Lava Ridge Wind Project - Wasting 76,000 acres in Idaho.

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
It has been proven time and again. These are not cost effecting to build or operate.
The only way they work is through government subsidies.
Plus they are an environmental eye sore. And they kill millions of bats,
Plus #2 I believe there are altering weather patterns. Look at the droughts
in the southwest where these things are everywhere.

CJ19

WKR
It has been proven time and again. These are not cost effecting to build or operate.
The bat point is a good one and has merit. I dont think the drought thing makes sense based on any science. Maybe extremely localized effects on weather like heat islands or something but probably not regional impacts to weather patterns.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR

I’m more worried about the hawks than the bats. There is a lot of hawks in that area.

I read somewhere the government allows some sort of permit for them, they’re allowed to kill up to 400? Eagles per year before they’re fined. It’s all just bullshit. If you got caught(which is ridiculous anyways but hypothetically) shooting a hawk or an eagle I can only imagine the consequences.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
They do kill a lot raptors, Eagles & hawks. Gov’t gives an exemption. No fines if you do the paperwork.

We do need to develop 4th gen nuclear. Way different then what we run now. Plus we can use the spent fuel rods stored at shuttered nuclear plants today.

But I’m not against wind & solar. It just one part of the puzzle.

The more nuclear, wind & solar we use then more gas and oil we don’t use. The excess oil should exported to bring money into the USA.

To not drill is stupid. Doesn’t prevent anyone from using oil. Just sends them somewhere else.

Absolutely a joke. They rape the land to put in the road infrastructure going to each wind generator, put in all the underground conduits & conductors, install the transformers, the generators burn up and leak oil all over the place, the “sound” of the blades create a low frequency hum that drives you crazy. The blades are killing lots of birds, especially hawks and eagles. The 100ft blades are hazardous materials they do not even know who to dispose of the old and Broken blades now and they are just piling up in fields now. They have destroyed the landscape, one underground pipe line can’t even be seen and follows a Single path rather than a huge series of roads all through the country side. They are destroying Texas.

Okhotnik

WKR
and they destroy elk and mule deer wintering grounds

Okhotnik

WKR
It is what it is love it or hate it it's the future of energy in this country
expensive, toxic to the environment, huge carbon foot print , inefficient and made in China? sounds like a great economic plan for America

Reactions: JJJ
expensive, toxic to the environment, huge carbon foot print , inefficient and made in China? sounds like a great economic plan for America
Never said it was great I said love it or HATE it
It is the future of energy in this country

amassi

WKR
All of these projects are made into their own LLC or corporation and are almost universally formed in Delaware due to the benefits of doing so. Almost none of them actually have people in Delaware involved.

At this point ""Clean"" energy should just file as a religion so they wouldn't have to jump through so many hoops finding lucrative tax shelters

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Never said it was great I said love it or HATE it
It is the future of energy in this country
That's the problem. Failed energy policies that do absolutely nothing positive for the environment and are extremely inefficient, costly and damaging to our environment. They're loud, extremely noisy eyesores throughout the west. Often built in elk and mule deer wintering areas. disgusting when you see them

That's the problem. Failed energy policies that do absolutely nothing positive for the environment and are extremely inefficient, costly and damaging to our environment. They're loud, extremely noisy eyesores throughout the west. Often built in elk and mule deer wintering areas. disgusting when you see them
Not only the west the east coast states have several large wind farms and acouple solar fields to a couple of them in prime whitetail habitat
Oil/gas exploration has it's problems to
Ground water pollution being 1 of them
I'll worry everything about the future when it gets
Here
I live for today yesteday yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never happen not gonna stress over something that I can't change life's to short
Enjoy what you have now hope for the best tomorrow

If the project has already gone through the NEPA process and they've held their public comment period for their EIS, you are out of luck in doing anything about it. The only possibility is that an environmental NGO doesn't like something about the project on that land and found a "hole" in their EIS, which they may threaten to sue that company over if they proceed with the project.

Your only hope is an NGO (who likely loves wolves) had a problem with their project and threatened to sue.

Yes they suck, but how about cleaner air, less acidic rain (increases beetle susceptibility and leeches heavy metals from rock decreasing sheep recruitment), less water pollution, and less methane being leaked into the atmosphere? I'd say those are worthwhile

At this point ""Clean"" energy should just file as a religion so they wouldn't have to jump through so many hoops finding lucrative tax shelters

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Not really jumping through a hoop just doing the same as every other applicable business.