knee braces

im not sure if this should go here or in the gear section but do any of you wear a knee brace while training or hiking or running?
i used to wear a custom one when i played sports and ive been thinking maybe i need one again but dont know where to start...

shaun

WKR
I do. Back in 2000 I tore out my ACL and PCL and lost part of my interior Quad in a Jet Ski accident I had one made about 3 years ago from CTI. Best investment I ever made

OP
fillthefreezer
ive had 3 reconstructions and still struggle with hyperextension. the brace i used to use had locks so i couldnt hyperextend. ive been thinking it might be a good idea. did your ins. cover or was it out of pocket?

I have used Professional's Choice knee braces in the past. However, when I quit running and just decided walking, bodyweight training and my normal hiking activities were enough, the knee pain and stress oddly went away. Haven't used the braces for the last 5+ years I'd guess and I'm in the best shape of my life at age 46 getting ready for WA High Hunt.

fillthefreezer, take a look at the CEP (brand) knee brace. It's not over built, snug, and fits well under pants. I sell them in our store (specialty running) and they work well.