Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

BAKPAKR

WKR
Hmm. I was thinking about a MT magazine and a bolt stop swap if I could find a lefty 300 WSM. I hope your issue is an easy fix.

20220324_102822.jpg
20220324_103054.jpg
Almost finished and on to the next tikka build 🤟
Tikka CTR
Proof research prefit 6.5 creedmoor
Leupold 7-35x56
Delta point pro
Mesa Precision arms "Altitude" stock
Area419 Hellfire match brake, front pic rail and 20moa base
Timney trigger
Flatline ops patriot plus
Final weight = 10lbs 2oz

Last edited:

archp625

WKR
View attachment 395112
View attachment 395113
Almost finished and on to the next tikka build 🤟
Tikka CTR
Proof research prefit 6.5 creedmoor
Leupold 7-35x56
Delta point pro
Mesa Precision arms "Altitude" stock
Area419 Hellfire match brake, front pic rail and 20moa base
Timney trigger
Flatline ops patriot plus
Final weight = 10lbs 2oz
Nice rifle. How does she shoot?

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
Placed an order for a black xlr element from JA yesterday. Excited to try it out.

I ordered an atlas v8 from area 419 with their arca attachment aswell. My understanding is it should screw right to my element 4 right?

2UP

WKR
@2UP

Just checked my mini chassis with MT bottom metal, and MT short action gen 2 mag. Fits just like my 223 mag, smooth in and out and locks up tight
Glad yours works. I have 3 of the same stocks, same set up, Proof Sendero and mini chassis. Everyone has had to go back more than once . I just noticed the magazines when I finally got to put a barreled action in. They’re not even close to usable. I have to send my newest stock I got Friday right back because the Barrels not free floating. They said they inlet them for factory bottom metal, not aftermarket, which I understand, but something’s not right. They’ve been helpful and keep sending me return labels, but this is frustrating.

2UP

WKR
And now of course I managed to lose the Bolt Stop pin when I was packing up the BA to send with my stock. Anyone just tried to find a pin at a hardware store that worked?

Lawnboi

WKR
Glad yours works. I have 3 of the same stocks, same set up, Proof Sendero and mini chassis. Everyone has had to go back more than once . I just noticed the magazines when I finally got to put a barreled action in. They’re not even close to usable. I have to send my newest stock I got Friday right back because the Barrels not free floating. They said they inlet them for factory bottom metal, not aftermarket, which I understand, but something’s not right. They’ve been helpful and keep sending me return labels, but this is frustrating.
That’s some bad luck.

And now of course I managed to lose the Bolt Stop pin when I was packing up the BA to send with my stock. Anyone just tried to find a pin at a hardware store that worked?
You can use a section of the shank of a drill bit. Find the right diameter and cut off the fluted portion.

ChrisAU

WKR
I think I'm going to dive into this world soon...simple as buying a T3x (lets say 6.5 Creedmoor) and swapping on a pre-fit Proof 6CM barrel if a guy wants a 6CM? Barrel vise and action wrench and voila?

I think I'm going to dive into this world soon...simple as buying a T3x (lets say 6.5 Creedmoor) and swapping on a pre-fit Proof 6CM barrel if a guy wants a 6CM? Barrel vise and action wrench and voila?
Essentially. It can take some elbow grease though. And getting the oem barrel off will require an outside action wrench specifically. You’ll break or at least twist an inside wrench.

Lawnboi

WKR
You would probably be money up to find a Smith that will remove and install but yes.

You will need a stock that also accepts the barrel. It dosnt look like proof is making tikka steel prefits or blanks any longer

Or buy just an action from JAOutdoors, fancy stock, and a proof barrel lol

ChrisAU

WKR
Or buy just an action from JAOutdoors, fancy stock, and a proof barrel lol

That does sound easier, but figure a $600 T3x in 6.5CM and then selling the barrel for a hundred bucks would be an economical solution ha. Idk. Still may just build one off a Defiant or Zermatt action.

Lawnboi

WKR
That does sound easier, but figure a $600 T3x in 6.5CM and then selling the barrel for a hundred bucks would be an economical solution ha. Idk. Still may just build one off a Defiant or Zermatt action.
You have to get the barrel off though. Of the two Iv had them taken off of one came off fine, the other required a relief cut.

You would definitely be money ahead on the tikka build, just not as much as you would think. It’s an awesome action though.