Influencing voters

CorbLand

WKR
Them signs make pretty good duck silhouettes.

NO!
They get used all the time at the university I work at. I went and asked the printing place what they do with the old ones? Unfortunately, it’s the responsibility of whoever had them made to dispose of them so it’s hard to track them down.

Duck silhouettes was what I wanted them for.

IDVortex

WKR
No, it doesn't influence me. If something is said I didn't know about ill look into it though. But I also don't jump on the political bandwagons. Needless to say, both my conservative and liberal sides of the family don't like me at family gatherings.

No!!! The closest I have come to finding the useful was 1) my hunting partner gave me one of his signs when he retired and I use it when I crawl under the cat, 2) a number of elections ago, one of the candidates failed to remove one of her signs and I have used the backboard at my shooting range for 10 or 12 years.

No, but they definitely have made me research something further (if I wasn't aware something was up for a vote) or discuss an issue/candidate with someone.

Yes, I was believing all the media propaganda about Mark Robinson being a terrible person and to not vote for him but then I walk outside and see all over the city yard signs for Robinson, I've decided that maybe I should go out and vote for him as my fellow Americans don't believe in what the mega corps wants us to believe and they must have a good reason for that.

N8H

FNG
Kind of

seems like everywhere I go, I see these signs saying 'vote NO to prop 1, don't Californicate idaho elections'
I eventually googled proposition 1 and formed my own opinion. Before, I wouldn't have voted on the issue, now I will. The sign didn't convince me or change my mind, just irritated me until I googled it.

magtech

WKR
Someone put a trump sign in my yard yesterday. As im apolitical, i decided to move it to my dem neighbors yard... im sure it changed their viewpoints. 🤣

No.

I've never been in favor of a politician enough to put their name in my lawn. I have strong political feelings but see them as a net negative. I see them as a black and white statement in a very grey world.

I saw a home made sign the other day that said "Democrats suck" then on the far side of the yard there was another on that said "Democrats REALLY suck". I can't imagine the kind of life you would have to lead to make a blanket statement about 1/2 the population so publicly.

No. I usually pull them up and use for target stands (after the election of course, unless I don’t agree with the sign 🤣)
Dude the little yard signs are great for targets. Whenever we've had soliciting signs planted in the front of the subdivision I try to grab a couple cause they work great.