Let’s see those BB guns

chasewild

WKR
Crossman 788 BB Scout. Circa 1987. we had to weld a new front site on it. Killed a pile of birds. This is a great thread.

Would love to see everyone's first .22.IMG-1582.jpg

chasewild

WKR
A pellet gun, not a BB gun, but still the same category. Mine was a Hy Score. Dad got it for me back in 1978. Managed to shoot all sorts of little critters. My son also managed to learn using this one as well
llt9dBS.jpg

s3Vqikd.jpg

VTGfxLu.jpg
We had this same gun circa 1982.

OP
AK Troutbum
Crossman 788 BB Scout. Circa 1987. we had to weld a new front site on it. Killed a pile of birds. This is a great thread.

Would love to see everyone's first .22.View attachment 243376

At the risk of derailing my own thread, here’s my first rimfire. It’s a cheap single shot Savage .22 that I bought used off my cousin for $20, back in 1980. I’m sure I’ve killed more game with this rifle (if you include rabbits and squirrels), than any other firearm in my safe.
ee282c9c63ea2bcc461811e5d24d5464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had a little BB gun that looked like a shotgun and you cocked it with one pull back. I never killed anything with it, in fact I can remember shooting a robin and seeing the BB bounce off.
My best BB gun kill came later in life. I was laying in a hammock and saw a rat walking a telephone line. Grabbed my buddy’s sawed off Crossman without getting out of the hammock, put one foot on the ground and dropped the rat straight into the neighbor’s yard.

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Was a BB gun and grew up! LOL I have the newer 4K scope on it now. 457 I shoot 240gr slugs in it.

Had a BB gun as a kid and then a Benjamin. Now several PCP.

Attachments

• texan-ss-45-01.jpg
    texan-ss-45-01.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 240-gr-01.jpg
    240-gr-01.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 24
Yes, I think that’s the one! It was a neat little gun.
It was always around when I was a kid but would hardly shoot a bb more than 10 feet. I tried to fix it as a kid, but couldn't (lucky to get it back together at that age). A few years ago, I looked them up and it said to put some oil down the barrel to swell up the leather seal. I did, let it sit a day, and it worked! It shoots surprisingly well (hard) now...

Good to know. I’m looking at vintage Model 25s on EBay right now.
(This forum has me looking for a new gun again...)

No way mine lasted this long. Lol. I think it was in pieces by the time I was 12.

One of my boys has been begging for one. Was going to be a Christmas gift. But after my uncle, who taught me the ways of he net omg and shooting along with my grandpa, unexpectedly passed away I felt it was only right to get him k on e early. Bonus, he paid for it all on his own and with his own money!

Attachments

• 79F17F1C-935E-40E3-958A-588CE186A96D.jpeg
    79F17F1C-935E-40E3-958A-588CE186A96D.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 19

Pilchuck

FNG
Wish I still had my Crossman. Unfortunately it met with an untimely demise when I shot my brother with it for taking my quad. I told him not to.. FYI Crossman doesn't stand a chance against a sledge hammer and angry momma. RIP old friend

Big_wals

WKR
Got a red ryder for my 6th birthday, no idea where its at by now though. Kinda jealous of all you guys that still have your first bb gun, that cool! First rifle was a New England Firearms handi rifle 30-30 that spent my whole savings on when I was nine. Grandpa handloaded some light loads and it still kicked like a mule to me, even though I would have never admitted it! Lol

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
Daisy model 1894 Winchester

I still love shooting it

as a kid I broke it shooting bamboo skewers out of it. SMH. As an adult I tracked down a fella in MN who worked on them. He sent me a part and told me what to do. Been shooting great since

View attachment 242519

I have one of them to. Had to be the late 80’s or early 90’s when it was under the Christmas tree. If you have the info where you got the parts please let me know. My pre teen self could tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer.

stonewall

WKR
I have one of them to. Had to be the late 80’s or early 90’s when it was under the Christmas tree. If you have the info where you got the parts please let me know. My pre teen self could tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer.

I'll do my best to see what I can find. the guy was in Rochester, MN if I recall. but he was older and this was maybe 12-13 years ago I talked to him

I've seen them on gunbroker before...seems like they were in the 100-200 range when i saw them