Legit Hunting Personalities

+1 for the The Hunting Public crew. They’re phenomenal deer and turkey hunters, and it’s been fun to watch them take that knowledge and be successful on elk and pronghorn out West on public land more recently. Also seems abundantly clear that education is their #1 goal. That and having fun! Not sure how anyone could bash those guys.

I have zero problem with the MeatEater crew. I especially enjoy Janis. I think some are probably turned off by Steven Rinella’s personality and pedantic approach to things…to each their own. I enjoy hearing well educated people speak articulately about hunting and conservation.
Lost all respect for thp (never watched them before that, to be fair) when Georgia paid them to “promote” non resident Turkey hunting in the state.
$25,000.

Not exactly “roughing it” for a hunt. Definitely ensured I’d never watch their hunts.

Lost all respect for thp (never watched them before that, to be fair) when Georgia paid them to “promote” non resident Turkey hunting in the state.
$25,000.

Not exactly “roughing it” for a hunt. Definitely ensured I’d never watch their hunts.
$25,000 across 6 or 8 guys probably about covers their expenses for a trip to GA from Iowa. Just saying...

Yeah making a living through exploiting a resource.

If only old TR and crew could’ve seen this coming, I’m sure they would have outlawed it.
Not sure any of these guys are exploiting the resource with the exception of the guys mentioned that were caught poaching. As long as folks are applying for tags and licenses like anybody else legally and taking care of their kills, the only difference is they're filming their hunts and posting them online. Some make more money than others.

I do take exception for the "celebrity" hunters that are awarded governor's and other "special" tags soley for promotional purposes.

Ouzel

FNG
Hunted with Matt Duff of MLB, Major League Bowhunters while on a whitetail hunt with Triple Creek Outfitters in Kansas a few years ago. Very interesting and pleasant fellow.
That young man lives the dream and bowhunts in several places and bird hunts all over.
never got to meet his partner in MLB, Chipper Jones, but I made the offer if they drew or got tags in Wyoming or Idaho, myself and my string of mules were always ready to go on an adventure.

Ouzel.

$25,000.

Newberg was paid to promote AZ until he withdrew from his contract

How many other of these "Legit Hunting Personalites" are being paid by state game agencies to promote hunting. I guess it probably great ROI by the states that have ponzi point schemes.

WRO

WKR
Nate Simmons is one of my absolute favorites to watch.

The guys from Limitless outdoors are legit.

Seek one out of GA is super fun to watch and they're straight killers who do the work.

Corey Knowlton

Jim Shockey

John Lewton is a legend in the sheep world.

$25,000.

Yeah, because if you had the same following and success and a state agency wanted to pay you for exposure, you certainly wouldn't take it....

THP seems like salt of the earth guys to me. Don't really follow your logic as they are ultimately hunting/producing content for a living.

Met David Blanton this past weekend at a big buck competition. My buddy killed a really interesting buck that scored at 197 and some change. David came over and wanted to know the entire story, from history of the deer, where of course, time of day, day of the year, what weapon. It was a VERY genuine man.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
South Cox, Randy Ulmer, Ryan Lampers. Never met them but gut feeling is that they are great people and even better hunters.

Ralphie

WKR
$25,000 across 6 or 8 guys probably about covers their expenses for a trip to GA from Iowa. Just saying...
Not saying they got rich off of this one deal, but adding 25k to your revenue from a business you are already doing sounds pretty good to me. I’m assuming they aren’t getting paid by a state for all their other trips. And those trips are apparently worth it to them. I guess through sponsors, YouTube, etc. So if they can do the same thing and add 25k onto the revenue side, it sounds like a sweet gig.

Im pretty sure we heard the exact story from Newberg about how whatever Arizona paid him it didn’t amount to much.🙄. Yeah I just hate it when I get an extra 25k for doing what I’m already doing.

I have a real hard time with all the hunting on social media so I admit I’m biased against them but THP and Newberg getting paid with sportsmans dollars to diminish opportunities is insane.

Not saying they got rich off of this one deal, but adding 25k to your revenue from a business you are already doing sounds pretty good to me. I’m assuming they aren’t getting paid by a state for all their other trips. And those trips are apparently worth it to them. I guess through sponsors, YouTube, etc. So if they can do the same thing and add 25k onto the revenue side, it sounds like a sweet gig.

Im pretty sure we heard the exact story from Newberg about how whatever Arizona paid him it didn’t amount to much.🙄. Yeah I just hate it when I get an extra 25k for doing what I’m already doing.

I have a real hard time with all the hunting on social media so I admit I’m biased against them but THP and Newberg getting paid with sportsmans dollars to diminish opportunities is insane.
Well, that's one way to look at it. However, you may want to consider the revenue creation for GA residents provided by NR turkey hunters. There is also the trickle down effect of greater visibility and investment into turkey habitat based on increased hunter recruitment, licenses, and memberships into NWTF and other conservation organizations. However, I understand how easy it is to be selfish and only think about your "lost" opportunities. :rolleyes:

IF the THP haters ever watched their programs, you would see that none of them are wealthy. They do this because they're able to do what they love and make a decent living. These are dudes with formal sciences/biology education and real world experience with Midwest Whitetail. Over the last 6 years they've built a following that relates to their "low rent" style and "buddy" approach. They win some and lose some, and freely share experiences for both.

Several of the THP guys live in the same bachelor pad they went in together to purchase in Southern Iowa. With one exception (the weird Al Yankovic looking guy drives a newer Ford) they all drive older vehicles without expensive advertising wraps and stickers, and often sleep in their vehicles (planned or not) when traveling to hunts. During the deer tour last year, one guy could barely keep his old Honda running with battery, overheating, and flat tire troubles. Maybe give these "elite" "celebrities" a chance before cussing them for taking $25,000.

Ralphie

WKR
Well, that's one way to look at it. However, you may want to consider the revenue creation for GA residents provided by NR turkey hunters. There is also the trickle down effect of greater visibility and investment into turkey habitat based on increased hunter recruitment, licenses, and memberships into NWTF and other conservation organizations. However, I understand how easy it is to be selfish and only think about your "lost" opportunities. :rolleyes:

IF the THP haters ever watched their programs, you would see that none of them are wealthy. They do this because they're able to do what they love and make a decent living. These are dudes with formal sciences/biology education and real world experience with Midwest Whitetail. Over the last 6 years they've built a following that relates to their "low rent" style and "buddy" approach. They win some and lose some, and freely share experiences for both.

Several of the THP guys live in the same bachelor pad they went in together to purchase in Southern Iowa. With one exception (the weird Al Yankovic looking guy drives a newer Ford) they all drive older vehicles without expensive advertising wraps and stickers, and often sleep in their vehicles (planned or not) when traveling to hunts. During the deer tour last year, one guy could barely keep his old Honda running with battery, overheating, and flat tire troubles. Maybe give these "elite" "celebrities" a chance before cussing them for taking $25,000.
How rich THP guys are or how frugal and down to earth they are has nothing to do with should they be getting paid with sportsman’s dollars.

And we keep hearing this argument of how much good YouTube hunting shows are doing. Conservation, awareness, etc. And what are we always arguing about (me included) on hunting forums, decreased opportunities, increased costs, lower odds, otc going away.

Hnthrdr

WKR
South is always killing big bulls, seems like his callers are pretty legit. Remi seems like the real deal. Then there are guys out there that I work with, friends of friends and such that are true killers, they hunt really hard but consistently put down huge animals