Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I know there’s not a true post, I guess do you think it would feel more like using a fine duplex or closer to using something like this old weaver reticle?View attachment 656699View attachment 656699
With the side brackets being closer to center It should help pull your eye into the middle even if the crosshairs are harder to see. It's not the same in any way but might function similarly

503Dan

FNG
With the side brackets being closer to center It should help pull your eye into the middle even if the crosshairs are harder to see. It's not the same in any way but might function similarly
That’s what I’m thinking, it’s just hard to know without looking through it myself.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I know there’s not a true post, I guess do you think it would feel more like using a fine duplex or closer to using something like this old weaver reticle?View attachment 656699View attachment 656699

?

I am confused- there is nothing at all similar to the Maven MOA reticle and a German #1 nor a THLR, and it will not in anyway work like one.

Can you bracket a target between the posts like you would any other reticle (including the SHR-Mil), sure. But it doesn’t work at all like a German #1.

503Dan

FNG
?

I am confused- there is nothing at all similar to the Maven MOA reticle and a German #1 nor a THLR, and it will not in anyway work like one.

Can you bracket a target between the posts like you would any other reticle (including the SHR-Mil), sure. But it doesn’t work at all like a German #1.
I probably do not understand what goes into making a reticle and how our eyes react to it. That’s why I’m asking the question. In the moa reticle it obviously doesn’t continue vertically past like the shr. That is the similarity to the German #1 I see. It sounds like that doesn’t translate into a similarity in actual use but that is my question. The German #1 worked great for me for a point and shoot reticle and I’m wondering if the moa would offer that or not. I’m guessing that point and shoot ability is more so to that thick post being and eye catcher, but does having the whole top of the scope clear help also?
Like I said I probably do not understand the mechanics behind how any of these reticles work

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
In the moa reticle it obviously doesn’t continue vertically past like the shr. That is the similarity to the German #1 I see. It sounds like that doesn’t translate into a similarity in actual use but that is my question.

No, their not doing the same thing.

In this reticle you are placing and aiming with specific point-
IMG_5697.jpeg

With this, on low power, you are not aiming with a specific point (using high power to see the reticle)-
IMG_5694.jpeg

You are bracketing the target something like this (with red being the target)-
IMG_5698.jpeg

The German #1 worked great for me for a point and shoot reticle and I’m wondering if the moa would offer that or not. I’m guessing that point and shoot ability is more so to that thick post being and eye catcher, but does having the whole top of the scope clear help also?
Like I said I probably do not understand the mechanics behind how any of these reticles work

The Maven MOA reticle will allow you to bracket a target and shoot it on low power- so will the Mil version; but they are not working like a German #1.

503Dan

FNG
No, their not doing the same thing.

In this reticle you are placing and aiming with specific point-
View attachment 656748

With this, you are not aiming with a specific point (using high power to see the reticle)-
View attachment 656750

You are bracketing the target something like this with red being the target-

View attachment 656751

The Magan MOA reticle will allow you to bracket a target and shoot it on low power- so will the Mil version; but they are not working like a German #1.
I appreciate you breaking it down like that for me! Looks like I’ll be getting an SHR

It’s way back in the thread and my phones camera isn’t great but this may help. I agree with others, it is fully useable in the entire power range and on lower powers it’s just a nice duplex. 5-6x is about where the graduations become usable for me.

Post in thread 'Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/maven-rs1-2-2-5-15x44-new-model.333202/post-3364813
I saw your pictures but I wasn't sure if the graduations on the reticle were visible at 6x or not. The pics were a wee bit fuzzy. ;)

I would love to see some pictures taken in natural surroundings. Several scopes that I have bought based on pictures with a nice clean wall on the background and overhead lighting didn't hold up so well when looking for a squirrel in a shadowed tree or looking into a tree line at a deer from across a field.

But I know it is damn near impossible to get a camera to focus on the reticle and not everything else like my eye would.

If people are able to see and use the reticle/graduations at 6x while hunting, that is what I am most interested in.

I am looking forward to seeing the review. I am starting to get excited about this. :)

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Well... I've been enjoying this scope so much on my Tikka .260 that I just ordered one for my Tikka .223 compact. This rifle is currently torn down waiting for Rokstock delivery. Maven will go in UM Tikka low rings same as my .260.

My .223 rides around in whatever vehicle I'm in, right next to the .260. The "twins" will see a lot of continued use all year. I'll keep this thread updated with field use reports every now and again.

Heading out tomorrow to shoot all day with the .260 again. Should be a good day. Still no issues reported and zero retention has been impressive.

atmat

WKR
Well... I've been enjoying this scope so much on my Tikka .260 that I just ordered one for my Tikka .223 compact. This rifle is currently torn down waiting for Rokstock delivery. Maven will go in UM Tikka low rings same as my .260.

My .223 rides around in whatever vehicle I'm in, right next to the .260. The "twins" will see a lot of continued use all year. I'll keep this thread updated with field use reports every now and again.

Heading out tomorrow to shoot all day with the .260 again. Should be a good day. Still no issues reported and zero retention has been impressive.
My twins will be a Tikka 223 and 6creed, both in same stock/rings/scope. And both will go everywhere too.

It looks like that makes you and I almost twinsies too.

Dobermann

WKR
My twins will be a Tikka 223 and 6creed, both in same stock/rings/scope. And both will go everywhere too.

It looks like that makes you and I almost twinsies too.
I'll be 223 and 6.5 Creed (but likely only because I'm too deep in that to want to move to the 6 Creed!).

Guessing there'll be a lot of us here with similar pairs.

Trying to resist the urge to start a 'Show us your NEW Rokslide Special' thread so people can post Rokstock + RS1.2 photos ... :)

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I'll be 223 and 6.5 Creed (but likely only because I'm too deep in that to want to move to the 6 Creed!).

Guessing there'll be a lot of us here with similar pairs.

Trying to resist the urge to start a 'Show us your NEW Rokslide Special' thread so people can post Rokstock + RS1.2 photos ... :)
We're going to be a pretty uniform group. Lol
I'll have three tikkas wearing this new maven and 2 in a rokstock. 223 in a krg bravo, 22 creedmoor and 6.5PRC in rokstocks.

Sounds like there should be more black with Mil reticle by the end of next week.

We're going to be a pretty uniform group. Lol
I'll have three tikkas wearing this new maven and 2 in a rokstock. 223 in a krg bravo, 22 creedmoor and 6.5PRC in rokstocks.

Sounds like there should be more black with Mil reticle by the end of next week.
Yep don’t leave your rifle against a tree or some Rokslider Will think it theirs! I’ll have a 25 creed, 22 creed, and 223 in the maven/rokstock setup 😂

Dobermann

WKR
You all will have to use different color electrical tape just to tell which rifle is whose.
View attachment 657353
No fair changing the tape on your buddy's rifle in the field.
Well ... Form already couldn't leave well enough alone for his stock:

img_5727-jpeg.657346

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
You all will have to use different color electrical tape just to tell which rifle is whose.
View attachment 657353
No fair changing the tape on your buddy's rifle in the field.
I always used a flashy fingernail polish painted on my climbing gear instead of the classic tape. So I guess basically the same as folks here- just choose your own wild fingernail polish color for thread locker and that’ll be the distinction!