Mathews Lift Limb issues?

AlphaK9

FNG
About halfway through the last 3D shoot this past weekend I noticed my Lift's interior limbs started to look a little grey as opposed to the flat black the other ones are. Think stretched rubber band color. I didn't know if it was paint or just finish wearing off- the bow might have 300-400 arrows through it.

A friend said a dealer at a local store mentioned Lift limbs are having issues and are blowing up? Anyone heard this? Warranty would kick in I assume.

Ho5tile1

WKR
I’ve read about a few with that issue most of them at 80 pounds not all though. I will say as many as they have sold it’s a very small amount plus Mathews has one of the best warranties in the game. They will take care of it pretty fast. I have 2 buddies that shoot the lift 29 at 80 pounds with a few thousand arrows through them and they have zero issues. I set the bows up for them and I’m about to get one myself, well I’m on the fence about getting the lift or just wait and see what they do in November since I’ve waited this long already. Had to save up the money doing side jobs.. good luck with your bow I think it’s just one of those things limbs crack on all brands..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AlphaK9

AlphaK9

FNG
Yeah mine is a Lift 33 with 80 lb limbs.... it scales around 83#. I will take it in. The local shop is real good about that.

I had to warranty limbs on my Lift. After about 200 shots, I noticed cracks starting to form on both the top and bottom. 80# limbs with a 31.5” draw.

The shop I bought the bow from said they have only sold around 6 of these bows with 80# limbs and half of them have come back with the same issue.

Last edited:
OP
AlphaK9

AlphaK9

FNG
Good to know. I draw 29.5. Strange that the weight "originates" from the mods... since i could drop lower weight mods in and maybe problem solved. Somewhere in the engineering maybe, regardless I am betting they will handle it.

Marshfly

WKR
Every archery group I am in has turned into a Lift limb crack group it seems like. This never was an issue before this. Let’s say they sold twice as many Lifts as V3X and Phase 4s. There are so many more reports of this it isn’t even funny.

I want to replace my V3X just to get something new. But zero chance it will be a Lift. I’ll wait or go elsewhere. And my family has 3 late model Mathews shooters. We like them a lot.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Although I think it’s just more of them in the wild then there other bows of late but I have read more stuff about these limbs then any other Mathews might be something to this. The only reason I’ve not got the lift yet is the limb stuff I’ve read and am interested to see if they stay with the 8 limbs in November..

Ho5tile1

WKR
Funny thing is I have the vertix the VXR 28 the V3 31 and the V3X 29 all with 75 pound mods all with JBK bowstrings made a tiny bit short so I don’t have to put as many twists in the cables to get to 82 pounds been shooting them like that since the day I got them with thousands of arrows through them all not a 1 of them have ever had a limb issue nock on wood. They were not even ment for 80 plus pounds but have been going strong since they left the bow shop…

Johnboy

WKR
My cousin's son picked up a new Lift with 80# limbs that cracked after a few hundred shots. He swears he never once dry-fired it. He loves the thing... except for those broken limbs. lol

Ho5tile1

WKR
My cousin's son picked up a new Lift with 80# limbs that cracked after a few hundred shots. He swears he never once dry-fired it. He loves the thing... except for those broken limbs. lol

Yea I can understand that not much loving on busted limbs lol

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Lift 33 last December. When I got it mods weren't available so it came with 70# at 29.5" 85%. I shoot daily so by May had a few thousand arrows through it. End of May I finally bought the mods I wanted which were 75# 80% let off. Within 300 shots I had my upper limb closer to the shooter crack. Obviously a huge disappointment. That being said Mathews customer service and warranty were quick and easy. After submitting the claim through my local dealer they sent two new top limbs and I got them in about 10 days. Ive since got probably another few hundred arrows through there and fingers crossed no issues. Hoping it was just a fluke but I do find myself now checking the limbs throughout each session.

I just got a Lift 33 and have about 150 arrows through it and havent seen anything yet. I know Hoyt does like a 10,000 shot test on every bow before it leaves the factory, i assume Mathews does something similar. Also like a few others have said, it seems to be commonly an issue after the 80# mod. So does Mathews run long tests with the heavier mods? Or is it a flaw in the new 8 limb design. Kindve has me worried now that I’ve invested in the bow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I shot my PSE with 70lb limbs at 32.5" draw for three years and probably 30k arrows without issue. But after putting 80lb limbs on it, I've gone through 5 sets of limbs since then and they don't have anymore limbs of any weight for the bow now. 80's seem to be a bigger problem all the way around.

• Wow
Reactions: Zac

vmals

FNG
There is a crazy amount of lifts with splintering limbs on the mathews facebook page there is definitely a widespread issue. Ive had mine since nov 30th and been shooting it a ton with no problems and brushed off the early reports as user error or isolated issues but seems like there is a new one every day on FB. I would be wary to bring my lift 33 on an out of state hunt.

gabenzeke

WKR
Well this sucks. My last bow was a bowtech that blew up. Went with a new lift since everybody seems to like Mathews and I had never heard of any quality issues. Got an 80 pound 29 inch draw lift 33. We shall see I guess...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

wyodog

Lil-Rokslider
I am curious how many of the limbs that failed were put in a pres without the proper fingers and rod extension. I have heard that a lot of pro shops and DIYers are using the standard fingers on their LCA presses.

Ho5tile1

WKR
I am curious how many of the limbs that failed were put in a pres without the proper fingers and rod extension. I have heard that a lot of pro shops and DIYers are using the standard fingers on their LCA presses.

That’s a good question I have the new fingers on my press but the old fingers would work fine imo. I dont use them on the lift as the bows where not mine and I didn’t wanna take that chance and be on the hook for my friends bows. Does make me wonder though…

Have a buddy that just had his first Lift come in with limb splinters. I know he has all the correct press attachments.

It's hard to tell if bow was pressed anywhere else. I think he has probably sold around 75 of them so far, first one he has seen. It was an 80# mod on the bow.