Mathews Lift Limb issues?

About halfway through the last 3D shoot this past weekend I noticed my Lift's interior limbs started to look a little grey as opposed to the flat black the other ones are. Think stretched rubber band color. I didn't know if it was paint or just finish wearing off- the bow might have 300-400 arrows through it.

A friend said a dealer at a local store mentioned Lift limbs are having issues and are blowing up? Anyone heard this? Warranty would kick in I assume.
Interested to see what happened here. Did yo ever find out what the issue was ?
About halfway through the last 3D shoot this past weekend I noticed my Lift's interior limbs started to look a little grey as opposed to the flat black the other ones are. Think stretched rubber band color. I didn't know if it was paint or just finish wearing off- the bow might have 300-400 arrows through it.

A friend said a dealer at a local store mentioned Lift limbs are having issues and are blowing up? Anyone heard this? Warranty would kick in I assume.

Ordered a Lift 33 in January. Received the bow June 22 if I remember correctly. Today, I found one of the top limbs has the same looking crack all the others have.

I’ll take it in. Mathews will send new limbs but there is no way you can have any confidence it won’t happen again. Lots of stories of repeated failures.

I had a Halon 32-7 and two Traverses, Traversi? Anyways, I sold the 32 and one of the Traverse. Real happy I didn’t get rid of the other.

Kularrow

WKR
Mathews should just offer an option with solid limbs. Seems like a simple solution.

That would best. A solid limb. Guy at the shop told me the replacement limbs are improved. I asked how? He couldn’t explain. Said maybe the materials. If that were true it would be in one of the numerous internet threads on this issue. Don’t think anything has changed but we’ll see.

That would best. A solid limb. Guy at the shop told me the replacement limbs are improved. I asked how? He couldn’t explain. Said maybe the materials. If that were true it would be in one of the numerous internet threads on this issue. Don’t think anything has changed but we’ll see.

I have heard same thing now. No word on what has changed, but a change was made. Coming from a sales rep.

So could be BS, but I suspect something.

I emailed Mathews today. I had two questions. One was, will there be a 75% let off mid for the new cams.? Answer, no.

I then gave them my Lift experience and asked if there was a permanent, reliable fix to the issue. Answer was, “sorry for the inconvenience. We stand behind the product. We will take care of it as fast as possible once we hear from your dealer.” No mention of a real fix to the problem.

Kularrow

WKR
I emailed Mathews today. I had two questions. One was, will there be a 75% let off mid for the new cams.? Answer, no.

I then gave them my Lift experience and asked if there was a permanent, reliable fix to the issue. Answer was, “sorry for the inconvenience. We stand behind the product. We will take care of it as fast as possible once we hear from your dealer.” No mention of a real fix to the problem.
Supposedly it’s a material source issue per Podium Archer MFJJ.

someone posted on fbook that Mathews has said they are aware of a bad batch of limbs. so, take it for what it's worth. I am by no means a Mathews fanboy. but, one thing Mathews has always done that no other manufacturer does is maintain parts for their old bows. i don't like seeing this issue. however, Mathews will make it right.

gabenzeke

WKR
people watching youtube. Cam and Joe Rogan.
I shoot 80 pounds, but not because of cam or Rogan. I really wanted a bowtech air raid a long time ago because it came in 75 pound draw, but couldn't afford it. I just like it because I can shoot a slightly heavier arrow without losing anything in trajectory and keeping a reasonable draw cycle and not having to go to some awful draw speed bow.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I shoot 80 pounds, but not because of cam or Rogan. I really wanted a bowtech air raid a long time ago because it came in 75 pound draw, but couldn't afford it. I just like it because I can shoot a slightly heavier arrow without losing anything in trajectory and keeping a reasonable draw cycle and not having to go to some awful draw speed bow.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I'm not saying everyone. But, there's no doubt in my mind that one of biggest contributing factors in the rise of 80 pound bows is the social media crowd.

Mathews has said they don't want customers to pay labor charges on the limb replacement, they are making it up to the dealers. So at this point, I'd say don't let a dealer charge you for the limb warranty on a lift.

Dsbrock

FNG
I’ve had 4 limbs crack on me so far since owning the Mathews lift. The first time it happened early July with a couple hundred shots on it, my dealer contacted Mathews and they sent a bottom set of limbs to replace bottoms. Get that back then before the weekend a top limb cracked. Same thing my dealer contacted Mathews and they sent both upper sets of limb. Here’s where it gets worse that same weekend I get it back with all new limbs on another bottom cracks, by this point I’m over that bow so he lets me trade for a brand new one. Fast forward over a month with the new bow no problems and several hundreds of shots later last weekend a top limb cracks on it. Still waiting on the new limbs to come in now and they say it’s supposed to be the new fixed limbs and they are sending all new limbs for the bow so we shall see. Before everyone’s starts ranting and telling me I’m shooting to much weight or to light of an arrow i will tell you my set up, lift 29.5 with gas strings, 29 inch draw, 65# mod 85% let off shooting a 441-444 grain rip tko. But I will say Mathews warranty like everyone has been talking about is great no questions asked my dealer calls and they send within the week. I’m still trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since they’ve addressed the limb issue and gonna try these new limbs and hope for the best but it is getting harder to have confidence in my experience with all the issues I’ve seen personally, but hopefully I’m just that odd ball anomaly lol. I will go ahead and drop images of three of my cracks, only reason I don’t have the first one is because when it happened I took it straight to the dealer that day but since then I have took pictures of each one.IMG_5667.pngIMG_5512.jpegIMG_5666.jpeg

I check my limbs every 10 shots or so. I don’t have the confidence Mathews made a fix. These limbs are simply too thin and fragile.

I also believe, due to the excessive cam lean these bows can have that the early claims of bow press malfeasance have some merit. If you don’t have the adjustable fingers for your press or you are not paying attention, a set of limbs on each end is getting press back farther than the others and it’s causing fractures.