need it, it won't work. I would rather they leave it off the scope OR put one on there that turns itself off.
I have several Holosun red/green dot sights that have shake awake, a solar panel, and auto shut off. They work and battery life is huge. These sights are under $250

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The illuminated reticle is the only thing I don't like, but I don't like them on most scopes. It is something I infrequently turn on and frequently- always- leave on. So I use it once per battery. The odds are high, that when I need it, it won't work. I would rather they leave it off the scope OR put one on there that turns itself off.
I have several Holosun red/green dot sights that have shake awake, a solar panel, and auto shut off. They work and battery life is huge. These sights are under $250
I’ve killed hundreds of rabbits and squirrels with multiple of these scopes. Well past “legal” shooting light and have never needed the illumination. I don’t even have the battery in the scopes. A big game animal will 100% not need illumination to kill with these scopes.

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve killed hundreds of rabbits and squirrels with multiple of these scopes. Well past “legal” shooting light and have never needed the illumination. I don’t even have the battery in the scopes. A big game animal will 100% not need illumination to kill with these scopes.
That may certainly be, but sometimes I shoot at things other than big game. When I say it’s not visible, I don’t mean in bright sun- I mean still can barely tell it’s on at setting 10 looking into dark timber 30 minutes after sunset. I believe there is an issue. I’ll call Maven Monday.

Otherwise I do really like the scope.

lintond

WKR
I emailed Maven to see if they had an ETA for next shipment and I got a very noncommittal answer “hopefully sooner then later”. Makes me think we could be waiting for a while. 🫤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I put a 3rd Maven RS1.2 into use over the last 45 or so days since my last big update in this thread. Been busy with work but have still had time for shooting days in the desert. It’s been hot, as expected, with a few days over 110 already this year.

The .260 in the Rokstock has another 600 rounds through it with zero issues.

The .223 has another 1,200 rounds through it with zero issues.

My .243 got a new scope (maven RS1.2) and a new 20” barrel in from Sako. 400 rounds in and haven’t touched it since it was zeroed.

In fact, none of these rifles and scopes have needed any kind of adjustment to the scope or rings or anything on the gun. They just keep on shooting and killing.

I’ll be using the Rokstock .260 this week in the cold bore challenge. All 3 rifles will head with me to Wyoming after the 4th of July for two weeks of scouting/shooting fun. Gonna be a nice break from the heat.