Its that time of year 2023 fitness goals

june was good to me. definatly have my knee progressing the right direction. ended up going the physical therapist route. i was close on the exercises i thought i needed but they helped really focus on my weak points. everything is on par strength wise minus the lateral movements are lacking. ended up with 190 ish miles running in june. i did complete my 38 mile "fun run". that went ver y well. but aid stations could be more effecient and ive come up with a new plan there. my 50 miler is this saturday which is my "A" goal for the year.
after that its time to really focus on shooting my bow and mix in some pack hikes for archery mule deer, and shift running to a maintain/secondary focus. I also signed up for the Canyons 100K next year so i can keep that in the back of my mind to help stay ready.

After battling some foot issues due to crap shoes (damn you fleet feet) I got myself back into action.

I hit the bike hard during June due to not running as much and ended up with just over 700 bike miles. Also clocked 11 miles of swimming. Total run miles was down to just 65 but i didn’t run the last few weeks.

So far in July I’m on pace for 100 miles running and 1000 miles on the bike.

twall13

WKR
July was a pretty good month for me. I'm still recovering a bit from my knee scope but I've gradually started working in a few trail runs here and there. It will probably be another month or two of leaning heavily on the mountain bike before I get more consistent with the trail runs. Mountain Biking has gotten me a bit ahead of schedule, but it feels like cheating compared to getting most of my miles via trail running in previous years. I have an archery mule deer hunt coming up later this month so I'm looking forward to getting into the high country. I hope everyone else is feeling great and ready for hunting seasons to begin. Here's where I'm at for the year.

Trail Running Miles- 300
Hiking Miles- 169
Mtn. Biking Miles- 538
Total Trail Miles- 1,007 of 1,600 goal for the year
Total Elevation Gain- 156,000 of 250,000 goal for the year
1b75534ccbc5bb93820defb66c9daa17.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ good work!

July was pretty good for me, 155 miles for the month (1204 for the year)- most of those miles w/ a 45-55 lb pack. I missed a few strength sessions, but did a 4 day canoe trip on the Smith River- well worth missing a few workouts :)

It's go time for me, heading to Alaska in just a few days for a Dall sheep hunt :)

TCccQTU.jpg

u44T6ne.jpg

IQt10H3.jpg

twall13

WKR
^ good work!

July was pretty good for me, 155 miles for the month (1204 for the year)- most of those miles w/ a 45-55 lb pack. I missed a few strength sessions, but did a 4 day canoe trip on the Smith River- well worth missing a few workouts :)

It's go time for me, heading to Alaska in just a few days for a Dall sheep hunt :)

TCccQTU.jpg

u44T6ne.jpg

IQt10H3.jpg
Nice work, and good luck on that AK hunt!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

July went well for me, i completed my forst 50 miler in 8:43. Took 5th overall so i was happy ablut that, total running miles was 138 and started some weighted hikes/walks. Backed off on miles to recover, i smoked my quads pretty bad on the 50. Heading out on a scouting trip next week and hunting sept 2nd. The seasons finally here!

twall13

WKR
I competed in my first ever triathlon this past week.

Did and Olympic distance. 0.9mile swim, 24 mile bike and a 6.2 mile run.

It was awful. I nearly drowned, almost quit 3x.

But i finished. I wasn’t last but I was damn close to it!!
I'd have to work up to the swimming on that. I fear I'd cramp up and drown as I don't float very well... Well done.

I'd have to work up to the swimming on that. I fear I'd cramp up and drown as I don't float very well... Well done.

I don’t float well at all. Swimming is a struggle on a good day.

But 4 months ago I couldn’t swim 25 yards.

Now I can swim (almost) a mile.

Way to not die and finish it out!

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider

Good stuff here! Triathlon is my sport of choice. Heading to Finland for the Ironman 70.3 World Champs in a couple weeks! Was hoping to go sub 4:30 at the 70.3 distance this year, but had a nasty wreck on my gravel bike 6 weeks ago and training has suffered. Going to have fun at this point!

Plan to get better mobility and focus on strength training over the off season. No trips out west this fall for me.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Hit the Gym tonight. Didn’t like what the scales said . Decided I need to be more strict
Chest and Tricep work out tonight
15 min on the stationary bike

Tomorrow’s Jiu jitsu
Followed by back and biceps then going to do a 3 mile walk with a 10lb pack

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well August is in the books; 140 miles (1344 miles for the year)- probably my lowest month this year, BUT not the easiest. 12 wonderful days in the Brooks Range and harvested my first sheep (hoping for a Bighorn here before I croak!).

I strength trained last Sunday, the only strength session of the entire month- and did it feel like it (still sore!). Going to get back to my Wendler routine twice a week, at least until the end of October when our elk season opens.

VyAIshT.jpg

AwxcR46.jpg

YG1QonP.jpg

twall13

WKR
Nice job! Congrats on the sheep!

Here's my update.

Trail running miles- 310
Hiking miles- 209
Mtn. Biking Miles- 623
Total trail Miles- 1,142 of 1,600 goal for the year
Total elevation gain- 178,000 of 250,000 goal for the year

I have way more mountain biking and way less trail running miles than normal but with the knee issues I've had I'm okay with that. I'm running again at least once per week but I'll be lucky to crack 500 miles of running for the year.

I got a backpacking trip with my boys in before school started and some mule deer hunting as well. I haven't been able to notch my tag yet, but I'm not done yet.
3d217d2a7b8ddbce4195aeefe00fb82c.jpg
ee42471107e55099c854f880803fff0e.jpg
d162fb6f20160ab68040235025b5095f.jpg
1a8d4b2ce4c517ec0cfe200efb183901.jpg

marcymcee

FNG
Trying to loose 40 pounds to be finally at my ideal weight at about 140 pounds.
Exercising about 5 times a week
2 times soccer and 3 times weight training
Possibly starting to run (I hate it)
Hopefully get same hikes in with a 30lbs pound bag.
And the worst of all, count calories and stay at about 1600 cals daily with mostly protein. About (160 g) for me daily

It’s going to be a long road!