Let's see those Stocky's builds!

HGL

FNG
Bighorn Origin, 6.5 CM in a VG2. I got it a few months back and so far I really enjoy shooting with it. I opened up the ejection port, added a bit of paint and it was gtg. I did end up adding some texture to the grip and forend a few weeks ago, as the plain carbon finish is fairly slick.

VG2 6.5 CM.JPG
Grips.JPG

Ice_man

FNG
Bighorn Origin, 6.5 CM in a VG2. I got it a few months back and so far I really enjoy shooting with it. I opened up the ejection port, added a bit of paint and it was gtg. I did end up adding some texture to the grip and forend a few weeks ago, as the plain carbon finish is fairly slick.

View attachment 755729
View attachment 755730
How did you go about adding texture? Mine is suppose to ship in a couple weeks but I've read they can be a little slick from stocky's. I thought about adding any sorta spray or grip texures.

HGL

FNG
How did you go about adding texture? Mine is suppose to ship in a couple weeks but I've read they can be a little slick from stocky's. I thought about adding any sorta spray or grip texures.
I just taped it off and used several layers of the Rustoluem textured spray paint. Went back over it with flat black. It seems pretty robust, I don't expect any problems. Feels great too, big improvement.

Awesome look! How long is that barrel?

That is a 21" barrel. Even though the barrel is short, with the Savage LA, the overall gun is still pretty long. Even longer with a 6.9" can on it. It is an open country gun now. If I want something shorter and lighter, I will take the 338 Sherman Mega or my 7-08AI Tikka. If I want really short, I take one of my Encores (308 and 7-08) with 17" barrels.

OP
well_known_rokslider

well_known_rokslider

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 755729
View attachment 755730
Very nice! And and bonus points awarded!

OP
well_known_rokslider

well_known_rokslider

Lil-Rokslider
That is a 21" barrel. Even though the barrel is short, with the Savage LA, the overall gun is still pretty long. Even longer with a 6.9" can on it. It is an open country gun now. If I want something shorter and lighter, I will take the 338 Sherman Mega or my 7-08AI Tikka. If I want really short, I take one of my Encores (308 and 7-08) with 17" barrels.

That's great info. I have a 22" barrel, planning on suppressing, and I wanted to see if it would look odd in the full length stock. That looks nice!

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s 2 that I have done with Stockys. One is a Rem 700 and the other a Bergara. Very happy with both stocks. Ended up putting the Bergara back to original and selling, so I have to figure out what to put in that gray stock. Will be buying another Stockys to put a Tikka in soon.

IMG_8446.jpegIMG_5652.jpegIMG_5499.jpeg

OP
well_known_rokslider

well_known_rokslider

Lil-Rokslider
Stockys NextGen UltraCarbon accublock for the Howa Superlite. Came in tan with black webbing texture paint, and I added the brown and gray sponge paint. It comes with a mildly rubberized feeling, fairly pleasant. Doesn’t feel hollow sounding. I think the ones that are left mostly as plain carbon fiber have a hollow sensation and are much slicker.

IMG_9591.jpeg
IMG_9582.jpeg

lelliott8

FNG
How are the butt pads for recoil they look awful thin?
My Tikka vertical grip one came with the thin recoil pad. It worked fine but there is a limbsaver that fits almost perfect. I got the number from the stockys thread, I believe it is 10800.

Had to drill new holes I think.

Attachments

• image000000 (21).jpg
    image000000 (21).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

brazz04

FNG
The VG2 for tikkas come with the thin pad, I've looked for an airtech, the 10809 fits but isn't a great fit. Anyone have a better fitting part number for the Tikka VG2?

lelliott8

FNG
The VG2 for tikkas come with the thin pad, I've looked for an airtech, the 10809 fits but isn't a great fit. Anyone have a better fitting part number for the Tikka VG2?
10800 is a little small and 10809 is a little big. Pick your poison.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys, quick question. What is the weight of your Tikka VG2 stocks?

The mesa Altitude I have on my Roughtech weighs 31.5oz. Thinking about swapping it.

Last edited: