Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Juan_ID

WKR
Figured this was worth posting about. I went out to shoot Friday morning and while loading my stuff to leave I set the rifle in the door jam while I loaded my other things off the tailgate. I’m sure you know where this is going…
It wasn’t overly windy but a strong gust came out of nowhere and slammed the door on the rifle. When it first happened I wasn’t quite sure what it was but as I rounded the bed of the truck it hit me. With all the positive postings about this model I had hope but if I’m not kidding myself I thought for sure it was for lack of better terms “compromised” and there’d be a shift.
I had already shot 5 to check zero, so I said to hell with it let’s see how far off it is. I shot 5 more and the group below tells the rest.
IMG_8516.jpeg
IMG_8517.jpeg
IMG_8518.jpeg

Just for clarification, there’s 5 pre- “doorslam” and 5 post slam test. I didn’t measure the group but it’s as good as any other this rifle typically shoots.

All that to say, this scope continues to impress and I think it may be the one that gets the nod this fall.

Sadler

WKR
Figured this was worth posting about. I went out to shoot Friday morning and while loading my stuff to leave I set the rifle in the door jam while I loaded my other things off the tailgate. I’m sure you know where this is going…
It wasn’t overly windy but a strong gust came out of nowhere and slammed the door on the rifle. When it first happened I wasn’t quite sure what it was but as I rounded the bed of the truck it hit me. With all the positive postings about this model I had hope but if I’m not kidding myself I thought for sure it was for lack of better terms “compromised” and there’d be a shift.
I had already shot 5 to check zero, so I said to hell with it let’s see how far off it is. I shot 5 more and the group below tells the rest.
View attachment 730442
View attachment 730443
View attachment 730441

Just for clarification, there’s 5 pre- “doorslam” and 5 post slam test. I didn’t measure the group but it’s as good as any other this rifle typically shoots.

All that to say, this scope continues to impress and I think it may be the one that gets the nod this fall.
I bet that type of situation happens often at the trailhead when guys are getting ready to pack in for a few days. It’s the perfect example as to why having a durable scope is so necessary even if you never fall and always baby your rifle while you’re out hunting. It would suck driving across the country and on opening morning you have to check zero because you don’t have confidence in your scope.

Legend

WKR
View attachment 730442
View attachment 730443
View attachment 730441

I can see it now..."the door slam scope test!" It's going to make the drop rest obsolete.

Juan_ID

WKR
I bet that type of situation happens often at the trailhead when guys are getting ready to pack in for a few days. It’s the perfect example as to why having a durable scope is so necessary even if you never fall and always baby your rifle while you’re out hunting. It would suck driving across the country and on opening morning you have to check zero because you don’t have confidence in your scope.
Exactly my thoughts, I don’t typically set my rifle in that location and probably won’t try and make a habit of it but it is reassuring that the system just works.
I can see it now..."the door slam scope test!" It's going to make the drop rest obsolete.
when it happened I thought to myself “this is something I never thought I’d be having to check” 😂

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
View attachment 730442
View attachment 730443
View attachment 730441

But but… the drop test is stupid and nothing like that happens in the field.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Exactly.

But but… the drop test is stupid and nothing like that happens in the field.
I quit debating it online, it's redundant and annoying. Anymore if I'm feeling generous when I come across a question, I'll drop a concise answer and a link to the evals, and bounce.

You guys have put so much time, money, and effort into proving it, it's gold, and much appreciated. I don't know about everyone else, but the dumbest shit almost always seems to happen to me, what the drop test simulates is easily expected reality. I know, I know, "dOn'T dRoP yOuR sHiT". Well, it happens.

Sadler

WKR
Tried part of the drop test today. It’s not the full
Test but I did drop it from at least two feet several times. Dropping it on the turret made me cringe. Hard to do.

I just mounted this scope so there are four holes that I circled that were part of zeroing it and the one with an x over it is from a 6 creed. None of those are from a zero shift. Anyway, this is my 223AI and it’s around a 1.25” gun based on the past 500ish rounds I’ve shot through it.

After getting close to zero I shot a 10 round group so I could start seeing the cone of accuracy. Instead of making any corrections, I did a short drop test. I didn’t record these but I started with the shorter drops about a foot off the pad. Would drop on each side and top then fire two rounds. I did that twice then went straight to the bigger drops. I dropped it from about waist high on each side three times each and then shot three rounds. The total number of rounds I shot during the test was seven. All within the typical 1.25” group this gun shoots. Extremely confident in this setup now. I’ll try to post the videos but here is the final group pic. All rounds with a tick mark were shot before the drops.

IMG_7977.jpegIMG_7978.jpegIMG_7979.jpeg

Tried part of the drop test today. It’s not the full
Test but I did drop it from at least two feet several times. Dropping it on the turret made me cringe. Hard to do.

I just mounted this scope so there are four holes that I circled that were part of zeroing it and the one with an x over it is from a 6 creed. None of those are from a zero shift. Anyway, this is my 223AI and it’s around a 1.25” gun based on the past 500ish rounds I’ve shot through it.

After getting close to zero I shot a 10 round group so I could start seeing the cone of accuracy. Instead of making any corrections, I did a short drop test. I didn’t record these but I started with the shorter drops about a foot off the pad. Would drop on each side and top then fire two rounds. I did that twice then went straight to the bigger drops. I dropped it from about waist high on each side three times each and then shot three rounds. The total number of rounds I shot during the test was seven. All within the typical 1.25” group this gun shoots. Extremely confident in this setup now. I’ll try to post the videos but here is the final group pic. All rounds with a tick mark were shot before the drops.

View attachment 730855View attachment 730856View attachment 730857

I think I'd do the tall target tracking test portion after those bounces on the elevation turret

Stocky

FNG
Mine arrived today from the new batch. What part of the reticle is normally illuminated? Mine the centre dot is illuminated but about half the reticle on the right side has illumination glinting from behind. Assuming this isn't normal.

1000005876.jpg

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
Mine arrived today from the new match. What part of the reticle is normally illuminated? Mine the centre dot is illuminated but about half the reticle on the right side has illumination glinting from behind. Assuming this isn't normal
Yes, not normal. Log it with them for a replacement - but maybe see if they'll let you keep using it until they get others in stock. Or they might have a sample model on hand.

@Stocky and @Dobermann both of mine have similar illumination bleeding issues such as that. Thankfully with this reticle I don't need illumination and the scope functions just fine. That really seems to be the only "flaw" with this scope and for me it is insignificant.