Kifaru Bino Harness

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Mine arrived. Not sure I’m going to like it as much as my current ACG.
I've tried lots of harnesses and always find myself going back to my AGC. I ordered within hours of the start of the presale. If this one don't do it for me I will sell it for another AGC mine is about worn out. I'm wondering if I should just order a new AGC anyway to be sure I have a dependable harness by Sept.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I haven't seen any RF holders in the wild yet, guessing that's holding up deluxe orders.

No shipping yet… If Kifaru isn’t a winner I’ll try the new marsupial when it comes out. My kid needs a harness as well so it could work out.
I’d try the Catamount but no side pockets for milk weed, I’m out.

wy_will

FNG
Can anyone compare the T&K vs Kifaru vs Marsupial vs Catamount? Mostly interested in T&K vs Kifaru.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Got mine today and I think I’m gonna like it - with some mods.

I got a medium which is fine for about any bino I’ll take hunting it seems. Swallows my SFL 8x40’s so I added a little foam in the bottom.

I did not even try the harness - I immediately swapped over the FHF Air Frame for two reason - bino tethers and no strap twist. Also a very comfortable harness.

While replacing the harness I noticed that there were two positions that the ladder locks (which are slotted btw) could sit in. Mine came in the upper portion. I’ve read complaints about the harness tipping - moving the attachment point to the slot closer to the harness itself should alleviate that. I did that by installing two slotted female buckles there to accommodate the FHF harness. You can see the two positions below:

E1D596BF-C3CF-43FC-B7CF-93F059AE665E.jpeg

Also, the Revic BR4 does not fit in the RF pouch. It will squeeze in and close, but it is far from ideal as it is tough to get out, tough to close, and near impossible to get back in easily. The B4 does fit in the accessory pouch nicely however. I will use it for now until Kifaru releases a larger RF pouch.

Lastly, I’m not going to use the Nav pouch. The FHF E4 pouch will do all the same things at half the weight, and it is a touch narrower so it doesn’t look so weird. The lid will still fold flat against the front. The E4 pouch still looks weird but it is functional, I like having all sorts of sh*t on me for rifle hunts. Will easily carry a phone charger, headlamp, chapstick, eye drops, flagging tape, paracord, lighter, etc.

4D794931-07A6-4471-80EC-DDC73E5AE600.jpeg

CF12E400-0402-4976-B3EF-0AAA7E3214AA.jpeg

2C1BEEDE-50B7-44D6-BD71-BB34E994F036.jpeg

I also really like the internal phone pocket. Closes easily over my iPhone 14 Pro. I’m going to really enjoy that for both western hunting and whitetail hunting, leaving the harness open and having a place to easily swap back and forth from having phone in hand and binos in hand. I’m not sure if I’ll utilize the upper pockets but I’ll play with them some more.

I also tested the buckles under pack strap problem and it was not close to being a problem for me.

Bino pouch and RF pouch are both dead silent in use so no issues there.

In conclusion I think it’s a keeper - with the Air Frame harness most importantly, and if you want to use the Nav pouch then the E4 pouch is a much better option IMO.

renagde

WKR
I've been messing around with mine for the last few days. First opinion was it didn't do anything better than the Marsupial. But the more I wear it, the more I'm a fan. I do wish the Nav pouch wasn't quite so wide. However, I can fit my bipod in it which is a plus. The more I use it, the less I think about how wide it is. The closure system is spot on. Single handed opening and closing on both the bino and range finder pouch. It's silent, secure and less magnets. I also do like the minimalist harness. It's a little more prone to getting tangled but after putting the harness on and off a few times I got the hang of it and I don't mind it. No more hot spots from a thick padded harness.

Fact is, this is the only option for a bino harness that has molle on the front and doesn't use magnets and I think it's a success for Kifaru considering it's their first version.

Got mine in, and while they probably came the closest to unseating the old fhf pro m, I just dont think Ill like another harness as much as the pro m. Im so used to getting the binos in and out even with the back opening closure that its 2nd nature at this point. Probably my last try to unseat the pro m. Ill send these 2 to the classifieds.

Heres a pic of the FHF E3 pouch on the front of a small and its just about perfect, but its not big enough hold a phone like the nav pouch. Probably a perfect add for a guy who liked the pouch on front of the AGC harnesses for extra storage/calls/etc.

As far as fit, heres some Maven B1.2 8x42s in a small. It’s a snug fit, but I imagine once the material breaks in itll be the perfect amount of room. First pic is with the extra foam pad removed, 2nd is with the foam pad at the bottom

Attachments

• IMG_3340.jpeg
    IMG_3340.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3341.jpeg
    IMG_3341.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 58
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Got news today that a bigger RF holder is coming. No time frame, but there is hope.

TheTone

WKR
Got mine in, and while they probably came the closest to unseating the old fhf pro m, I just dont think Ill like another harness as much as the pro m. Im so used to getting the binos in and out even with the back opening closure that its 2nd nature at this point. Probably my last try to unseat the pro m. Ill send these 2 to the classifieds.

Heres a pic of the FHF E3 pouch on the front of a small and its just about perfect, but its not big enough hold a phone like the nav pouch. Probably a perfect add for a guy who liked the pouch on front of the AGC harnesses for extra storage/calls/etc.

As far as fit, heres some Maven B1.2 8x42s in a small. It’s a snug fit, but I imagine once the material breaks in itll be the perfect amount of room. First pic is with the extra foam pad removed, 2nd is with the foam pad at the bottom
That fhf pocket looks great on there.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I received my medium deluxe in the mail yesterday. I used it a bit last night while shooting the bow. So far I like it, but it certainly is not earth-shatteringly better than my Marsupial. I like the small storage pockets and the front pocket for quick phone storage. I may add an FHF E3 on the front, but that is something down the road if I think I need it. Overall I think it is a good design, but maybe not as game-changing as Kifaru made it out to be.

Going to be catch and release for me. Some good features, some not, but deal breaker is the buckle location, it’s right under my pack straps. I tried adjusting several different ways and it still hits right on the buckle.

Well crap. It’s August and I don’t even have a shipping notice. This might be dead before it starts.