Kuiu superdown..a comment. stuffing it into it's own pocket.

boom

WKR
i didnt try it in the store, but i just did at home.

i tried to stuff the jacket into the chest pocket. wow..pretty ambitious. you can get it in there, but once done..i noticed something. the pull of the zipper will be on the inside. all my other down jackets have modified zippers at the stuff/pocket. the zipper is either double headed, meaning there is a pull handle on either side, OR the single handle can pivot 180 degrees to work from either side. does that make sense?

OP
B

boom

WKR
u9udy4yn.jpg

3ebe2etu.jpg

Mine also has the double pull. But you're right, it is a tight fit. Much tighter than the previous Spindrift. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's difficult to pack, but mildly annoying would be an accurate description.

I don't fault KUIU on this though. In order to sell the Superdown as the lighter, smaller, more efficient version of the Spindrift; it had to outperform it in every way. By making the stuff pocket smaller, you could put the two compressed jackets side by side and say "see, look how much room we saved you over the Spindrift"!!! It's just great marketing. Nothing more.

Craig4791

WKR
I found it to be a waste of time and how difficult it is to get in there I'd eventually ruin the jacket. I just stuff it in my pack since it compresses well it fits anywhere.

7mag.

WKR
Maybe? I don't know. I would think they all would have the ability to zip the pocket once the jacket is stuffed. Maybe you should contact Kuiu. In my experience, customer service has been great.

once stuffed my zipper hasn't been a problem the few times I have stuffed it. I usually just put it in my bag and it fills any empty space in the bag and the more you fill up the pack the more it compresses. I would ask kuiu about it because that doesn't sound right.

OP
B

boom

WKR
I'll prob stuff it in with my sleeping bag for the most part.

BigSurArcher

Banned
The reversible zipper is now located on the side hand pocket. Easier to stuff, and less extreme compression in case it happens to stay that way for longer than anticipated.

Stresd

FNG
The reversible zipper is now located on the side hand pocket. Easier to stuff, and less extreme compression in case it happens to stay that way for longer than anticipated.

X2
On mine the stuff pocket is on the left hand side, and has the double tagged reversible zipper. The other pockets only have the single tag non-reversible.

OP
B

boom

WKR
X2
On mine the stuff pocket is on the left hand side, and has the double tagged reversible zipper. The other pockets only have the single tag non-reversible.

Thx guys. Mystery solved. The kuiu kid did not have the latest memo. :)