Sold Tikka T3X Custom 7SAUM, SWFA 3-9HD, Tikka UM Rings, Lots of Extras!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Alright folks here it is... I am going to regret this, but I am officially no longer reloading anymore. My recently retired father in law bought me out of all my reloading equipment over the weekend. I am selling a couple rifles that are tough to get factory ammo for and unfortunately this amazing little rifle is one of them.

I am leaving this as a ready to kill package with a barely used SWFA SS HD 3-9x42 MILQUAD scope mounted properly with Unknown Munitions Tikka rings. These are installed with the threaded Tikka pins and properly torqued to spec, along with the UM Tikka Level Bubble. I have also properly torqued the action and stock into an aluminum High Desert Bottom Metal and the barrel is fully free floated with recoil lug installed. The mountain tactical trigger spring is set perfectly for hunting and can be easily adjusted to your liking.

This rifle is definitely a shooter and is very easy to shoot/spot shots with the low recoil of a braked 7SAUM. It actually recoils less than my non-braked Tikka .260. It has shot both 175 Grain ELDX and 160 Grain Partitions with ragged hole 10 shot groups at 100 yards. Haven't tried any other bullets and the rifle only has 400 rounds through it total. This rifle has been verified with hits on 8" plates out to 950 yards, with two big game kills at 670 and 550 yards in its first season this year. I also used this rifle for the Rokslide Cold Bore Challenge this Summer right after I put it together, so check out the amazing results in that thread. The rifle will come with a verified dope chart taped to the stock for the 175 ELDX.

Barrel is a very accurate 20" McGowen 1:8 twist threaded with a TI-Pro3 muzzle brake installed. Velocities are just over 2,800 with both ELDX and Partitions using ADG brass. The rifle will come with a pile of ADG Brass, Hornady 175 ELDX bullets, and a few rounds already made up using both 175 ELDX and 170 Partition.

The condition of the rifle is very good. Barrel has some surface scratching, stock has some minor use marks nothing crazy. Action is as you'd expect, a buttery smooth Tikka experience. There is a red sharpie line on the stock where my scope eye relief goes, that can be removed easily with goof off if desired. The scope has some tape residue and current tape on it holding the reticle focus and windage turret in place as a hunting precaution. This can be removed and cleaned as well if it bothers you... It's currently sighted in at 100 yards and ready for you to kill with as is. I'll leave the spartan fore-end adapter on the rifle as well for you to use with the Spartan bipods. Also comes with two 3-round Tikka Long Action magazines, one factory plastic and one Mountain Tactical metal magazine.

The rifle weighs 7 lbs 14 ounces as it sits, with 3 rounds of 175 ELDX in the magazine.

Details:

.Tikka T3X SS Long Action ($800)
.Fluted Factory Bolt ($200)
.McGowen Stainless 20" 1:8 Twist 7SAUM Barrel ($600)
.Tikka Altitude Stock ($675)
.TI Pro3 Muzzle Brake ($200)
.High Desert Bottom Metal ($150)
.Mountain Tactical Trigger Spring ($15)
.SWFA SS HD 3-9x42 MILQUAD Scope ($600 if you can find one)
.Unknown Munitions 30mm Low Rings/Level Bubble/Pins ($175)
.100 Pieces of New ADG Brass ($200)
.200+ Pieces of 175 ELDX ($100)
.Mountain Tactical 3 Round Gen 2 Metal Magazine ($70)
.Factory Tikka Plastic 3 Round Magazine
.15 Rounds of ready to shoot 175 ELDX Loaded into Bertram Brass
.25 Rounds of ready to shoot Nosler 160 Partition Loaded into Nosler Brass
.15 Once Fired Nosler Brass
.85 Once Fired Bertram Brass

I am basically sitting on about $4,000 worth of rifle/scope/plus all the extras. You are getting a rifle that shoots as well or better than any custom rifle with Tikka and SWFA reliability. The 7 SAUM chambering is damn impressive with low recoil and long range capabilities. You're also getting a currently 11 month and running backordered high demand scope.

I do NOT have plans to separate anything out. This will all come as a ready to shoot/hunt/kill package. If I don't get a buyer I will reply here with plans to part out eventually. Please don't message me unless you are serious and ready to purchase. We can exchange cell numbers via PM.

Cyber Monday special gets you everything for $2,700 shipped. I will ship the rifle insured from my FFL to your FFL and will send everything else to your home.

Have a great day!

John

SAUM 1.jpg

SAUM 2.jpg

SAUM 3.jpg

jaytaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi John. This is an interesting rig. I'm wondering if your father-in-law bought your 7 SAUM reloading dies when he bought all the rest of your reloading equipment, or do those come with this rifle? Thanks.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
He bought the dies as well as he has an old Remington Model 7 in 7SAUM that he likes. Feel free to PM me and we can discuss more details on the rifle.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I could also swap the SWFA 3-9 for a SWFA Fixed 6 if desired... Will bring the price down to $2,400 shipped. I'm also willing to sell just the rifle and accessories with no scope for $2,100 shipped. Bare rifle will still include the UM low rings and level and the two magazines.

Thanks all!

Clarktar

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Any interest in a Remington mountain TI in 30-06?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thanks for the bumps gents. Yes this is an insane deal on this setup. I’m sure it will sell soon.

No trades at the moment thanks though.

Clarktar

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks for the bumps gents. Yes this is an insane deal on this setup. I’m sure it will sell soon.

No trades at the moment thanks though.
Let me know when you change your mind

Kampfield worked on this one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Alrighty. I’ll leave this together for a few more days and if nobody buys it, I’ll part it all out for more money than I’m asking for the package.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
For anybody that hasn’t shot a 7saum, it is a sweet shooter. Both my wife and 12 year old daughter (she weighs 68 pounds) refuse to shoot the 6.5cm I built for them. They’re shooting 180s (about the heaviest, highest recoil bullet you can get for the Saum).

Bump for a badass setup!

Afhunter1

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you part it out I’ll prob buy the new brass. My father built me a “sheep gun” a few months back and hasn’t been able to get any new brass yet. Thanks.

SawtoothShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For anybody that hasn’t shot a 7saum, it is a sweet shooter. Both my wife and 12 year old daughter (she weighs 68 pounds) refuse to shoot the 6.5cm I built for them. They’re shooting 180s (about the heaviest, highest recoil bullet you can get for the Saum).

Bump for a badass setup!

What did you get velocity wise? Thinking about building a 7 sherman mega for my missus. Try and keep a 180 north of 3000 in a 22” tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.