Kifaru Warranty Not What It Used To Be

EdP

WKR
As long as Kifaru is up front about their warranty I don't see a problem. It may not be the best warranty but it is fair and anyone buying used should inform themselves to know what they are buying. I do think, as I said before, Kifaru should have fixed it for $0 if it was an original defect. Even so, fixing it for $15 was pretty darn reasonable IMO.

The North Face used to warranty their products for life. My wife and I both bought goose down jackets back in the mid 1980's. A few years ago the zipper on hers just disintegrated. We sent it back and it was returned with a new zipper at no charge. The North Face stopped doing that with their new products some time ago. Point being, businesses are in business to make money and things change.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I have also been VERY disappointed with Kifaru warranty service recently.
I used to own (2) 357mag packs and the top pull handle started to come loose on one, I sent it back last year and it was fixed and sent back in great shape.

This year I had the same issue with my second pack... I shipped it to them for the repair but on the way back to me the package got lost. It was only insured for the minimum (100$) and I was never asked or given an option to pay to insure the full value of the package.

This sucks because I really like the pack... but I actually USE my gear and a warranty and repair service is no good if I can't send my gear in with expectations of getting it back.

Best they could offer me was a "discount" on a new pack. I am in the process of finding a new brand to support, and needless to say I will have a used 357 for sale in the near future.

Maybe I need to stop trying to buy packs with a "good warranty" and just find a good shop that I can pay to repair my stuff?
Exo has been outstanding to deal with on issues for both me and my hunting partner.

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
Didn’t want or mean to turn this into a bash fest. Only expressing my experience dealing with them. All I know is facts and I know a couple years ago Frankie would have had this taken care of in no time. Heck, only a year or two ago I had some issues with shoulder straps. They were a few years old and I wasn’t the original owner. I reached out to them fully expecting to pay for the repair but I was sent a brand new set no questions asked. That’s the kind of customer experience that goes a long way to making a lifetime customer.