Kodiak Goat Down

IDVortex

WKR
Threads like these are the reason I'm now after 32 years of living going to start putting in for a goat hunt.

OP
Brent

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
Threads like these are the reason I'm now after 32 years of living going to start putting in for a goat hunt.

Is totally worth it! There is still a lot of great opportunity available to get really nice goats.

IDVortex

WKR
Is totally worth it! There is still a lot of great opportunity available to get really nice goats.
Considering I live in Idaho, I have good opportunities for a hunt, but also have talked to my wife about working on saving up for a BC hunt, especially since just 4ish hours north of us have some very good hunts. It's a goal I want, and a bit more realistic goal then say a goat.

That's going to be a great mount. Awesome pics and I'm sure even better memories. I'm eager to see the mount when it's done

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, that goat is beautiful and he looks so big and broad. Excuse my ignorance but are they all that big? I would love to see one in the wild up close some day. Scenery is amazing too. Congratulations.

OP
Brent

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, that goat is beautiful and he looks so big and broad. Excuse my ignorance but are they all that big? I would love to see one in the wild up close some day. Scenery is amazing too. Congratulations.

They're not all that big. There are a couple things here. First, Kodiak produces big bodied billys. You may not see a lot of B&C billys from Kodiak comparatively, but their bodies are as big as anywhere in the world. The second factor is that he was alive long enough to get big. Kodiak is harsh. Goats have to be strong to get old there.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
They're not all that big. There are a couple things here. First, Kodiak produces big bodied billys. You may not see a lot of B&C billys from Kodiak comparatively, but their bodies are as big as anywhere in the world. The second factor is that he was alive long enough to get big. Kodiak is harsh. Goats have to be strong to get old there.
Thanks for the explanation. Since I was young, I have always been drawn to them as they are such interesting and bold animals. In my opinion, that's what anti-hunters don't comprehend is that when we are successful in a hunt, we have met our quarry in their environment and they will never get to experience that joy and satisfaction.