Is Rokslide a Cult? Is Fishnet Form the RokLeader?

Who is The Cult’s Supreme Leader

• Fishnet Form

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • Billy Goat, King of the Memes

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • “Big Buck” Bobby Denning

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • “Lyin Bryan” A-Very, aka “Pink Crocs”

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
According to various places (LRO, 24hrCF) it is.

Decent number of people on both sites whining about The Cult’s view on the elephant caliber (.223) and aiming devices. Apparently, Form is a paid shill that uses his squirrel gun to wound every species in NA, while The Cult’s members blindly follow him, continually wounding animals while their freezers are depleted.

I was initially surprised to see Jeff @ LRO regard Rokslide as fallen like the Roman Empire. Many seem to view Rokslide as the place with no diversity of thought, where opposing ideas are edited out by an army of 4,000 foreigners spending every second of each day ensuring that The Cult’s view isn’t challenged. Of course, the irony lies in a thread questions the elephant gun’s use on big game, where one view point was completely removed before the thread was locked. What says you?

kkp005

WKR
I’ve been on pretty much all the forums and this is the one I feel like I’ve learned the most from. Pretty much the only forum I visit now. But I shoot short suppressed tikkas, TMK’s, trijicons and mavens…. So maybe I’m compromised from drinking the cult koolaid

kickemall

WKR
I don't care. I read the info. from this site and others and use what I find to work and disregard the rest. To each their own. I value Form and Ryan's opinion and I value Broz's over on LRO. No reason to bash folks just because their experiences are different than yours. Hunt and shoot however works for you.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Snipershide is comp shooter cancer, LRO is fuddworld, LRH is fuddworld, Rokslide is normal serious hunters.

Formidilosus is a polarizing admin. But there's a lot of ridiculous ideology in shooting and hunting that has existed for too long for no reason.

Swamp Fox

WKR
According to various places (LRO, 24hrCF) it is.

Decent number of people on both sites whining about The Cult’s view on the elephant caliber (.223) and aiming devices. Apparently, Form is a paid shill that uses his squirrel gun to wound every species in NA, while The Cult’s members blindly follow him, continually wounding animals while their freezers are depleted.

I was initially surprised to see Jeff @ LRO regard Rokslide as fallen like the Roman Empire. Many seem to view Rokslide as the place with no diversity of thought, where opposing ideas are edited out by an army of 4,000 foreigners spending every second of each day ensuring that The Cult’s view isn’t challenged. Of course, the irony lies in a thread questions the elephant gun’s use on big game, where one view point was completely removed before the thread was locked. What says you?

This thread is worthless without links ...

LOL

Maverick1

WKR
  1. Been a member here since 2013.
  2. Purchased my first Tikka in 2000 - - - everyone is just starting to catch on.
  3. Don't own a .223.
  4. Purchased my first set of fishnet baselayers last year and they worked really well, especially with heated Pnuma gear over the top.

Matt5266

WKR
This is the only forum or social media for that matter I use. I've scoured several but this is the only one I feel like most provide proof for their statements and give good overall general advise. Your always going to have the "to each their own" but in general there is always a consensus that tracks. I appreciate everyones brutal honesty. Although I am a glutton for punishment....just shoot me straight I dont care, not many feelings here to hurt. Just be honest. That's what this group is and I respect that.

Geewhiz

WKR
I like this forum because there is a fair bit of traffic here and a single thread doesn’t sit at the top for 2 days before another member logs in and comments. Also there’s a lot of focus on all different types of gear, which is cool.

And it seams as though there’s not too many libs. Another hunting forum I browse semi regularly is (I’m learning) much more left-leaning than I ever realized and it’s really starting to chap my azz.

Plus, people here seam to have a bit thicker skin about all kinds of various topics so there’s not whiney little b*****s in every thread, which is nice.

Mods are great too which is a factoid that deserves to be noted.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
There is a thread on the fire whining about Form. They linked a 2013 thread as evidence of him being full of bull. The way some referenced it, I though I was going to agree and it was a tall tail. I read it, and while there may have been an error in perception or two (hey, I have thought 7 inch bear tracks were 9 without a ruler), it really was not a tall tail and is more evidence for his confidence and consistency.

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
Tell you what, when it came to the sliding down the cliff part of the story, I was really hoping he was gonna be saved by the SWFA 6MQ turret digging and stopping the slide.

I also appreciate here that people try things out. And that a huge focus is backpack hunting. I find lots of others forums the idea of being away from a vehicle with only a backpack is unthinkable.

xsn10s

WKR
A cult? I wouldn't say that. An echo chamber? Some threads are, but then all the forums have that trait. I was pretty disappointed with one of the threads on the other sites. I consider myself a student of terminal performance for decades. I worked in the firearms industry as a firearms trainer, ammunition development/ manufacturing, and firearms testing. So though I wouldn't necessarily do all the hunting with say a .223/ 5.56 I'm pretty impressed with some of the results I've seen on here. I've seen negative things on all the forums. I just move on to the next forum and take a break. I move forward with finding new data, not the drama.