Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

The grid on UM site is WRONG for many instances. I referenced the table and even called to speak with an employee to verify ring height for my nightforce and stock tikka combo. Way too low and forced me to mount a bit too far forward.

That said, I’m hoping the lows do in fact fit this maven so I can order a medium and fix my nightforce position.

This is why I asked a member here which he used but never got a response.

If anyone has mounted this scope to a tikka T3X with UM low rings please speak up! I’m guessing all contours are reasonably close up near the shoulder?
I used UM lows without trouble. Factory sporter contour.

However, the Maven is a long scope, and ring spacing with the integral Tikka rail is less than optimal for it. Accordingly, I use a pic rail for the Maven to get the rings as far to the periphery as possible.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The grid on UM site is WRONG for many instances. I referenced the table and even called to speak with an employee to verify ring height for my nightforce and stock tikka combo. Way too low and forced me to mount a bit too far forward.

That said, I’m hoping the lows do in fact fit this maven so I can order a medium and fix my nightforce position.

If anyone has mounted this scope to a tikka T3X with UM low rings please speak up! I’m guessing all contours are reasonably close up near the shoulder?
I have two of these scopes on T3Xs with factory barrels and use UM Low rings for both.

I am hoping for Extra Low height from them in the future.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU

This scope has very good eye relief and had to be mounted a fair bit farther forward than my ten mile 3-18.

20240129_172554.jpg20240129_172600.jpg

YMMV

I have two sets, had three, have had three different scopes mounted. 3B contour, low 30mm with Trijicon Tenmile cleared with plenty of room, low 30mm with Maven RS 1.2 cleared with no problem, low 34mm with NF ATACR 4-16x42 cleared, but had some issues cleanly ejecting brass due to the windage cap.
Did you have room for flip up caps? My Maven is going on a rifle with a 3B contour barrel. I’ve got a set of lows as well as mediums (which I needed for the SWFA 5-20x50 that’s on there currently).

slowelk

WKR
Did you have room for flip up caps? My Maven is going on a rifle with a 3B contour barrel. I’ve got a set of lows as well as mediums (which I needed for the SWFA 5-20x50 that’s on there currently).

Are you talking about the Aadland ones that come in the bundle? I don't have those, but there would be room. I'm traveling this week, otherwise I'd get you a pic.

Are you talking about the Aadland ones that come in the bundle? I don't have those, but there would be room. I'm traveling this week, otherwise I'd get you a pic.
Was thinking either the Aadland ones or even butler creeks. Glad to know they’ll fit!

slatebuilder

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried this scope in really low light conditions? How visible is the reticle on 2.5? Think last few minutes of legal shooting hours in thick pines on a cloudy day.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Has anyone tried this scope in really low light conditions? How visible is the reticle on 2.5? Think last few minutes of legal shooting hours in thick pines on a cloudy day.
Yes and I’ve already replied to that use case here in this thread. Look at the top of the page before this one.

I’d recommend reading this whole thread it will answer any questions you may have.

slatebuilder

Lil-Rokslider
Yes and I’ve already replied to that use case here in this thread. Look at the top of the page before this one.

I’d recommend reading this whole thread it will answer any questions you may have.
I’ve tried to keep up from the beginning but have missed a few things. Thanks for the info.

Dobermann

WKR
Aaaaand ... after in stock / out of stock being timed with a couple of unexpected bills etc ... finally:

1706690573982.png

Whew! To be fair, I did also want to wait just a little longer for Form's most recent eval update.

Now I just need a Rokstok and new UM rings. ;)

One of the competing priority purchases is a Jeep. This one currently available, but then I'd look waaaay too much like @mxgsfmdpx :ROFLMAO:

1706690966771.png

Not to mention I'd be the only person in town in blaze orange Jeep ... @mxgsfmdpx - is yours orange just because (as we all know) you like orange, or is it so you can spot it from a distance when in some of those canyons? I'm veering towards the preference for green so it blends in at a trailhead (some thefts from and of hunters' trucks here), or grey so it just blends in in town.

I know this is way off topic for this thread, but am cashing in having tried to pull the thread back on course a few times, and guessing I'm not the only one here who's curious about your color choice!

JCMCUBIC

WKR

I've been using the scope heavily the last month hunting. ~75% woods, ~25% ag fields. I never run it on 2.5x...so I can't comment on that power...but consistently use it at 4x-6x in wooded mountainsides. The east side of a mountain, in woods, on a cloudy day, 30 min after sunset is pretty dark. It's a very good reticle in low light. The low illumination is very good, though it would be better if only the center dot were illuminated...the remainder of the illuminated reticle is still low enough it has minimal effect on the reticle.

A pro of the open center dot in wooded areas (in daylight) is that it makes it easier to pick up limbs/twigs at the point of aim. I've come to appreciate it.