Lightweight Suppressor Comparison and Poll

For Backcountry hunting, which suppressor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ID_Matt

WKR
Mack Bros has the new can called the Zenith that has peaked my interest. Similar specs to the Scythe and hub threads. Believe the end cap is welded. I know Mack bros has a top level machine shop and makes good actions, interested to see how the suppressor stacks up.

Mack Bros has the new can called the Zenith that has peaked my interest. Similar specs to the Scythe and hub threads. Believe the end cap is welded. I know Mack bros has a top level machine shop and makes good actions, interested to see how the suppressor stacks up.
I just might have to try out this zenith.. signing up to be a dealer now

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Looking at your list if you want THE lightest functional suppressor it’s going to be hard to beat the Gunwerks 6ix +. I have a hard time believing the Alaskan 360 Ti will be quieter than the Gunwerks suppressor. The backcountry seems rather loud to me. But I had nothing to compare it to when I was around it. The cleaner winner is the consumer. I would hunt with all four of the suppressor’s I tested. In fact I will hunt with the Gunwerks a lot because of its weight a couple ounces is a couple ounces.

c5a02aa96ebe48118a2d6e26a0c0e5ea.jpg

The ultra 5 is 8.4oz the Gunwerks 6ix+ is 8.8 oz. Can you guess which is hearing safe for most rifles???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know that’s an old post but any particular reason to go with the ti 6+ over the standard ti 6? Their website doesn’t really explain what the difference is, other than specs.

A-A-Ron

FNG
Going back to way earlier posts, I bought both the dead air nomad Ti and Cgs Hyperion K at the same time. The entire buying process sucks for actually KNOWING what you really want. In the end with the way I had to mount it using an adapter on my thin barrel, the nomad Ti came in very close in actual weight to listed weight. Had less poi shift (most likely because a lot less weight than Hyperion K) and to my ears had superior suppression to the Hyperion K. The Hyperion K once it was ready to be mounted to my rifle came in a lot heavier than listed weight, so much so it would never have made my consideration having known this. The main reason, in my situation, I needed an adapter on my adapter to match the stupid thread setup they have, or at least their recommendation was I use an adapter for their threads, so I did. I can only say that the Hyperion K looks to be a very tough made suppressor and rated to larger cartridges than the nomad Ti. But in my situation of lightweight hunting suppressor, the Hyperion K is a fail in every category I place value on, and honestly I have 0 complaints on the nomad Ti and love it. Sure wished I had 2 nomad Ti instead of the Hyperion K. Just offering up some insight as a consumer and my experience.
Good to know! I have been reading through several threads looking for direct feedback to help narrow things down and this is helpful!