Kifaru customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have really noticed recently the customer service has really declined and seems like they are not concerned with having happy customers. Since they only have a 22” and 25” frames now i was on the fence as i typically used a 24” duplex lite. I was also a little skeptical since they no longer offer straight vs curved back conformations as i had to have the curved. Anyway i bought a 22” ark frame on recommendation for my height. Now i have been told i should have bought a 25” but they don’t have 25” with medium belts in stock. They don’t even have extra 25” frame sheets in stock. They do, however, have 25” xs and xl in stock but they refuse to swap out a frame sheet with me.

I have also heard many people complaining that they bought belts following the website guidelines but actually needed a different size. Kifaru does not have any extra belts in stock and refuses to take a belt from another frame to satisfy a customer.

They say this all is because of their new system that wont allow the exchange. I can tell you, it wasn’t too long ago, someone there had enough common sense to authorize an exchange and do what they had to do. This is pretty sad for a company that is where it is in large part to customer service.

Their solution to everyone is to take a partial refund and the order exactly what you need when it is back in stock. But, they cant tell you when it will be back in stock or if there are enough orders to take up the entire new stock as is. So, no matter what, i will not have the pack for my training trip that is already scheduled.

In the past i could have been considered a huge kifaru fanboy, but it looks like those days are over.

I post this so maybe no one else will get stuck in the situation. I would say, if you’re interested in the ark frame wait til ‘25 when they say they will have extra frame parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, strange for sure. Too many bad stories about CS since the company has gotten bigger. I get it to an extent, but at some point you have to understand how you got to where you are in the first place. The good old days Aron answering phones on the mountain and fixing whatever problem may arise are probably over unfortunately.

I had a tear on a pack about 4-5 years ago and got it repaired in no time flat.

With that being said, I may entry one other bag from them in the future but once my frame craps out or wears out I will most likely try something lighter. I love the modularity of their design but the more I hunt the more I want to cut down on overall pack weight and make everything more simple. After 7 years I’m still not 100% sure what strap goes where for certain applications. lol

bozeman

WKR
I’ve been in touch with them a few times with questions on my new Ark frame. They’ve been extremely helpful and quick to answer, respond.
I’ve been MORE than impressed with their CS…….

OP
G
I’ve been in touch with them a few times with questions on my new Ark frame. They’ve been extremely helpful and quick to answer, respond.
I’ve been MORE than impressed with their CS…….

Oh they are quick to answer questions, but 3 times since i’ve got my ark frame i’ve gotten “sorry that you are disappointed, but that’s the way it is” just trying to get the right set-up. They have no spare ark parts to sell until 2025, even if the belt you bought does not fit exactly right, you have to return the entire thing, can’t even buy an extra belt for weight loss or weight gain or for your your son to wear the frame. And even if they have the part on another pack in stock, they would rather keep that to tell to someone else than satisfy a customer that has already spent $700.

Yes, based on their recommendation since belt sizes changed and now they only have 2 frame sizes down from 3. Your question seems pretty silly now, huh?

Never fails…

lol

OP
G
fb8ed8c567d5741230f0d2a847d0e02c.jpg

bacb14016884401047608d3f63220a3d.jpg

So the first pic was my question, the second i tried to reply but i’ve been blocked.

This is pretty sad for a business that banks on customer service.

bozeman

WKR
If you are that upset, put for sale here in the classifieds....I'm sure it will sell quickly.

OP
G
If you are that upset, put for sale here in the classifieds....I'm sure it will sell quickly.

Just returning it. I have 2 duplex lite frames, a duplex ultralite frame, and a bikini frame. Got plenty of frames, just thought i would try their new product. Won’t be buying anything else from the though.

CorbLand

WKR
To be honest, the one time I dealt with Kifaru, I didnt leave impressed. I was in the market for a new pack and went to the Hunt Expo. I went to all the major brands and talked with them about their packs. Kifaru was by leaps and bounds the least helpful. They seemed more interested in hanging out with the friends than they did helping me. When I finally got some help, it was short and didnt really answer my question in detail. Kind of got the "why are you bothering us" feeling.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
To be honest, the one time I dealt with Kifaru, I didnt leave impressed. I was in the market for a new pack and went to the Hunt Expo. I went to all the major brands and talked with them about their packs. Kifaru was by leaps and bounds the least helpful. They seemed more interested in hanging out with the friends than they did helping me. When I finally got some help, it was short and didnt really answer my question in detail. Kind of got the "why are you bothering us" feeling.

Not surprising, that was the vibe I got when milling around their booth at Sheep Show years ago as well.

I also had a family member have an interaction with Snyder that was horrible, Snyder was way outta line. He never owned up to it or apologized. Kifaru won't get a dime of my money, Stone Glacier and EXO packs seem pretty much superior in every way anyway.

Reactions: OMB

bozeman

WKR
My CS experiences with a K3 were excellent with Exo as well. The Ark just fits me better, but CS from both have been spot on for me.

CorbLand

WKR
Not surprising, that was the vibe I got when milling around their booth at Sheep Show years ago as well.

I also had a family member have an interaction with Snyder that was horrible, Snyder was way outta line. He never owned up to it or apologized. Kifaru won't get a dime of my money, Stone Glacier and EXO packs seem pretty much superior in every way anyway.
Ironically, those were the two most helpful brands.

I even told SG, that their packs were out of my price point and didnt want to waste their time, I was just looking at them. The dude still spent sometime with me and eventually moved onto another customer and then came back when he was done there.

Steve from Exo helped me and was really great. Took the time to help me and answered every question I had. When I told him what pack I was currently using, he had zero bad things to say about them or the company. Just pointed out what they changed to make theirs better. There is a reason I have an Exo pack currently.

When I asked Kifaru, all the dude said was "our frames are better." I asked what makes them better? He responded with "they carry the weight better." Then he noticed that his thumb was bleeding, said something about it. Left, put a band aid on it and stood back behind the booth and talked with people. Never came back.

BBob

WKR
I can tell you, it wasn’t too long ago, someone there had enough common sense to authorize an exchange and do what they had to do. This is pretty sad for a company that is where it is in large part to customer service.
Typical when a good company is bought out and the bean counters are now controlling it. Moral has probably tanked as well since no one has a personal stake in it anymore.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had a bad experience as well with kifaru a few years ago. Luckily there are are other companies out there that make great packs these days.

Reactions: TVW

Lawnboi

WKR
Unfortunate, I was a die hard since when they only made a few packs. But I’d agree that the company is changing. Luckily the market is more full that it was.

Yeah, strange for sure. Too many bad stories about CS since the company has gotten bigger. I get it to an extent, but at some point you have to understand how you got to where you are in the first place. The good old days Aron answering phones on the mountain and fixing whatever problem may arise are probably over unfortunately.
I dont get it,dam expensive for a backpack and there growth could be what sinks a company.
Take care of your customers.
I would bet a few of these threads can really hurt an expensive niche market like this.
Better pull there heads out.

Status
Not open for further replies.