In need of recommendations for rifles

Hey guys, recently purchased a savage arms axis ii, I love the thing its accurate as hell but I'm looking to get something a bit higher quality. I'll be shooting at about 100-150 yards, but with future plans of shooting farther for hunting down the line. I've been recommended the Tikka ultra lite with a diamondback scope from vortex. Would anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

OP
CarlitoElPipo
What’s your budget? How often do you want to shoot? Just hunting or plan on regularly shooting? Lightweight or not as concerned?
I should've mentioned that prior. Im gonna be between shooting and hunting. Budget between scope and rifle would be around 1000-1400$.

IdahoBeav

WKR
I should've mentioned that prior. Im gonna be between shooting and hunting. Budget between scope and rifle would be around 1000-1400$.
Keep the rifle you have and put all of your budget into a new scope. I'd do the NF SHV 4-14x50 F1, but there are a number of other good options.

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly I’d suggest keeping what you have, invest in a nicer scope if you want- not sure what you have now? And just go shooting. Out to 100-150 yards is nothing. You can upgrade your stock, trigger, scope, invest in bipod, tripod, good rings, good muzzle brake, and then upgrade gun later.

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider

Cool chassis available in savage action. Might be a bit heavy. Trigger would probably be the first upgrade
Something like this? I’m not familiar with savage but know how important a trigger is

Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 PRC Bolt-Action Rifle... $1600, think this should be good enough.

OP
CarlitoElPipo

Cool chassis available in savage action. Might be a bit heavy. Trigger would probably be the first upgrade
Something like this? I’m not familiar with savage but know how important a trigger is

So I was looking into the chassis systems but I don't know the real advantage of a chassis besides weight I imagine? Also, I purchased the m carbo trigger kit but it wasnt compatible with this trigger system since its a newer model than what M carbo offers.

Is that trigger for any type of savage arms model? I'm gonna have to look into it. It does have a crazy trigger pull, had to be like 6-7 lbs.

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider
OP
CarlitoElPipo

Compatibility list

A nicer trigger will also eliminate creep

Edit- to add

For me I wanted an aftermarket stock on my river American because- 1) the factory stock is flimsy- and it can contact the barrel 2) I wanted a more vertical grip for better shooting fundamentals, and 3) most importantly- looks cooler.
Thanks man i appreicate your information alot. I believe looking coolers helps you shoot better so I would've put that at #1 lol.

eric1115

WKR
Hey guys, recently purchased a savage arms axis ii, I love the thing its accurate as hell but I'm looking to get something a bit higher quality. I'll be shooting at about 100-150 yards, but with future plans of shooting farther for hunting down the line. I've been recommended the Tikka ultra lite with a diamondback scope from vortex. Would anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

I'd recommend a T3X (not super lite) in .223 or 6.5CM, and instead of the Vortex get a Trijicon Huron if money is tight or a Credo if there's room in the budget (or try to hold out for a SWFA 6x).

This combo (properly assembled) will be a reliable, quality option that will give you tons of room to grow as a rifleman.

RWT

WKR
If you want a new rifle. My build list would be
Tikka - pick your caliber and model but keep it around $1100 max 308 or smaller
Warne pic rail $100
Warne MT rings - $130
Trijicon huron 3x9 - $350. Euro optics. Just passed the drop test.

Also consider UM rings if you go with a Tikka.

The rest of the $ spend on Vibra tight, acetone, ammo and inch lb wrench.

LightFoot

WKR
If you want a new rifle. My build list would be
Tikka - pick your caliber and model but keep it around $1100 max 308 or smaller
Warne pic rail $100
Warne MT rings - $130
Trijicon huron 3x9 - $350. Euro optics. Just passed the drop test.

Also consider UM rings if you go with a Tikka.

The rest of the $ spend on Vibra tight, acetone, ammo and inch lb wrench.

This ^^^

>>>——JAKE——>