Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

amassi

WKR
Because its reliability is known, or another reason?

It’s reliable and proven to an extent that this maven is a decade away from. The atacr is a very well known commodity
The small 4-16x42 is really hard to kill.
The Maven on paper is superior in most other areas
Reticle, weight, ring size etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR

WKR
Plus the compact and locking turret of the atacr is a huge advantage to me. I wish leupold wasn't such a piece of crap and didn't "lock" everyone out from using that turret design.

But comparing this $1200 maven to a $2500 nf doesn't make a ton of sense does it.

amassi

WKR
Fwiw- I shot 180 ish rounds with the maven yestrrday It is a fabulous optic. Checks every box

I did a version of the drop test but the ground was so soft I dont feel like it was apples-apples. It was so soft it wasn’t bouncing but just a very dull thud
The 3x36 drops on the illumination broke the illumination but the bullets went where they were supposed to. It rode 50 ish miles in a sxs and 120 in the bed of my truck (decked drawer) on forest roads/ blm desert roads. Maintained zero
Also on the drop test it got a few drops closer to 40” since my buddy is significantly taller than me and a poor judge of height

Will do another drop test on harder ground next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz as

WKR

WKR
Cheek weld is 1mm higher and is indiscernible

I agree, cheek weld is a non starter. Especially with the amount of rings available and adjustability of stocks.

amassi

WKR
Plus the compact and locking turret of the atacr is a huge advantage to me. I wish leupold wasn't such a piece of crap and didn't "lock" everyone out from using that turret design.

But comparing this $1200 maven to a $2500 nf doesn't make a ton of sense does it.

Locking turrets are nice but I haven’t had the unlocked turrets on nxs or ten miles move. The maven is low enough I don’t think it would be an issue

amassi

WKR
Broke the cap off, or it no longer illuminates?

Good catch
No longer illuminates
One of my guys at work is going to try and troubleshoot it. Looks like a solder busted

Marshfly

WKR
Probably, but only if folks buy this model. I think there's a lot better ways to cut 7oz.

Why not do both and cut almost a pound?

I wouldn’t move from the Trijicon to this simply because that scope is already more weight than I want.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Why not do both and cut almost a pound?

I wouldn’t move from the Trijicon to this simply because that scope is already more weight than I want.

Not everyone wants a super light rifle. I want my gun to finish between 9-10 pounds with scope Atlas bipod and bullets