Kokanee Fishing.

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
Can't wait, when I'm not working so I can start chasing these guys around!
My go to dodger is the DN pink splatter, followed by a macks 50/50. Probably use those 80% of the time. Leader length varies but mostly 8-16". Wedding rings dominate what I fish, favorite colors are red, pink, gold, orange, green in that order. Cycle through them until I find what's working. One lake in particular a clear & pink mini hootchie on a 6-8" leader works really well behind the pink splatter.
Same basic baits as the above posts.
This year I want to try bare red hooks when my go tos are not working and remember what I learned on Lake Whenatchee sockeye, sharp turns and speed changes got every hookup there.
Good luck all.

svivian

WKR
Can't wait, when I'm not working so I can start chasing these guys around!
My go to dodger is the DN pink splatter, followed by a macks 50/50. Probably use those 80% of the time. Leader length varies but mostly 8-16". Wedding rings dominate what I fish, favorite colors are red, pink, gold, orange, green in that order. Cycle through them until I find what's working. One lake in particular a clear & pink mini hootchie on a 6-8" leader works really well behind the pink splatter.
Same basic baits as the above posts.
This year I want to try bare red hooks when my go tos are not working and remember what I learned on Lake Whenatchee sockeye, sharp turns and speed changes got every hookup there.
Good luck all.
Yep I get alot of bites on the turns or a quick change in speed. Ive had a few tangles though so i need to be better about depth and spacing my gear running 4 rods.

Sea Rover

FNG
Hi, I’m new on the forum. I’m a longtime hunter & fisherman in northern California . I have 2 Bad ass bird dogs that are not happy it’s so hot out now ! 106 today WTF?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Back in college, I’d throw a bead head fly on my rod and snag them out near the black mesa reservoir in Colorado.

I’d gut them and stuff them with butter, onion, peppers and grill them. Ritz crackers and cream cheese with a piece of fish was great. I impressed a few girls with that game.

Sea Rover

FNG
Wow huntsman that’s a nice fish! Way bigger than or California fish. We have quantity but no fish bigger than 20 inches usually.