Legal Opinion On Gun Ownership and Marijuana

It is different, legally. From a public safety perspective, if someone is going to be using any form of drug and carrying a firearm, I would prefer it to be pot.
I’m not against pot smoking or drinking, but I don’t want to be around someone who is high with a gun. Alcohol and pot both have the effect of making people kind of stupid temporarily, and stupid shit happens.

gabenzeke

WKR
"you liberals." LOL

nah. Just an actual independent who calls it like I see it.

Folks need a reality check every now and then.
Well the way you see it is, if I can be frank, stupid. You can't feel laws are unjust to people of color and then also be upset when you see people who you for whatever reason assume are all white talking about laws being unjust. You may be an independent, but you think like a liberal.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
I’m not against pot smoking or drinking, but I don’t want to be around someone who is high with a gun. Alcohol and pot both have the effect of making people kind of stupid temporarily, and stupid shit happens.
Agree, but I have never seen someone get high and get angry/aggressive. Both can cause people to get careless and set the stage for accidents more than with sober people, but IMO alcohol-related gun issues are mostly due to an aspect that doesn't occur with pot.

bsnedeker

WKR
Well the way you see it is, if I can be frank, stupid. You can't feel laws are unjust to people of color and then also be upset when you see people who you for whatever reason assume are all white talking about laws being unjust. You may be an independent, but you think like a liberal.

He's Transindependant. He identifies as an independent, but his plumbing is all liberal.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

That does seem to be my experience also. Stoners are more useless than dangerous. There is a reason we have the phrase “raging drunk”. Is it because pot doesn’t have the effect of aggravating anger? Or is it just that really angry people are more likely to drink than smoke pot? In my experience, most people who get really angry when they’re drunk are very angry but suppressed when they’re not drunk. Maybe we can get a federal grant to study it.

Nah, I think like an independent which means sometimes I agree with people like you, and sometimes I don't. Don't take it too hard though.

That does seem to be my experience also. Stoners are more useless than dangerous. There is a reason we have the phrase “raging drunk”. Is it because pot doesn’t have the effect of aggravating anger? Or is it just that really angry people are more likely to drink than smoke pot? In my experience, most people who get really angry when they’re drunk are very angry but suppressed when they’re not drunk. Maybe we can get a federal grant to study it.
I think you're 100% correct.

Mattc1126

FNG
I'm not at all interested in a weed vs alcohol debate. I don't care.
I will just say, eventually, I would imagine the weed laws will catch up to the alcohol laws. As more states become legal, and more time goes by, this will all work itself out. It's just not going to happen overnight.
To make comments suggesting alcohol users should not be able to own guns because weed users (currently) can't is not reasonable. Alcohol has been legal for how long? And weed for how long?
I believe this is said best here. Don't bring others down to persue your own goal.

fwafwow

WKR
I have no legal opinions, but lots of humorous images/scenarios running around in my head right now.
It's meme time

68w6w9.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
Plenty of violence is committed by people under the influence of mary jane. I see it frequently as do my friends in law enforcement.

wyodan

WKR
Plenty of violence is committed by people under the influence of mary jane. I see it frequently as do my friends in law enforcement.
How many of those folks are also under the influence of something else at that time??