Legal Opinion On Gun Ownership and Marijuana

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Bunch of white ppl complaining about the legal system is actually pretty funny.

Why even bring race into it? Nobody here was talking about anything that has to do with race. Saying stuff like that and feeing the need to bring up race at every opportunity is the real problem in this country. I always enjoy reading your posts but this thing you typed right here is a disgusting display of virtue signaling at the highest level and you should feel embarrassed.

bsnedeker

WKR
Why even bring race into it? Nobody here was talking about anything that has to do with race. Saying stuff like that and feeing the need to bring up race at every opportunity is the real problem in this country. I always enjoy reading your posts but this thing you typed right here is a disgusting display of virtue signaling at the highest level and you should feel embarrassed.
Because he's a liberal. Everything boils down to the color of your skin.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

My question is how could this be enforced? They would have to drug test you to prove it. I don't see that ever happening
You shoot someone, you’ll get a toxicology screening. MJ stays in your system for weeks, sometimes a month because it’s metabolized through fat rather than the liver. So, when you pop hot, you’ll get charged if the feds want to. Happens up here in WA fairly frequently.

Rick M.

WKR
Im not a marijuana user but it's no different from alcohol. If people who use marijuana can't own guns drinkers shouldn't either.
Alcohol is worse, in my opinion. People who smoke weed are usually chill and / or lazy. Alcohol seems to bring out the worst in people (especially violence). I don't think smoking weed should preclude owning a firearm, but if someone is under the influence of anything (alcohol included) during a stand-your-ground situation, it's going to complicate things at the very least.

Alcohol is worse, in my opinion. People who smoke weed are usually chill and / or lazy. Alcohol seems to bring out the worst in people (especially violence). I don't think smoking weed should preclude owning a firearm, but if someone is under the influence of anything (alcohol included) during a stand-your-ground situation, it's going to complicate things at the very least.

Even if you get into a nasty car accident and you have a gun in the car, it could bite you if they order toxicology screenings.

jimh406

WKR
I'm not a marijuana user, but the fact remains is it's being legalized in more and more places. At the same time, more and more people are buying legal guns except they may be an occasional marijuana user.

I think it makes sense to remove marijuana from the form. There is no sense in making that many people violate an outdated law.

While they are at it, remove marijuana from the drug testing for jobs.

Sorry to find you're disappointed in me. I felt it was a fitting response to all the virtue signaling in this particular thread.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Sorry to find you're disappointed in me. I felt it was a fitting response to all the virtue signaling in this particular thread.

There was no virtue signaling. People were discussing their own viewpoints and how it could potentially effect them in a negative manner. You came and shit all over everybody because they (as you put it) are “white”. It amazes me that liberals and people who type the things like you did are the most racist people out there. I mean seriously, have a discussion about laws that may effect you and get someday talking trash because of your skin color. You completely downplayed peoples fears, concerns and interests because of the color of their skin. That is what true racism looks like in 2022. Yes you disappointed me and I’m sure many others. You added nothing and made disparaging comments based on peoples races. Not sure how you can justify that but There must be a great deal of self loathing and mental gymnastics involved.

There was no virtue signaling. People were discussing their own viewpoints and how it could potentially effect them in a negative manner. You came and shit all over everybody because they (as you put it) are “white”. It amazes me that liberals and people who type the things like you did are the most racist people out there. I mean seriously, have a discussion about laws that may effect you and get someday talking trash because of your skin color. You completely downplayed peoples fears, concerns and interests because of the color of their skin. That is what true racism looks like in 2022. Yes you disappointed me and I’m sure many others. You added nothing and made disparaging comments based on peoples races. Not sure how you can justify that but There must be a great deal of self loathing and mental gymnastics involved.
Don't get triggered. It was just a casual observation.

bsnedeker

WKR
Don't get triggered. It was just a casual observation.
The hypocrisy of this guy is absolutely unbelievable! The guy who vomits his virtue signaling all over every covid thread on this forum is, all of the sudden, upset about virtue signaling!

This is the guy who would do ANYTHING to ensure that not even one person ever has to die! Well, anything as long as it means getting pumped full of chemicals by the government and wearing a muzzle.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Im not a marijuana user but it's no different from alcohol. If people who use marijuana can't own guns drinkers shouldn't either.
It’s not against federal law to drink alcohol. Marijuana is against federal law. That’s the difference.

I wonder where the medical marijuna card comes in. You are admitting to being on a controlled substance.
If you’ve got a medical Rx for pot and lie about being a user on the form when purchasing a firearm, you’ve got a serious problem if someone decides to call you on it.

IMO a gun owner who drinks alcohol saying "just don't do drugs" is hypocritical. If your mind altering drug of choice is alcohol don't act like you are better than people who use weed. I think gun ownership shouldn't have anything to do with either, but carrying or using a firearm under the influence of any mind altering drug is NOT cool. How many groups have celebrated late at night after filling a tag and went back out the next morning with alcohol still in their system? Maybe it's not that huge a deal to most but it's the same thing as a guy who smokes a little weed every once in a while

I’m a sociable drinker as well. I don’t smoke pot but I agree being under the influence of one is no different than the other. The problem isn’t about that though it’s about violating federal law when purchasing a firearm. What needs to happen is for the law to be changed at the federal level. Until that happens, anyone who is a user cannot legally purchase a firearm, especially if that use is documented.

Sure politicians can decide to ignore a law, at least lately that seems to go unchecked. That in and of itself is a serious problem in this country. Bad laws should be changed not ignored. Lawlessness is chaos.

Last edited:

Dos XX

WKR
Medical MJ isn't medical. You don't get a prescription for MJ. You get a note from a doctor saying you have a condition. The doctor doesn't give you a prescription with instructions to take 5 mg of a certain strain twice a day for 2 weeks. You don't go the pharmacy to get it. I can't believe we required doctors to be involved in this. It is a complete waste of their time. It is total bullshit.

It is an example of how we in the USA work around the rule of law to get things instead of doing the heavy lifting of actually crafting and passing legislation. This is a very dangerous way to do things. It allows lawmakers to avoid politically volatile subjects. Doing things by executive order is another example of enacting things without legislation, allowing congress to skate on issues. Congress needs to nut up and take care of their business. Working around the edges like this, allowing things that aren't legal to happen without legislation can also be used to take away rights. It is not the way things need to be done.

I am not anti-marijuana. I am anti-bullshit.

Last edited: