Japan made Burris Signature HD latest model selling for $207 on Amazon

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
it is hard to beat for the price the monarch even if made in china.
nikon canada replaced me 2 pairs that gave up but i used them a lot while in bad conditions in northern quebec and now home here in the yukon. i got monarch and i doubt those great burris can do better but it is great to read you review. thank you
Well I personally had a not so pleasant experience with the head honcho over at NIKON USA regarding their 7 year limited NIKON USA warranty which only applies to the ORIGINAL OWNER with valid dated proof of purchase receipt and only if purchased from authorized NIKON USA dealers and important to know that open box models or dealer demo models DO NOT have any warranty whatsoever according to NIKON USA. If the dated proof of purchase receipt says demo or open box sale there's NO WARRANTY.

I even asked a hypothetical question what if purchased from places such as Cameraland in NY as a discounted open box demo and the Nikon head guy said no warranty box must be brand new sealed never sold prior and returned restocked and resold otherwise ZERO WARRANTY.

Also NO WARRANTY for second owners who bought NIKON Binoculars second hand either. Their 7 year warranty only covers their original owners and are NOT TRANSFERABLE.

He even couldn't give me a ballpark repair quote either given several scenarios and said has to be sent in then they charge by the hour to even look at damaged or defective Nikon items not covered by original owner 7 year warranty then charge for parts and labor and you have to pay them just to give you an estimate for repair whether you have then do the repairs or not essentially you have to pay otherwise they won't return your Nikon back either way it's ridiculous.

I USED TO BE A FAN OF NIKON BUT CAN NO LONGER RECOMMEND BUYING NIKON BRAND WHEN YOU CAN BUY FROM OTHER BRANDS WITH HASSLE FREE NO QUESTIONS ASKED LIFETIME WARRANTY INSTEAD NO REGISTRATION NO RECEIPT REQUIRED AND TRANSFERRABLE TO AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF OWNERS.

The guy at Nikon USA really was a prick over the phone as thought he had something stuck up his ass. No joke. It's as though his job was to make you steer clear from buying Nikon brand the way he explained the not covered under warranty scenarios and their extremely strict warranty requirements. I had totally opposite phone interaction with Vortex so friendly welcoming free everything return label free shipping you name it free hat and stickers too. Leupold too sent free accessories lost no questions asked and lost package they sent replacement no questions asked totally free while Nikon and other companies such as Bushnell and EVEN Maven cough cough charges for every little damn thing.

I was actually thinking buying a used
Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 for what I thought was a good deal at $475 and called Nikon USA to inquire on the warranty transfer and immediately got shut up shut down about it slapped in the face over the phone about it. Man it's a relatively huge gamble on paying that much for expensive Binoculars with zero warranty support even from the company itself without even knowing estimated cost of repairs since they're already zero warranty purchased used.

If buying used Nikons for under $100 then it's not too bad just like buying generic ScoopX UHD without warranty anyways or even the Meade Masterclass PRO still very iffy with only very short 2 year non transferrable warranty original owner only with valid proof of purchase receipt only from authorized Meade dealers.

I bet most people don't even realize Nikons have no warranty when buying used or new from not one of their authorized Nikon dealers.

Last edited:

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
well that is not the experience i had but you did not have to get a service or warranty replacement you were wondering in case but again they did not service my old used monarch3 but replaced by monarch 5 so under warranty.

i was a pro photographer many decades ago in europe and never had an issue with their services as well cant say the same about minolta.

what we do know is that nikon usa was scared of anti hunting movements and removed first their scopes and now shrinking their scope lines.

i will stop using them when they will stop to work and if they re not willing to honour their lifetime warranty that we have in canada.

bobco

FNG
I just sent my Nikon M511 in for service recently, they replaced the outer rubber and installed new lenses that I had scratched up., I don't have a receipt and have sent these in before and they replaced the eyepieces, never a problem and no charge. They told me lifetime warranty on Nikon Bino. Years ago i had a pair of burris Binos, really liked them until they stopped working, Burris at that time got out of the bino business and left me high and dry. Not a Burris fan boy after that! I think Nikon and everybody has to give lifetime warranty's anymore because of vortex influence.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair in my cart yesterday and almost pulled the trigger. They are back up to $800 now.
$535.99 down again for the 15x56s I'm buying at least one of them plus two of the 10x42s for $210.49.

grackle45

FNG
After comparing the Swarovski NLPURE 8x42 VS Burris Signature HD 8x42 (which I paid $207 and change plus tax for the first one) I can say the Swarovski is not worth 17x the price I paid for the Burris. I kinda regret buying the NLPure after comparing them both just based on price difference and according to my eyes it's not really night and day difference in regards to clarity and the Burris has a little more pop to it believe it or not. The colors look really dull and muted looking through the Swarovski while the Burris looks more colorful. If this is normal then my eyes apparently don't like Swarovski.
Dang, that's unfortunate to hear after seeing how people usually love Swarovski products. Never meet your heroes I guess. Whats the better deal between the SwoopX and Burris? I've got the budget for better but it doesn't sound like its worth it.

The better deal is forever warranty. SwoopX goes bad throw them in the garbage. Burris goes bad you send them in and they either repair them or send you a new pair.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
The better deal is forever warranty. SwoopX goes bad throw them in the garbage. Burris goes bad you send them in and they either repair them or send you a new pair.
That's true however I had recommend the ScoopX UHDs when they were selling for $65 on eBay considering they got no unconditional unlimited lifetime warranty support anymore if purchased from Amazon or eBay but if you buy them direct from Gosky's website for $299.99 you get a lifetime warranty through Gosky. For me, logically, I'd rather spend the same amount of money buying 4 or 5 of them from eBay without a warranty instead of paying $299.99 for them direct from Gosky with a lifetime warranty because it cost additional money to pay to ship and insure to send in for warranty while I have my own in house lifetime warranty no need to pay to ship anything and had the first ones since December used then almost every day constantly comparing to other brands of Binoculars I constantly keep on buying on a regular basis and have had no issues yet so far and quality in construction looks just like a Midas UHD Gen 2 but with superior glass and with added field flatteners that doesn't make me feel dizzy and nauseous like the Cronus UHD Gen 2s make me feel. Just think of the ScoopX UHDs as an improved lighter weight Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 without a lifetime warranty.

You're really missing out if you never even actually looked through a ScoopX UHD. They're better than the Nikon Monarch M7 and in between the M7 and Monarch HG and also in between Vortex Viper HD and Razor HD level of glass.

Now that the eBay ScoopX UHD prices got jacked up to $99 plus $18.60 shipping I'd rather recommend buying a Bushnell Legacy WP Porro Prism 10x50 for $104.99 direct from Bushnell or from Amazon used in very good condition for $69.77. Don't diss this one unless you actually owned one of these. I use this one almost every day too just to compare with other way higher priced incoming Binoculars and they are absolutely incredible actually unbelievable for the miniscule price they charge. Way better than the Nikon Action Extreme EX and without the yellowish tint the Nikon's have. It's currently my favorite cheapest $100 name brand Binoculars so far. I recently compared them to a 10x50 Vortex Viper HD and they were very close with the Legacy having way more pop and 3d effect. They also have more pop and 3d effect than even the ScoopX UHDs. Only negative is rather large and kind of on the heavy side plus Bushnell iffy warranty practices. And have to send them $10 along with these Binoculars if you need to use Bushnell's 20 year lifetime warranty for this one according to the included paperwork.

grackle45

FNG
That's true however I had recommend the ScoopX UHDs when they were selling for $65 on eBay considering they got no unconditional unlimited lifetime warranty support anymore if purchased from Amazon or eBay but if you buy them direct from Gosky's website for $299.99 you get a lifetime warranty through Gosky. For me, logically, I'd rather spend the same amount of money buying 4 or 5 of them from eBay without a warranty instead of paying $299.99 for them direct from Gosky with a lifetime warranty because it cost additional money to pay to ship and insure to send in for warranty while I have my own in house lifetime warranty no need to pay to ship anything and had the first ones since December used then almost every day constantly comparing to other brands of Binoculars I constantly keep on buying on a regular basis and have had no issues yet so far and quality in construction looks just like a Midas UHD Gen 2 but with superior glass and with added field flatteners that doesn't make me feel dizzy and nauseous like the Cronus UHD Gen 2s make me feel. Just think of the ScoopX UHDs as an improved lighter weight Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 without a lifetime warranty.

You're really missing out if you never even actually looked through a ScoopX UHD. They're better than the Nikon Monarch M7 and in between the M7 and Monarch HG and also in between Vortex Viper HD and Razor HD level of glass.

Now that the eBay ScoopX UHD prices got jacked up to $99 plus $18.60 shipping I'd rather recommend buying a Bushnell Legacy WP Porro Prism 10x50 for $104.99 direct from Bushnell or from Amazon used in very good condition for $69.77. Don't diss this one unless you actually owned one of these. I use this one almost every day too just to compare with other way higher priced incoming Binoculars and they are absolutely incredible actually unbelievable for the miniscule price they charge. Way better than the Nikon Action Extreme EX and without the yellowish tint the Nikon's have. It's currently my favorite cheapest $100 name brand Binoculars so far. I recently compared them to a 10x50 Vortex Viper HD and they were very close with the Legacy having way more pop and 3d effect. They also have more pop and 3d effect than even the ScoopX UHDs. Only negative is rather large and kind of on the heavy side plus Bushnell iffy warranty practices. And have to send them $10 along with these Binoculars if you need to use Bushnell's 20 year lifetime warranty for this one according to the included paperwork.
Thats a lot of warranty talk. How often do these cheaper binos break compared to $1k competitors?

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Thats a lot of warranty talk. How often do these cheaper binos break compared to $1k competitors?
No idea honestly I've only used the oldest one I have for 4 months so far. Construction looks very similar to all of my Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2s so I'd think as often as the Athlons would break? But the Athlons must be $429 overpriced Binoculars since they're also made in China most likely coming from the very same factory based on physical appearance and overall feel if this is the case and what you are implying.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Today I compared the Burris Signature HD 8x42s to my Maven B3 10x30s and the Burris was sharper. Both made in Japan.

I've decided I don't like the Maven B3s anymore because I also compared them to my way cheaper $125 SVBONY SV202 8x32s and these much cheaper Chinese ones actually look clearer SMH... And of course the ScoopX UHDs were also clearer than the Mavens and TWO out of the THREE the Burris Signature HDs and the clearest burris tied with the ScoopX UHDs but the clearest Burris had noticeable chromatic aberration under high contrast situations. And the ScoopX UHDs had more pop than all these tested against.

Bushnell Legacy WP 10x50 Porro Prism $105 direct from Bushnell or cheaper on Amazon fared quite well in this mix and had very noticeable pop and 3d effect in fact the most pop among all of these including the ScoopX UHDs. If you've never even looked through one of these, you really should. They're insanely good.

Athlon Midas ED Gen 1 kinda junk in this comparison yellow tint in the glass I really hate just like Nikon Action Extreme EX 8x and above yellow tint in the glass. It's not even in the same league as the ScoopX UHDs or the Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2s. Wasted my money on this one for sure. The $100 Bushnell is WAY BETTER.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried ZeroTech?
They're way overpriced stripped down Athlons actually my friend has some of them wouldn't doubt they too come from the same factory as Athlon and Scoopx.

They have really nice aluminum lens covers though just like the high end overpriced Chinese Hawkes better than Tenebraex. Also they're an Australian company buying from China so regarding warranty not sure if they have an actual USA warranty repair center or if have to ship overseas for repairs.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
They're way overpriced stripped down Athlons actually my friend has some of them wouldn't doubt they too come from the same factory as Athlon and Scoopx.

They have really nice aluminum lens covers though just like the high end overpriced Chinese Hawkes better than Tenebraex. Also they're an Australian company buying from China so regarding warranty not sure if they have an actual USA warranty repair center or if have to ship overseas for repairs.
Have you tried these? I'm intrigued with the sale price and feradyne owns many big hunting brands
https://www.feradyne.com/product/8x42-binoculars/

grackle45

FNG
Today I compared the Burris Signature HD 8x42s to my Maven B3 10x30s and the Burris was sharper. Both made in Japan.

I've decided I don't like the Maven B3s anymore because I also compared them to my way cheaper $125 SVBONY SV202 8x32s and these much cheaper Chinese ones actually look clearer SMH... And of course the ScoopX UHDs were also clearer than the Mavens and TWO out of the THREE the Burris Signature HDs and the clearest burris tied with the ScoopX UHDs but the clearest Burris had noticeable chromatic aberration under high contrast situations. And the ScoopX UHDs had more pop than all these tested against.

Bushnell Legacy WP 10x50 Porro Prism $105 direct from Bushnell or cheaper on Amazon fared quite well in this mix and had very noticeable pop and 3d effect in fact the most pop among all of these including the ScoopX UHDs. If you've never even looked through one of these, you really should. They're insanely good.

Athlon Midas ED Gen 1 kinda junk in this comparison yellow tint in the glass I really hate just like Nikon Action Extreme EX 8x and above yellow tint in the glass. It's not even in the same league as the ScoopX UHDs or the Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2s. Wasted my money on this one for sure. The $100 Bushnell is WAY BETTER.
The porro binoculars are a little big for my liking. Is there any pint in going over $200 on roof prisms if the NL pure aren't even that good? I'm really wondering why all the hype if cheaper options are that close. I've got a elk/deer hunt this year and the guide said to buy the best I can afford, then come on here for research and hearing the opposite basically, so confused.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
If I was unable to clearly differentiate between $3000 Swaros and $200 Burris binoculars, I would buy the Burris and never look back.

mtnwkr

FNG
I've got a elk/deer hunt this year and the guide said to buy the best I can afford, then come on here for research and hearing the opposite basically, so confused.
Keep in mind you're only hearing the opposite from one man out of many thousands.

he_lives

FNG
I've got a elk/deer hunt this year and the guide said to buy the best I can afford, then come on here for research and hearing the opposite basically, so confused.

Like @mtnwkr said, this thread is primarily one person's opinion.

I bought a pair of these Burris binoculars and they seem to be quality binoculars. That said they seem similar, to a decade old pair of chinese made Nikon Monarch's that have bounced around in my bino harness for hundreds of miles. They are not noticeably better or worse, and i'd have a hard time believing that high end glass wouldn't outperform them.

If you have the desire and means to buy more expensive glass, I think it's a great investment that you won't regret. If you're looking for a pair of binoculars in the $200 to $300 dollar range, these Burris binoculars seem like a good buy at the sale price.

As with anything, I'd try a few pairs side by side, preferably in simulated hunting conditions (low light especially) and see what looks best to your eye.

I think what I find confusion is that these binos are so expensive normally, but their specs are so ordinary. They look pretty good though, especially for the price.

I will say that I’m getting strange vibes from the original poster. Something is really off about the language he uses and a lot of other things. Be careful…

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I think what I find confusion is that these binos are so expensive normally, but their specs are so ordinary. They look pretty good though, especially for the price.

I will say that I’m getting strange vibes from the original poster. Something is really off about the language he uses and a lot of other things. Be careful…
Most binoculars specs are ordinary. glass, coatings and construction doesn't show up in the spec sheet. The swaros are the best binoculars and what all others are compared too but you also pay for it. These Burris are amazing for the price on sale but not equal to 1k dollar binos like the Maven b series, meoptas or others in that class. The Burris are much better then the 200 dollar vortex the average guy has however

Last edited: