If you had f##k you money and could import any wild game to your state what would it be?

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
with f#ck you money I would travel to enjoy those game animals. I would lobby every state and foreign govt for unfair year round access.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't read thread, id export me to them, and just bring the meat/cape/horns back, no more invasives needed.

Mi_fiveo

WKR
I wouldn’t waste my time importing animals to Michigan cause the goddamn wolves would eat them all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably emu or ostrich. Some big ass bird to shoot.
Bit of a tangent but these really are BIG ass birds.

Was driving down a long two lane highway going a tad fast. See in the distance what looks like someone standing at their mailbox right on the edge of the road. Plenty of time to get the mail and move on. I get closer, not moving. Coming up on it fast and I'm like wtf that's not a person, what is that thing. I rapidly approach and realize it's a damn emu! I veer into the middle of the road a bit and pass, lock eyes with this sob of an emu that doesn't move. Can't imagine hitting one.
The next several miles I'm trying to figure wtf just happened and if that was real lol. Not many emus or exotic animals in my area.

Ostrich.
For the Thanksgiving implications… 😶
But, I’d also like to make a crown rack of steer, so take that for what it’s worth.🤪

Bit of a tangent but these really are BIG ass birds.

Was driving down a long two lane highway going a tad fast. See in the distance what looks like someone standing at their mailbox right on the edge of the road. Plenty of time to get the mail and move on. I get closer, not moving. Coming up on it fast and I'm like wtf that's not a person, what is that thing. I rapidly approach and realize it's a damn emu! I veer into the middle of the road a bit and pass, lock eyes with this sob of an emu that doesn't move. Can't imagine hitting one.
The next several miles I'm trying to figure wtf just happened and if that was real lol. Not many emus or exotic animals in my area.

Had a similar experience about 15 years ago, but it was like 4 of them.

They got out from the farm they were on, apparently took them several days to get them back in. They were smart enough to know they were free, and didn't wanna go back.

TheGDog

WKR
Hehe... just had several Evil Genius thoughts in a row!

1) Import.. or better.. Transport... all the Crips and Bloods and Cholos and drop them off in a designated HF hunting area! (Looks at the new border Wall) "Oh... wait.. "

2) Import a bunch of those hottie Euro chics like from Romania/Ukraine/Russia etc. (And do more of a... um..you might say "catch-and-release" kind of "Hunting" ;)

I believe I would import red stags to my home state.

Then, the very next thing I would do would be to market to the masses and lure in the non-residents by granting them about 40% of the tags.

Then, a year later I would immediately implement a preference point scandal that the likes of the world has never seen.

Then, once people were heavily vested in the system (give it about 10 years or so and make sure that people were really enjoying themselves), I would spring my trap and cut the NR tags from 40% of the tags to 10%.

Then, I would take the landowner and guide set asides out of the 10% of the NR tags.

Then, I would jack the NR prices up to 20X what a resident tag would cost to make up the loss in revenue from giving so many resident tags out.

Seems fair right?

Oh wait, maybe I need to re-think this buisness model as this seems to be too good to be true and I cant help but wonder if other people doing this already?

7mm-08

WKR
I'm with others on this one. Before anything new gets in, we should be contemplating eliminating the invasive species we have here. If you've never hunted in areas where wild horse populations exist, the damage they do to an ecosystem is remarkable.