Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

7 mil? Not .7 mil?

If it’s 7 full Mils you’re getting baffle strikes and your stuff is broken. If it’s .7 mil, that’s par the course. You will have a POI difference between suppressed and unsuppressed with any barrel, even a Proof.

It is a full 7 mils. I checked the can and no baffle strikes, which was my original though. Nothing is broken. The odd thing is the groups open up which is a first for using a can. The suppressor brake was installed with the Surefire shim kit, so if it’s off axis, it’s due to the threads not being concentric. I have taken the rifle apart, inspected it and reinstalled everything by torquing it to spec.

When I put the can on a different rifle, it shows a slight poi shift as mentioned, but still accurate. I just was wondering if someone else has a fix for it before I rebarrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a full 7 mils. I checked the can and no baffle strikes, which was my original though. Nothing is broken. The odd thing is the groups open up which is a first for using a can. The suppressor brake was installed with the Surefire shim kit, so if it’s off axis, it’s due to the threads not being concentric. I have taken the rifle apart, inspected it and reinstalled everything by torquing it to spec.

When I put the can on a different rifle, it shows a slight poi shift as mentioned, but still accurate. I just was wondering if someone else has a fix for it before I rebarrel.

What is your setup? Are you using a three pound can? Is the barrel free floated generously? You have a serious issue. A 25” shift at 100 yards from a can does not happen.

I'm new to Tikka, just picked up a Superlite in .308 and setting it up. Got the barrel threaded and a nice brake ordered for it, Leupy VX6HD scope mounted on it with a limb saver. What's the benefit of the metal bottom plate? Is it worth the money? Can't wait to go shoot the new toy and sight her in. Thanks in advance.

I'm new to Tikka, just picked up a Superlite in .308 and setting it up. Got the barrel threaded and a nice brake ordered for it, Leupy VX6HD scope mounted on it with a limb saver. What's the benefit of the metal bottom plate? Is it worth the money? Can't wait to go shoot the new toy and sight her in. Thanks in advance.
Is only worth it if the plastic gives your problems or you don't like plastic on your guns. I bought the mt tactical bottom metal and mags, and ended up selling the mags. For hunting, metal mags on metal bottom metal is noise so ide say go one or the other, not both.

That being said, I do like the bottom metal with more room for gloved fingers, but it does add weight over the plastic.

Is only worth it if the plastic gives your problems or you don't like plastic on your guns. I bought the mt tactical bottom metal and mags, and ended up selling the mags. For hunting, metal mags on metal bottom metal is noise so ide say go one or the other, not both.

That being said, I do like the bottom metal with more room for gloved fingers, but it does add weight over the plastic.
Perfect, thanks. Doubt I'll be getting the bottom metal. Can always add it down the road

What is your setup? Are you using a three pound can? Is the barrel free floated generously? You have a serious issue. A 25” shift at 100 yards from a can does not happen.

Rifle is the T3X Veil in 308. Can is Crux Nemesis that is 6” and 10 oz. It’s the factory 22.4” barrel in a manners stock that has a channel for a proof sendero light. Everything is spec’d correctly. It’s been double and triple checked. There is a ton of space left in the channel.

Rifle is the T3X Veil in 308. Can is Crux Nemesis that is 6” and 10 oz. It’s the factory 22.4” barrel in a manners stock that has a channel for a proof sendero light. Everything is spec’d correctly. It’s been double and triple checked. There is a ton of space left in the channel.

There is a mechanical issue somewhere. If it is a consistent 7 mil (25 moa) shift, somethings wrong. I have seen hundreds of suppressed rifles and the most I have ever seen isn’t even 2 mils and that was with a stupid terrible can. I have 4-5 Veils and with most cans it’s between a .4 mil and .6 mil shift.

Then and now... 7Mag. AG Composites Privateer, Proof barrel, CTR bolt, Mountain tactical bottom/mag. Miss the stock configuration from time to time, but the threaded barrel has been nice for running a suppressor and making the 7mag a real pleasant caliber to shoot.
View attachment 378852View attachment 378854
How do you like the pioneer? Anything you don’t like about it? About to order one for my 270win. Thanks

How do you like the pioneer? Anything you don’t like about it? About to order one for my 270win. Thanks
I do like it for more of a sporter style hunting rig. AG said I wouldn't need to bed it, but I did not find that to be true. I was already planning on bedding, but it was a MUST. the recoil lug had about 1/8 in play in either direction in the channel they cut.

The magazine bottom metal will be "proud" and not sit flush with the bottom of the stock. I knew this going in and it does not bother me. The butt stock portion had some spikey points that if you depressed the buttpad, you could feel. Assuming it was glue because I was able to snap them loose, but now the stock rattles a little. I told AG about this and they offered to fix it if I wanted to send it back.

Last time I spoke with them (~6 mo ago) they said their privateer inlet was g2g, but they had seen some issues with their tikka inlet on the alpine hunter and were making tweaks to improve it.

I do like it for more of a sporter style hunting rig. AG said I wouldn't need to bed it, but I did not find that to be true. I was already planning on bedding, but it was a MUST. the recoil lug had about 1/8 in play in either direction in the channel they cut.

The magazine bottom metal will be "proud" and not sit flush with the bottom of the stock. I knew this going in and it does not bother me. The butt stock portion had some spikey points that if you depressed the buttpad, you could feel. Assuming it was glue because I was able to snap them loose, but now the stock rattles a little. I told AG about this and they offered to fix it if I wanted to send it back.

Last time I spoke with them (~6 mo ago) they said their privateer inlet was g2g, but they had seen some issues with their tikka inlet on the alpine hunter and were making tweaks to improve it.
So your bottom metal doesn’t sit flush? How far does it stick out? Is that common with these stocks?

So your bottom metal doesn’t sit flush? How far does it stick out? Is that common with these stocks?
Here are some photos. This is with the Mountain Tactical bottom metal, but I believe it's the same with the factory plastic ircc.

As far as if it's common or not, I have a sample size of one. When I ordered it over the phone, they let me know this is how it would be. You may call them and ask. They said "the bottom metal will sit proud" and it does.

It doesn't matter to me because the mags still function 100%, and the tikka mags stick out a little anyways. To me it would be more of an issue if it was a hinged floorplate and top loading.

Attachments

• IMG_5991.jpg
    IMG_5991.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5992.jpg
    IMG_5992.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5993.jpg
    IMG_5993.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 167
Here are some photos. This is with the Mountain Tactical bottom metal, but I believe it's the same with the factory plastic ircc.

As far as if it's common or not, I have a sample size of one. When I ordered it over the phone, they let me know this is how it would be. You may call them and ask. They said "the bottom metal will sit proud" and it does.

It doesn't matter to me because the mags still function 100%, and the tikka mags stick out a little anyways. To me it would be more of an issue if it was a hinged floorplate and top loading.
Thank you! That’s not too bad at all. I’ve got the same MT tactical bottom metal.

I have a Privateer ordered. I hope my Mountain Tactical Bottom Metal fits better than that. I have a Manners EH1 with the same bottom metal and it’s flush.

Which McMillan stock was this and how long was your wait time for it? im considering ordering a Carbon Six 20" barrel as well. How do you like that?
It’s the Game Hunter. Wait was about 3 months but it was about 2 years ago. I’m a huge fan of Carbon Six. I like that they will still cater to people and make 9mm, or .45 blanks for the folks in the east who hunt straight wall cartridge states like myself.

Back