Is my Grouse gun legal in Colorado?

I think it's fine, but I want to be 1000% sure. I called CPW and they looked up the general info which I already knew then gave me the GW's number and I left him a VM but it states there may be extended periods before he can return the call. What I'm worried about is the CO "assault weapons" ban that recently passed and some lingo from that. My 22lr pistol has a 10 round detachable magazine and a threaded barrel (I do plan to use a suppressor) which in some literature the combination seems to lead to a banned firearm in CO. I can also bring a rifle with all the same details if that's somehow better but the pistol would be more convenient.

If/when I get a call back from the GW I'll also update the thread with any response. I'm probably overthinking it, but I don't like to fall into gray areas if I can help it and I don't HAVE to shoot grouse so can always leave it at home.

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
What literature are you finding that makes you think that combination would be illegal? 10+1 threaded pistol is legal all day in Colorado, with or without a suppressor. Now if you plan to hunt grouse on the 16st Mall in Denver you might have a problem.

PassCreek

FNG
I didn't think the most recent bill passed, surprisingly. CO does have a 15 round mag limit from a bill that passed a long time ago. Your Grouse gun should be fine. Let us know if the game warden says different.

OP
ScreamingPotato
What literature are you finding that makes you think that combination would be illegal? 10+1 threaded pistol is legal all day in Colorado, with or without a suppressor. Now if you plan to hunt grouse on the 16st Mall in Denver you might have a problem.
I may have been reading the proposed bill that's not in place, but there was something about the combination of a detachable magazine AND a threaded barrel. Hopefully that didn't pass. I don't have a link, it was something I was looking into a couple months ago and had decided to call about and procrastinated.

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I may have been reading the proposed bill that's not in place, but there was something about the combination of a detachable magazine AND a threaded barrel. Hopefully that didn't pass. I don't have a link, it was something I was looking into a couple months ago and had decided to call about and procrastinated.
That bill didn't pass, and there was an exemption essentially grandfathering in ownership before the effective date.

Here is the most relevant statute
Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 3.04.31 PM.png
source
definitions of above
Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 3.02.59 PM.png
Source https://cbi.colorado.gov/sites/cbi/files/C.R.S. 18-12-101.pdf

Someone mentioned the 15 capacity, here's the text for interpretation...

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 2.54.14 PM.png
source https://cbi.colorado.gov/sites/cbi/files/18-12-302.pdf

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
Ah yeah I think I remember that. I believe @5MilesBack is correct.