Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Just finished putting together my Fiancee's Tikka in 6.5CM. This was the first 3rd group she shot from it... with factory ammo... in 30 degree weather.
Wow. Nice. Can you share more about the build? I’m enough of a Tikka novice that I don’t recognize anything other than the Spartan bipod and NF scope.

gtriple

WKR
Wow! What stock is that? Also is that a Roughtec Ember action/barrel?
Just a standard superlite action. Superlite barrel with about 2" cut off and threaded. TBAC brake and Ultra 7 can.

MDT HNT26 Chassis - absolutely incredible to shoot. I'll be getting a couple of XLRs in a couple months to compare though.

Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 MIL with NF Ultralight rings.

I've got 2 other builds I'm waiting on parts for. A 22" 6.5PRC and a 16" 308. Both with carbon barrels.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Just a standard superlite action. Superlite barrel with about 2" cut off and threaded. TBAC brake and Ultra 7 can.

MDT HNT26 Chassis - absolutely incredible to shoot. I'll be getting a couple of XLRs in a couple months to compare though.

Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 MIL with NF Ultralight rings.

I've got 2 other builds I'm waiting on parts for. A 22" 6.5PRC and a 16" 308. Both with carbon barrels.
Thanks. Does that mean you already own a 223? 😎

Kronos

FNG
Just finished putting together my Fiancee's Tikka in 6.5CM. This was the first 3rd group she shot from it... with factory ammo... in 30 degree weather.
Did you grab any weights before the optic and suppressor were mounted? I can't decide between the mesa precision sock or the HNT26. The appeal of a folding stock when crawling through brush is strong!

gtriple

WKR
Did you grab any weights before the optic and suppressor were mounted? I can't decide between the mesa precision sock or the HNT26. The appeal of a folding stock when crawling through brush is strong!
Get a chassis. Consider both the XLR and the MDT though. I'm waiting for an XLR to come in.

If you are planning on swapping the chassis between rifles AT ALL, get the XLR. The MDT is not meant to be removed and reinstalled frequently.

If you get an XLR and don't love it, I'll buy it lol.

Last edited:

Antares

WKR
Tikka T3x Lite (Stainless) in .223 Rem
SWFA 6x42mm
Barrel cut to 18" and threaded by Kampfeld Custom
Barrel aggressively free floated
Mountain Tactical bottom metal
Mountain Tactical 10 MOA rail (cut down)
Mountain Tactical trigger spring
Tikka factory oversized bolt knob
Tikka vertical grip
Victor Titan cheek rest w/ 2 spacers
1/2" LOP spacer

IMG_7819.jpg

charliebravo77

Lil-Rokslider
It's a .22, but still a Tikka.

T1x in a KRG Bravo chassis, Vortex Viper HSLR 4-16x44, Area 419 barricade stop, ARCA rail, knockoff Atlas bipod, custom designed 3D printed biathlon style mag caddy.

DMhp1mJ.jpg

pFufAOt.jpg

fbbmr3P.jpg

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
SWFA 6x42mm
Tikka vertical grip
1/2" LOP spacer

View attachment 493233
How do you like that victor cheek rest? I have switched back to the factory stocks and looking for a riser. Tried the stock pack and think I want something more rigid.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
SWFA 6x42mm
Tikka vertical grip
1/2" LOP spacer

View attachment 493233
I might be reaching out about some of your mods. I don't know that I will go all-in, but at least for the cut and threading. And maybe the vertical grip. And maybe....

Drenalin

WKR
SWFA 6x42mm
Tikka vertical grip
1/2" LOP spacer

View attachment 493233
I like your style. Not to be disparaging toward the other builds in this thread, but this is easily my favorite. Simple is sexy.

Antares

WKR
How do you like that victor cheek rest? I have switched back to the factory stocks and looking for a riser. Tried the stock pack and think I want something more rigid.

I like it fine. It is rigid and I prefer that because I like a lot of pressure on my cheek. I've had one on my CZ457 for several years. Upsides are that they're inexpensive and minimalist. Downsides are that you need to drill holes in the stock and they aren't really meant to be adjusted over and over, more of a "set it and forget it" type thing. I'm pretty careful when I do remove and reinstall them because I don't want to strip out the holes in the stock.

264 MHC

FNG
Here's Mine:

IMG_4786.jpg
Started as an OG T3 lite Stainless in 22-250 I picked up for $500 collecting dust and unfired at my local range.

-Bolt Wrought Iron Fluted by LRI
-Mountain Tactical LA bolt stop
-Mountain Tactical Bolt Shroud
-Mountain Tactical 2 Lb. Trigger Spring
-MTN Gear Titanium Bolt handle pictured, but I have since switched to the titanium Lumley with carbon fiber round knob, which I like better.
-Carbon 6 Sendero 21" 1:7.5 Barrel Chambered in 264 MHC (My version of 6.5x55 Improved)
-Area 419 Hellfire Suppressor Adaptor
-Energetic Armament Vox S Suppressor (not pictured)
-T3X Factory Stock purchased from a member here with barrel channel opened up
-T3X Vertical Grip
-Factory Bottom Plastic with 3 and 5 rd 30-06 factory mags
-Area 419 Pic Rail
-Zeiss 30mm Low (.850) Rings
-Zeiss V4 4-16x44 Illuminated ZMOA T30 Reticle, exposed windage and elevation knobs

Weighs 8lbs, 2oz Scoped, add 12oz for suppressor.

Been trying to decide if I want to spend the money on a Carbon stock or just add flush cups and a bipod rail to the factory stock and call it good. I like the weight and feel as is, but I do think carbon stocks feel better overall, and there is not much meat left in the fore-end after opening the barrel channel. Would probably add a proper aluminum bottom metal if I go with a Carbon stock, but I like the factory mags.

Antares

WKR
Here's Mine:

View attachment 493414
Started as an OG T3 lite Stainless in 22-250 I picked up for $500 collecting dust and unfired at my local range.

-MTN Gear Titanium Bolt handle pictured, but I have since switched to the titanium Lumley with carbon fiber round knob, which I like better.
-Carbon 6 Sendero 21" 1:7.5 Barrel Chambered in 264 MHC (My version of 6.5x55 Improved)
-T3X Vertical Grip
-Area 419 Pic Rail
-Zeiss V4 4-16x44 Illuminated ZMOA T30 Reticle, exposed windage and elevation knobs

Been trying to decide if I want to spend the money on a Carbon stock or just add flush cups and a bipod rail to the factory stock and call it good. I like the weight and feel as is, but I do think carbon stocks feel better overall, and there is not much meat left in the fore-end after opening the barrel channel. Would probably add a proper aluminum bottom metal if I go with a Carbon stock, but I like the factory mags.

Very nice!

Can you tell me more about what it was like fitting a sendero into the factory stock? I want to do this too but I wasn't sure how thin the sides would be. Can you please post a pic of the barrel/barrel channel if possible? Those forends are already pretty noodley, I assume this makes it even more so or did you stiffen it up with something? Thanks!

264 MHC

FNG
I just did this a few weeks ago. I just used some heavy duty 80 Grit 3" wide sandpaper meant for a long block. I masked off the barrel and set the barrel action in the stock (wouldn't go all the way down of course) and started sanding up and down the channel with the stock held in a vise. Once I got enough to get a thread or two of the action screws to catch, I sanded until the paper would slide freely down the whole channel and then tighted the screws a quarter turn, then repeat. Did this probably 20 times before the action would seat all the way in where it needed to be, then finished with a grit progression to 400. That thick sandpaper will easily slide all the way through the channel now so plenty of clearance. Rifle shot sub .5 MOA groups the other day after doing this so I think its good. I have not used it with a bipod, only the front rest pictured, but it seems to be stiff enough for what I am doing. I will post some pics when I get home in a few hours.

Dobermann

WKR
Spent the last few days scrolling through and looking at photos and build lists.

My new CTR in 6.5 Creed just got more expensive...

Freaking rabbit holes man
Tell me about it ... I'd almost forgotten this thread existed, and now it's 101 pages! Lucky it's the holiday season; where's my beer?

Eagerly awaiting my Area 419 rail and Minox ZP5 to put on my 6.5 Creed in a Bravo. Tier One Evolution bipod is good in the hand and dryfire so far.

Will post pics once it's all in and mounted ... this is worse than my kids on Christmas Eve!

Here's Mine:

View attachment 493414

-T3X Vertical Grip
-Area 419 Pic Rail

I noticed you haven’t done the Tikka beaver tail fore end mod. I really like it because when I prop my stock up on a rest it is more level vs the slightly rounded fore end.

Attachments

• 08B409CD-A162-41B4-8C73-8DC903618F41.jpeg
    08B409CD-A162-41B4-8C73-8DC903618F41.jpeg
    827.9 KB · Views: 211