Kodiak Goat Down

I scored big in the Kodiak registration area this year.

After a long night of 60-80 MPH gusts with the tent pressed against our faces as we tried to sleep, Kodiak welcomed us to a beautiful blue bird day.

While viewing from camp, this 8+ year old Billy was calling to me from furthest reaches of the basin. He appeared unreachable, but after looking over the terrain for several minutes I made a plan and got to work.

3 hours after spotting him from camp, I was looking at this fine Billy through my scope. I stuck him on the mountain with two Berger 205s out of the 300 WM.

He's a beautiful clean Billy with a great hide on a perfect Kodiak day. I couldn't have scripted a better result.

View attachment 611323View attachment 611324View attachment 611325
Breathtaking photos, and beautiful animal. Congratulations!

Congrats! I shot my first Billy near that lake about 10 years ago. Never been back to that spot, but maybe someday. Nice work and photos.

chasewild

WKR
I scored big in the Kodiak registration area this year.

After a long night of 60-80 MPH gusts with the tent pressed against our faces as we tried to sleep, Kodiak welcomed us to a beautiful blue bird day.

While viewing from camp, this 8+ year old Billy was calling to me from furthest reaches of the basin. He appeared unreachable, but after looking over the terrain for several minutes I made a plan and got to work.

3 hours after spotting him from camp, I was looking at this fine Billy through my scope. I stuck him on the mountain with two Berger 205s out of the 300 WM.

He's a beautiful clean Billy with a great hide on a perfect Kodiak day. I couldn't have scripted a better result.

View attachment 611323View attachment 611324View attachment 611325
Not sure how I missed this. Great pics.