Legit Hunting Personalities

Personally... I agree with you.

But if you're going to make a business out of it, you have to continually make content.

It's a different (and also worthwhile) conversation.
Hence my point about the commodification of wildlife.
They’re using our wildlife to further their businesses. Sounds like market hunting to me. Just a different “market”

ODB

WKR
I’d like to take this opportunity to recognize the late, great, Bert Klineburger who has hunted more countries than anyone in history. Period.

And who never had an Instagram account…

Just sayin’…

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
I have no respect for Tom. He said on a podcast he didn’t necessarily enjoy hunting but he was good at making hunting videos so that’s what kept him hunting.

A high body count does not equal a legit hunter in my book. Feel free to disagree, but you won’t change my mind.

The legit hunters I think of most have never heard of, so I’ll keep it that way.
Totally lost respect for him after hearing this. Even if it’s true, why would you admit it? Even Steve was shocked when he fessed up to that.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Obviously things have changed over the years especially with the technology, internet, social media and the likes.
Some of the shows, "influencers" (I hate that term), I like and most I don't.
That all being said, one of the most "legit killers, badass woodsman, NOT famous, was my dad.
Killed alot of shit, 30.06 model 70, straight Leopold 4x, black/red plaid wool coat with a pocket in the back for lunch, no binos, no pack. Just got it DONE.

Randy

JStol5

WKR
South’s new video, “blessed”, is one of my favorite videos I’ve watched in a long time. Highly recommend.

Randle

WKR
Anyone remember Don Lewis(camo criminal) in the 90s?
I also shot an archery shoot in the 90s with a still well known hunter and archery equipment business owner. Later in the week I mentioned him to Idaho F &G friend that mentioned not all things seemed to be on the up and up with said hunter.
Its sad that this stuff happens

Last edited:
They are legit. For sure Tom all around great guy

These friggin guys…had a buddy purchase their “master mule deer class” looking for some advanced tips and tactics. You’d be just as well off to read the Wikipedia page on mule deer! What a giant waste of $$. But good for them for making money and giving away literally no mule deer hunting knowledge that couldn’t have been learned from a the most simple google search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Boy

WKR
I am genuinely curious what all these master classes and seminars are bringing to the table that havent been beaten to death by free podcasts and forums like this. I understand buying a book as I enjoy reading and they are cheap. But a several hundred dollar master class?

For the record the stuckntherut crew are slayers no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
These friggin guys…had a buddy purchase their “master mule deer class” looking for some advanced tips and tactics. You’d be just as well off to read the Wikipedia page on mule deer! What a giant waste of $$. But good for them for making money and giving away literally no mule deer hunting knowledge that couldn’t have been learned from a the most simple google search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok well I don't have any personal experience with any of their classes that's too bad. They do seem kind of expensive and u have Kno way of knowing wat u get till u have payed. Just talking with Tom he's been super nice to me and my buddies

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
I am genuinely curious what all these master classes and seminars are bringing to the table that havent been beaten to death by free podcasts and forums like this. I understand buying a book as I enjoy reading and they are cheap. But a several hundred dollar master class?

For the record the stuckntherut crew are slayers no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I kind of agree. I have never bought any so I stand to be corrected. But there are tons of free content every where if u just want to look for it. I just can't see myself paying $100 plus for something I could literally find if I just put a little time to research it.

idahodave

WKR
I’ve known Corey Jacobsen since our freshmen year at UI. Hunted with him on more than one occasion. He was a killer at 18, and he’s even more dangerous now.

Genuinely nice guy and has changed very, very little…if at all. Dude is a sorcerer with a call. Never seen anything like it.

Probably the only “famous” dude I admire, as he’s a damn good dad/husband as well.

Dave

Yoder

WKR
Bring on the hate!!!

Here are some guys I actually like. Im not even trolling. I've listened to all of them speak for hours on podcasts and watched their videos.

Steve Rinella. I think he's awesome. Articulate, smart and kills just about everything.

Cam Haynes. Proved himself 100x over on public land. Amazing athlete and more mentally tough than most people on earth.

Dan Infalt. Big buck serial killer. This guy has made me a better whitetail hunter.

THP- I love these guys. They are all killers. I love the comraderie. They have also made me a better hunter.

I see Steve and Cam get more hate than poachers which is completely insane.