Leupold VX5HD vs. Zeiss V4 vs. Trijicon Credo HX

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
Let me know when you get a chance to evaluate the glass
initial impression is good clean picture but only experience with it is creepily looking at neighbors houses and across sportsman warehouse. Ill let you know how it is when I get it mounted but might be a couple weeks its been pretty chilly out.

BjornF16

WKR
I'm got two Trijicons: Credo HX 2.5-15x42 SFP and Credo 2-10x36 FFP

Of the two, my favorite is the 2-10 FFP. They are roughly the same weight.

The good news is that a TenMile has passed Form's drop eval and is moving on to shot durability. Hopefully there will be a Credo in the drop evals soon.

I've had two Conquests...won't have another. I've had several Leupolds...won't have another. ymmv

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
Eurooptic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how much you got it for but I just ordered mine from swfa and they were pretty awesome and price matched this website. It’s in stock and matches the same part number.

BjornF16

WKR
Quad, looks like you got a good price. That is slightly less than I paid for mine.

SWFA is just done the road from me...I've bought several scopes from them

schmalzy

WKR
Not sure how much you got it for but I just ordered mine from swfa and they were pretty awesome and price matched this website. It’s in stock and matches the same part number.

Wow smokin deal! I think I was at 842 or something like that with free shipping. I bought some other things too.

Haven’t it got it in yet but from what I read it should be a strong performing for price paid.

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
Wow smokin deal! I think I was at 842 or something like that with free shipping. I bought some other things too.

Haven’t it got it in yet but from what I read it should be a strong performing for price paid.

I only went with SWFA because they had the scope in stock at the time. I was originally going to order from eurooptic but it went OOS the day I was going to order and was told 8-12 weeks for restock, it then came back in stock two days later and a day after I ordered from SWFA....

SWFA was easy to work with and had good pricing on their stuff and didn't give me any push back, good people.

I've not yet cracked the Trijicon code for product names. Are there varying degrees of Glass across the Credo and Tenmile product lines?

And the HX differs how?

BjornF16

WKR
I've not yet cracked the Trijicon code for product names. Are there varying degrees of Glass across the Credo and Tenmile product lines?

And the HX differs how?
The HX, I believe, is marketed to hunters whom they presume use MOA or Plex reticles.

The non-HX, I believe, are marketed more towards military/police/hunters who use MILS.

Of course, that is really a broad generality.

The Credo line looks to be for short/medium range shooters. The Tenmile line looks to be more for long range shooters.

I think the glass between the Credo and Tenmile lines are the same. You could inquire directly to Trijicon.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone else running a Creedo or Tenmile??
I’ve had a credo 2.5-15x42 for a few weeks now. Only thing I have to compare to is the zeiss v4 4-16x44 (which I’m trying to sell) and I’m no glass snob but I do like the credo more. I really like the center dot reticle, but have only shot it at 100 yards so far.

SDHNTR

WKR

And the HX differs how?
I wonder this too. They do a lousy job of marketing.

I’ve had a credo 2.5-15x42 for a few weeks now. Only thing I have to compare to is the zeiss v4 4-16x44 (which I’m trying to sell) and I’m no glass snob but I do like the credo more. I really like the center dot reticle, but have only shot it at 100 yards so far.
Thanks that's helpful
I had a v4 and hated how poor the clarity was in low light, have you compared the credo to your v4 in those conditions?

prm

WKR
I have a Credo 2.5-15x42 (SFP) and a Credo 2-10x36 (FFP). I like them both, a lot. I think the eyebox and focus is a bit more friendly on the 2.5-15. I cannot compare to the others you mentioned.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks that's helpful
I had a v4 and hated how poor the clarity was in low light, have you compared the credo to your v4 in those conditions?
I have not looked through them both sxs during low light to compare. I will see if I can get to that one of these nights, I did however look through the credo one night after sunset and could still see well enough I’d be able to shoot a deer if conditions were right. Shooting a 1” dot at 100 yards however wouldn’t have been doable for me.

schmalzy

WKR
Messy workbench but got the credo mounted to a 30-06 Montana. Very pleased just messing around with it, shouldering, etc. Plan is to shoot on Thursday.
89ee567f37069a81a0abd2d96ecdc31a.jpg

OP
C
Messy workbench but got the credo mounted to a 30-06 Montana. Very pleased just messing around with it, shouldering, etc. Plan is to shoot on Thursday.
89ee567f37069a81a0abd2d96ecdc31a.jpg

Did you get out and shoot it? How do you like it?