Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

The entire length of the tube including the turret.
The total 30mm tube length is roughly 6 5/16” according to my field tape. I’m out in the field with it mounted right now. Somebody else who has one unmounted at home could probably answer but this should be really close.

The total 30mm tube length is roughly 6 5/16” according to my field tape. I’m out in the field with it mounted right now. Somebody else who has one unmounted at home could probably answer but this should be really close.
Thank you! It’s got plenty of room for mounting in Hawkins Precision long range hybrids on a long action.

RS1.2 as advertised. Apparently you would be supprised at how many "high quality" scopes don't receive scores like this.
View attachment 645968
Good to see those guys are still in business. I took a Zeiss scope to them a little over 10 years ago to do that exact thing. At the time I had no idea what the outcome meant. Also good to know that Maven received that outcome from those guys.

Even if the scope ultimately fails (reference the Meopta optika test) hopefully we’ve shown a manufacturer that a dependable optic w a usable reticle is viable. I personally gave them a call asking about a restock, they seemed pleased w the interest.

Even if the scope ultimately fails (reference the Meopta optika test) hopefully we’ve shown a manufacturer that a dependable optic w a usable reticle is viable. I personally gave them a call asking about a restock, they seemed pleased w the interest.
The Meopta Optika never went through the full test like this scope did.

I was thinking the Meopta passed the initial drop test, but pooped out after 2500 rounds or so.

No. It went through a partial drop portion because I needed it for use in a couple of days. It did develop issues with zero retention and with drops after 3,500’ish rounds of I recall correctly. Before that it was pretty solid. I am not aware of any others that lasted that long in use.

I haven’t read through this entire thread, but I’m glad someone finally put something that looks promising in this FFP crossover space. The reticle looks usable but to me I don’t love it. I’d much prefer the G2H that Bushnell had. Hopefully other mfgs will pay attention and it’ll drive more competition in this particular market. I hope this scope does makes a splash and gets everyone’s attention though.

No. It went through a partial drop portion because I needed it for use in a couple of days. It did develop issues with zero retention and with drops after 3,500’ish rounds of I recall correctly. Before that it was pretty solid. I am not aware of any others that lasted that long in use.

What's the typical round count most scopes make it to before developing zero retention issues if they pass your drop test?

What's the typical round count most scopes make it to before developing zero retention issues if they pass your drop test?

The only scope that went through the Eval and didn’t lose zero on the drop portion (but did have others issues) is the Vortex Gen III 3-36x. Otherwise, I haven’t seen scopes that make it through the full Eval have issues at certain round counts.

What?

Score high is great - they built my Tikka 7PRC and did a bunch of other work on my rifles for chopping, threading, etc. Even got my Bergarbage to shoot MOA!

Little inside, I know.

There's a member on another forum who often posts scope score sheets from that same gunsmith. I was curious if he is one and the same as "The Loon".

Back