Kifaru Bino Harness

I received mine a couple of days ago. I got the deluxe medium. So far I'm really liking it. Adjusts high and tight and easy one handed open and closing of the bino bucket and the RF pouch. I grab the loop on the lid and then use my thumb to kind of push against the back part and it folds right over and "locks" into place. Seems very secure as well. The minimal straps seem to work well. It does come with a piece of foam in the bottom for height adjustment and my Vortex 10x42 go in and out easily and fit well with the foam in the bottom. As mentioned no bino tethers, but I'm probably going to try the the Pro Tether Set from AGC, seems like they will work fine. No issues under a pack either, although I've only just worn it around the yard. I have the K4. The small side pockets could possibly be a little bigger or have more stretch but my oval wind checker fits fine.

Also the Marsupial Gear holster works perfectly on the bottom.

Hope that gives you guys a little more info on it.

Finally got mine in my possession and it has high potential. Can’t find anything I don’t like. Time in the woods will tell, and I will get lots of that shortly

Fit and finish are great on mine, like everything I have had from kifaru

Really like the pocket mounting system, nothing floppy, nothing moves, and the lining will never get loud. Seems well thought out like I expected from them

I received my rangefinder and accessory pouch yesterday. Got the RF pouch attached, doubt I'll put on the other pouch. I think its a good set up. I like the sleeve pocket in front but haven't found much use for the pockets on bottom side of lid. Only had RF pouch on for about 2 dozen shots but seem ok. Solid, no slip. Of course have to come up with tether.

Don't think its going to pass my SG for the #1 spot for archery, but may use it rifle season. For me the SG is more compact and just hugs my chest better.

I received my rangefinder and accessory pouch yesterday. Got the RF pouch attached, doubt I'll put on the other pouch. I think its a good set up. I like the sleeve pocket in front but haven't found much use for the pockets on bottom side of lid. Only had RF pouch on for about 2 dozen shots but seem ok. Solid, no slip. Of course have to come up with tether.

Don't think its going to pass my SG for the #1 spot for archery, but may use it rifle season. For me the SG is more compact and just hugs my chest better.
I liked the concept of the stone glacier, but despised it in use. I really wanted to like it because I liked the actual part that holds binos a lot, but hated the harness in terms of how it rides and comfort. On me, it’s the only harness out of many that made my binos feel heavy and actually cause some discomfort

I really wanted it to work, it’s a cool harness

I liked the concept of the stone glacier, but despised it in use. I really wanted to like it because I liked the actual part that holds binos a lot, but hated the harness in terms of how it rides and comfort. On me, it’s the only harness out of many that made my binos feel heavy and actually cause some discomfort

I really wanted it to work, it’s a cool harness
I just rigged mine up with a RY harness. Had to mod it but so far I like it.

I thought about g hooks but the open end makes me nervous. Let us what you think.
Actually works really slick. A single g hook is much shorter than have a male and female buckler so it places it further front. Also, it's skinny so it fits snug against you. I don't have any strap issues now. I just had some cheap metal g hooks laying around, I think I'm going to try to find some nicer ones, possibly with gatekeepers so I don't have to worry about my straps coming loose.

I’ve used a Marsupial buckle delete (gatekeeper) on one side and a G-hook on the other for a while now on various harnesses. Keep the gatekeeper always closed, G-hook makes for easy on/off but doesn’t come off on its own.

Not sure if these are for 1" or 3/4" webbing but this would be slick.

Actually works really slick. A single g hook is much shorter than have a male and female buckler so it places it further front. Also, it's skinny so it fits snug against you. I don't have any strap issues now. I just had some cheap metal g hooks laying around, I think I'm going to try to find some nicer ones, possibly with gatekeepers so I don't have to worry about my straps coming loose.
The length is why I thought of the gatekeeper. You only need one side. I may have to try the hybrid method. Still looking for a great harness.

That's the one reason I have not bought this bino harness is because of everyone complaining about how it rubs under the backpack shoulder straps, looks like this fixes that issue?

It didn’t rub for me as-is in its original form but was close. I could see interference having been an issue with minimal layers and losing the few lbs I do when on a backpack hunt. This should easily eliminate all worry of that. And it drops a little weight from it as well.

Back