Kifaru Bino Harness

renagde

WKR
I canceled mine. Absolutely ridiculous. Bought the T&K and happy I did hearing all the reviews of this thing.
LOL you sure have something against Kifaru. You haven't even tried one and you keep bashing it. I'm not a Kifaru leg humper but you could at least give something a fair shake before sharing your opinion on something you haven't even touched.

LOL you sure have something against Kifaru. You haven't even tried one and you keep bashing it. I'm not a Kifaru leg humper but you could at least give something a fair shake before sharing your opinion on something you haven't even touched.
I tried to give it a “fair shake.” But when I’m told one thing and they do another, I’ll move on as it’s obvious my patronage isn’t important.

I attempted three times to contact them in “early July” to see if there was an update. Twice through their online ticket system and once by phone and left a message. Zero response to any of those. But as soon as I send a cancellation request, I’ve got a refund.

And I had nearly seven thousand dollars of Kifaru gear. Is that a “fair shake?” But when this kind of thing keeps happening the shake is over. I attempted to try one more time and order this new harness. “Late June/Early July” and people who pre ordered still don’t have them. I own a business and don’t make promises I can’t keep, especially if I’m sitting on a customer’s funds. I wouldn’t expect anyone to give me a “fair shake” if I didn’t keep my promises.

And I haven’t bashed a product. I find it humorous how many are being sold off and how many posts are talking about the flaws. Folks even talking about how maybe the Gen 2 will fix the issues. People putting other system harnesses on and confused why a simple thing like tethers were just left out. But in the end, this is about a customer service issue. Every product I’ve had from them has been great, but no matter how good a product is, there’s someone else making one just as good and keeping their promises. That’s who I will patronize.

So no, the shakes are over. I will never try again and IF I ever own another piece of their gear again, it will be through the secondary market. My loyalty is to my wallet.

But yeah, I need to stop exhausting any more of my energy on their company. Learn my lesson and be thankful for being made to seek out other manufacturers. I’ll check out of this and future Kifaru posts.

Last edited:

renagde

WKR
I tried to give it a “fair shake.” But when I’m told one thing and they do another, I’ll move on as it’s obvious my patronage isn’t important.

I attempted three times to contact them in “early July” to see if there was an update. Twice through their online ticket system and once by phone and left a message. Zero response to any of those. But as soon as I send a cancellation request, I’ve got a refund.

And I had nearly seven thousand dollars of Kifaru gear. Is that a “fair shake?” But when this kind of thing keeps happening the shake is over. I attempted to try one more time and order this new harness. “Late June/Early July” and people who pre ordered still don’t have them. I own a business and don’t make promises I can’t keep, especially if I’m sitting on a customer’s funds. I wouldn’t expect anyone to give me a “fair shake” if I didn’t keep my promises.

And I haven’t bashed a product. I find it humorous how many are being sold off and how many posts are talking about the flaws. Folks even talking about how maybe the Gen 2 will fix the issues. People putting other system harnesses on and confused why a simple thing like tethers were just left out. But in the end, this is about a customer service issue. Every product I’ve had from them has been great, but no matter how good a product is, there’s someone else making one just as good and keeping their promises. That’s who I will patronize.

So no, the shakes are over. I will never try again and IF I ever own another piece of their gear again, it will be through the secondary market. My loyalty is to my wallet.

But yeah, I need to stop exhausting any more of my energy on their company. Learn my lesson and be thankful for being made to seek out other manufacturers. I’ll check out of this and future Kifaru posts.
I completely get that. I was lucky to get mine last week finally. Very frustrating it didn’t ship when promised. But this thread isn’t the place to bash a product that you haven’t even tried. If you want to complain about the ethics and poor customer service you received from Kifaru, start a different thread.

I completely get that. I was lucky to get mine last week finally. Very frustrating it didn’t ship when promised. But this thread isn’t the place to bash a product that you haven’t even tried. If you want to complain about the ethics and poor customer service you received from Kifaru, start a different thread.
Yeah, thanks for the advice. Maybe read again. Nothing bashing a product. And I'll wait for an admin to let me know to take it elsewhere, though I really have nothing left to say.

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Get off the forums and go outside. It'll do most of you complaining about the gear you like, don't like, or wish you had some good. FFS.. Turns out no matter which harness you have, your odds of killing a forkie in the 6 days you actually spend in the woods is around 15%. If you cancelled your order and got something else, go leave a review of it on the topic. I'll read it Sunday evening when i get off the mountain.

Jethro

WKR
While replacing the harness I noticed that there were two positions that the ladder locks (which are slotted btw) could sit in. Mine came in the upper portion. I’ve read complaints about the harness tipping - moving the attachment point to the slot closer to the harness itself should alleviate that.
Thanks for the tip. I would never have thought the ladder locks were slotted. It does help a little with the top tip.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Finally got my shipment notification today. I went from hoping I would be one of the first ones to receive mine three months ago to now wondering if I'll be the last one to get mine. At least I'll have time to try it before leaving for the mountains.

Still waiting, but I’m fine with that, if they could have shipped them all they would have. I have other harnesses, and it’s far more a want than need. Looking forward to it still and not disgruntled 😏

Shorter than historical kifaru waits

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Mine came in today. So far I like it. Never really a fan of velcro but I like it on the back of the pouches to keep them from sliding on the straps. I also think the navigator pocket is a little too wide but better than too small. I don't seem to have the problem of tipping forward others have complained about. After reviews I thought I would put it up for sale quickly after receiving but I'm going to take it on archery elk and then see how I like it.

No shipping yet… If Kifaru isn’t a winner I’ll try the new marsupial when it comes out. My kid needs a harness as well so it could work out.
I’d try the Catamount but no side pockets for milk weed, I’m out.

Thats what the front stretch pockets are for, wind indicators, reads, calls, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I asked about the harness specifically. I was told they were trying to get it out before September but no guarantee.