Is Rokslide a Cult? Is Fishnet Form the RokLeader?

Who is The Cult’s Supreme Leader

• Fishnet Form

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • Billy Goat, King of the Memes

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • “Big Buck” Bobby Denning

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • “Lyin Bryan” A-Very, aka “Pink Crocs”

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters

Hnthrdr

WKR
You kids are dorks. You do know you can shoot rocks and coyotes this time of year....
So true… 3rd set in yesterday… being a big dummy and don’t set up well. Had a monster mountain yote just about run me over… comes screaming in on my left I spin and rush a shot as he is peaceing out at 15 yards and then I get to watch him disappear into the gulch and never get another shot

Hnthrdr

WKR
A cult, no. Cult like in some respects, yes.

I say that not because of any particular belief pushed on here. But for someone new with different opinions, you stick a sacred cow and suddenly one hears a certain line of rebuttal. It often comes hard, fast and from many places. Suspect most FNG that receive it feel a bit attacked, and often respond as such.

It's generally from an acolyte (s), not the originator of said opinion, initially. FNG responds, feels attacked, more pile on, OP may chime in, and FNG often says I’m out. Ya, that’s cult like. I’ve watched it many times. And no, I'm not going to point anyone to examples or show pictures, lol, refer to the 2nd sentence of the 2nd paragraph.

Is it a problem, not really. It‘s simply the culture here. Every forum I’ve seen has a culture with characters to match. Can it give someone not engaged in the forum/conversation the feeling it's a cult, yeppers. Would it be better to have more holding of hands, campfire songs, rainbows and unicorns, when these topics surface with a FNG, probably. But then I'd have to throw up or find another forum.

Need an edit. I forgot to respond to the Fishnet Form Leader query. I’d say nope. Don’t know the man, but he has answered every question I’ve ever asked him, and they have held up. I suspect the last thing he’d want to be is a leader trying to herd a bunch of armed cats running all around. Just a guess. As in all things, often wrong, never in doubt.
On another forum, a guy was asking about 6.5CM for Mule deer. Instantly “need more” gets brought up, horrible caliber for elk, barely enough for deer ect… then dudes are saying get a 6.5 prc… I try to bring up why would a deer care if it’s a CM or a PRC which is firing the same projectile at maybe a few fps faster and the FUDDs pile on haha

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
On another forum, a guy was asking about 6.5CM for Mule deer. Instantly “need more” gets brought up, horrible caliber for elk, barely enough for deer ect… then dudes are saying get a 6.5 prc… I try to bring up why would a deer care if it’s a CM or a PRC which is firing the same projectile at maybe a few fps faster and the FUDDs pile on haha

Where does this thread exist? Think we could get a group in there advocating for 6mm instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
Where does this thread exist? Think we could get a group in there advocating for 6mm instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monstermuleys … it’s a decent spot for pictures, but fuddlored to the max

OP
ndlawrence
Same fudds that scream CM won’t kill probably have now problem with a PRC at 300yds with same bullet and impact velocity 🤔

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
Well, apparently you will get banned from the aforementioned sites if you start a thread on rockslide saying you don't care for a product sold by said sites and you are asking for others experience with alternatives. So, it must be a cult?

Tmac

WKR
The nameless faceless internet makes it real easy to pile it on like a tough guy. Human nature I guess, but tiresome.

Hnthrdr

WKR
The nameless faceless internet makes it real easy to pile it on like a tough guy. Human nature I guess, but tiresome.
I don’t fight back too much, what’s the point, I’m not going to change their minds I said my piece and let it slide… I do get a kick out of it though

I had a guy at a gun store tell me that 185 Berger Juggernauts explode in flight before they hit the paper.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
I’ve heard similar on a different hunting forum, but it was that Berger tested different jacket thicknesses in Their hunting lineup, and their thinner prototypes had issues with spinning apart in the air at certain RPMs. That’s the sort of story that probably gets more common and catastrophic with each retelling.

I think it's a little culty in regards to a couple topics such as droptested scopes where (as a couple of the admins have said) people are just parroting the tests without taking THEIR own system's reliability seriously. Having said that, it's a refreshingly forward-thinking group when it comes to hunting gear/strategies which I really like. I believe this forum is a great source of state-of-the-art information on a lot of things.

I think it's a little culty in regards to a couple topics such as droptested scopes where (as a couple of the admins have said) people are just parroting the tests without taking THEIR own system's reliability seriously. Having said that, it's a refreshingly forward-thinking group when it comes to hunting gear/strategies which I really like. I believe this forum is a great source of state-of-the-art information on a lot of things.

We should all aspire to have a reliable rifle system such as "Barrett 6x mq holding zero" on YouTube

I’ve heard similar on a different hunting forum, but it was that Berger tested different jacket thicknesses in Their hunting lineup, and their thinner prototypes had issues with spinning apart in the air at certain RPMs. That’s the sort of story that probably gets more common and catastrophic with each retelling.

Berger used to not have separate target and hunting lines. My understanding is most of their bullet jackets were closer to the hunting line than the current target line. The target line up was indeed created due to jacket/bullet failure occurring prior to hitting a target. Fast twists and hot bores from long strings is hard on bullet jackets so they use thicker jackets on the target lineup. Here's the 2009 press release on it: https://bergerbullets.com/berger-line-split/

Be interesting to know how much of the confusion is due to the people hearing a story not understanding bullet jacket failure vs how the story was told to them.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
Probably the same guys that say that BH-tipped arrows will bounce off an elk at 100 yards.
Absolutely… I always want to follow it up with: why don’t you stand out there at 100 and hold a piece of elk hide up and see if the theory holds true